Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jimdillon

jimdillon

Els that is Alan Patterson's car. I hung that picture in my shop for a few years as it was one of my favorites for sure. Hard to beat a black 62 Vette drag car IMO.

2. loudbang

loudbang

3. loudbang

loudbang

Revenge at Connecticut maybe

revenge atv CT maybe.JPG

4. els

els

I saw him run that car in Topeka. very cool car. He built the motor for my corvette. I will get pics of the engine. Thank you for the update. I am thinking about black paint on my car, it would look great with red interior.

loudbang likes this.
  5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

A couple from the Meltdown this past weekend IMG_2732.JPG IMG_2804.JPG IMG_2854.JPG IMG_2939.JPG

Attached Files:

6. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

If this Gal would be without the graphics, she would be Sexy Sexy!

[​IMG]

1947knuck, els, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  7. jimdillon

jimdillon

Hotdoggin Daddy O that 63 Vette paint job is old and weather checked but in decent shape. The paint goes back to the late 60s or early 70s. The owner has kept the car as he bought it. It runs pretty good (12s) without the owner wrenching on it lap after lap.

Moriarity, catdad49, els and 4 others like this.
  8. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I have to say I'm digging that Corvette, also. I first saw it last year at the Meltdown and the paint
    took me right back to 1971 and my pal's tricked out '64. I liked his '64 so much I went and found a
    '63 ragtop for myself.

A - 29.JPG

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Some from our local cruise today image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

10. loudbang

loudbang

At San Fernando 1966

66 and vette.JPG

cruiserjohn76, 1947knuck, els and 4 others like this.
  11. loudbang

loudbang

57.JPG

57a.JPG

58.JPG

Rick Duty Oxnard Air force Base

Rick Duty Oxnard air Force base.JPG

12. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Loudbang, it's nice seeing the street cars. I've always said that wheels can make or break a car. The
    flamed black '58 isn't broken but the wheels don't cut it. Here's another 'vette where the owner didn't
    seem to give the wheels much consideration. Damn near anything would have been better, otherwise
    it works as a hot rod Corvette. Photo taken at Great Lakes Dragaway, Union Grove, Wisconsin around 1994.

227.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  13. jimdillon

jimdillon

Quick 85 the red Vette is a bit different. I believe I would have chosen different wheels and a different hood. The rear flares were common although in most cases I was not a real fan. I had one of those aftermarket tops that a friend gave me and I in turn gave it to another friend.

The owner stripped the side cove trim but kept the fuel injection emblem. If it was a true fuelie I would not be surprised that it is in someone's collection with original patina and drivetrain with a story that has been embellished to the max. Still kind of a cool hotrod.

14. noboD

noboD

We used to refer to those aftermarket hardtops as football helmets.

15. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

jimdillon, don't be too sure about the fuelie system. I wonder how many out there were pieced
    together starting in the mid-'70s when people started getting hip to collector prices. As a 16 year
    old kid in 1966 I witnessed one of the older guys in town drop his fuelie system into the trashcan
    as he replaced it with an Edelbrock intake and Holley carb. I certainly wasn't wise enough to say "Hey
    Willie, can I take that home?".

16. jimdillon

jimdillon

Quick 85 I know what you are saying but I have heard so many silly stories from some of these "stock" Corvette collectors how the original owner kept all of the original parts under the bench and they reunited them with the car (or some other story of disbelief). I just shake my head at times. You are right though that a lot of fuelies were discarded since "mechanics" did not know what to do with them.

Bowtie Coupe, els, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  17. noboD

noboD

I'd bet there were more fuel units thrown in the trash or sold for next to nothing then stored under the bench and saved for the future.

18. jimdillon

jimdillon

Doug, that is my point. Numbers matching terminology being used today is a way to BS buyers and fools to believe the parts and the car is genuine as it left the factory in a pretty decent number of instances.

Bowtie Coupe, 1934coupe, els and 4 others like this.
  19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Boy I wish I had some of them to resale. Then there would be a bunch of guys that could have numbers matching cars and I could have my play money account pumped up:)

20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

23. jimdillon

jimdillon

Thought you guys might appreciate this. I was beat last night so I was wasting time on my computer and I had been talking to a friend earlier about how the 1962 Corvette had made the top 50 drag times of the 60s (1962 with a 360hp-4 speed with a 4.10 gear ran a 13.89 at 105.14 in early 1962) and so I thought I was typing in top 50 to find a copy to forward to him and I hit top 40 and my drop down box showed top 40 hits of autorama 2017. I was at autorama and so I clicked on it to see what cars they chose as the top 40 hits and lo and behold they chose my black Vette as one of the cars. Here is the picture they used in the piece which is a pretty decent picture I thought. Apparently it is Car Crafts top 40. I car-craft-detroit-autorama-coverage-37.jpg see it is online but not sure if it made any print media as I don't subscribe to Car Craft. Either way it made my night for sure.

24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I am taking a few minutes break to have some cold water. I am trying to drop the tank. I have one bolt left. Wouldn't you know that the head of the bolt is stripped. Now it is hammer time. I needed a little inspiration so her I am. image.jpg

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

26. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I wish it was sitting in my garage. I dig those in white. My '63 was a silver blue. Hold onto that 'vette!

'63 Corvette 1.jpg

27. loudbang

loudbang

Well that is great. Kudos on that listing.

cruiserjohn76, Bowtie Coupe and els like this.
  28. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

I saw it there too. DSCN1712.JPG DSCN1711.JPG

1947knuck, 62hotcat, mkebaird and 6 others like this.
  29. jimdillon

jimdillon

Good to see you working on it Enloe. A step at a time and you will get it. Once you get it you will appreciate it for a long time.

Thanks for the pics Rumblegutz. I figured Autorama was history so it was good to hit on that Car Craft article. Always good to get a slap on the back I suppose.

els, loudbang and enloe like this.
  30. Congrats on making "Car Craft's" top 40. It's well-deserved.:):cool: What an awesome '62. I haven't read "Car Craft" for decades. With your selection to the list, I may have found a new respect for their magazine.