Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Cruise Night Mutterings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Jul 26, 2017.

1. How about a post on things you hear at weekly cruise nights. I think the local mental hospital must bus some of their patients in for a field trip.

One from last Friday at a big cruise night. This guy is looking intently at the engine in my Ford... finally he asks, "is this a 4-cylinder... wait, I see 4 more on the other side so this must be an 8."

2. long island vic

long island vic

cops won,t give you a no front plate ticket cause its a vette

3. Mark T

Mark T

Must be something in the water on Long Island.:rolleyes:

dan31 likes this.
  4. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

It's not the uninformed comments that bother me, it's the put-downs directed at vehicles that I
    find ignorant. Some seem to be purposely spoken loudly so others (along with the owner) are
    able to hear them. Granted, some wheel or paint choices may be questionable but be a straight
    shooter, take up your questions / comments with the owner. Just maybe you won't get told
    off or knocked on your ass.

5. "Are you the original owner?":rolleyes: 18814792_712939035576889_2830503049825111466_o.jpg

6. "My Grandfather had one exactly like it.":rolleyes: 329-vi.jpg

7. "It's a Hudson, right?":rolleyes: 20160823_184325.jpg

8. ............OUCH!, That's painful, Danny!:D;)

9. Is that a supercharger? :rolleyes:

IMG_0351.JPG

10. Heard that one and I always answer with a yes.

11. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

12. ...............and then the fight starts.:eek:

j3harleys, ElAndy, Denns1989 and 13 others like this.
  13. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I have heard the " Did you buy it new?"(my '57 Pontiac) a few times. My answer is yes I was very mature for 4 years old and my father floated the loan for me! Of course it was 12 years before I could drive it!
    My '57 Pontiac is often mistaken for a Desoto, Plymouth, Dodge, Cadillac, and various other late 50's cars.
    KK IMG_0006.JPG

14. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

nice rat rod
    That's an oxymoron!
    KK

j3harleys, Runnin shine, Flop and 8 others like this.
  15. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

I wouldn't be fightin over that. Most peoples comments are well intended, however misinformed. those that aren't, sckeeeroooem

16. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

In a similar vane. Being a circle tracker - sprint cars - from Indiana, it always got to me when we were towing out of state in the open trailer days and would pull into a gas station and be asked by the attendant " Is that one of them cars that races at the Indy 500 ? " as soon as he saw the Indiana plates on the rig.

motorhead748 and Runnin shine like this.
  17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Studebaker bought their 289 engines from Ford

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

One comment you hear quite frequently when someone is looking at one of my Chevy's is "my Dad had one just like that but it was a Ford".
    Aside from hunters an fisherman old car owners have to be the biggest bull shitters.

Gary.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  19. The one's that make me shake my head- HRP

"How much do you have in it?"

"Is it a kit car?"

"When are you going to paint it?"

"Did you but it new?",my standard answer is," yes I did,I was 15 years old at the time,I think I have help up good for 100 years old!":rolleyes: HRP

j3harleys, ElAndy, Paul B and 3 others like this.
  20. I'm sure glad you kept a Ford in her...

[​IMG]

21. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I try to go look at other cars at events and not get trapped standing by mine.
    Really saves me exposure to the ill-informed show car judging comments.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  22. williebill

williebill

Dumbasses that think they're impressing their girlfriends are my favorites..........

like she gives a shit anyway...

Runnin shine, Andy, Jet96 and 8 others like this.
  23. upspirate

upspirate

24. I like to here the guys that don't have a clue as to what they are talking about when they make that comment and you tell them it's a sbc and listen to them back pedal.

Going in a totally different,I enjoy the inquisitive people that are actually wanting to learn and I will go out of my way to answer all their questions and if I don't know the answer there are other knowledgeable guys around I can ask.

I know some people like the rodent rods,personally I don't and if ask I try to correct the thinking but please don't call my old beater a RR. HRP

25. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My favorite happened back in 1983 or so. I brought my new-to-me '37 Chevy 2-door Town Sedan, which was a stock, original, all steel, etc., survivor to a show, with a "Do Not Judge" sign on it, because it wasn't anywhere near deserving of judging.

A guy waked around it a few times, then just stood near me and stared at it for several minutes. Finally, he said to me, "Not bad from the cowl forward, but of course the rear's not right. I said, "Excuse me? What are you talking about?" He said well it's fiberglass and they didn't get the body & rear fenders right." I told him he was right and that he had a good eye to spot it, but to please not tell anyone. He assured me he wouldn't say a word........dumb ass !

26. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

My old T has 12:1 compression and a pretty radical cam with solid lifters. I have had a lot of people tell me my car would be ok if I got a good tune up to make it run smoother.

27. ...is that a Volkswagen?...
    wendys 5-23-12 001.jpg

Torkwrench, Jet96, Montana1 and 2 others like this.
  28. The one I have heard more than any other is, "My uncle had a car just like that only his was a insert brand here ."

Jet96 and upspirate like this.
  29. "I had one just like this, except mine was so fast the front tires could jump a coke can from a dead stop."

Also every SBC in NC has camel hump heads on it apparently.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Jet96 likes this.