Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Porta Walls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 15, 2017.

1. southerncad

southerncad

X2 on what Enjenjo said, I'd run them on trailer tires, IF mounted correctly...

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. I've decided to give the Porta walls a shot,they are not expensive and if they work that will make the boss lady happy,"Happy Wife-Happy Life" :D HRP

rodncustomdreams and upspirate like this.
  3. bondolero

bondolero

I think it will make all the difference in looks. I say nothing to lose.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. We are going to go for it,they are not expensive and if they fail to do the job at least we tried,Barry has them on his camper and has had zero problems. HRP

upspirate likes this.
  5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

We put the thick rubber ones (had 'reveals' on the outside circumference) on my bud Ramsay's channeled Model A Coupe, 16". Washed them with Ajax Foaming Cleanser and a dishrag, man...they were WHITE!
    Back-and-forth to L.A. around 10 times, (Ramsay sold hot rod to a Sailor, he was a friend; Stationed aboard the U.S.S. Los Angeles Heavy Cruiser, Al was a Machinist Mate Hot Rodder, I'd drive him back from Santa Clara to Long Beach after every Liberty, in the Coupe.
    Never a problem with Portawalls...But the tires were tube type, and we installed the Portawalls with the horizontal Coates machine, and a rubber mallet.
    Portawalls were on that car for 10 years, maybe more...Al sold it to me for a dollar (while he took an 11 month cruise!) and I sold it back to him when he returned in '62.
    Shoulda kept it...Dependable 21 stud flattie, '41 pickup box...Black synthetic enamel...and American Auto Portawalls!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. Mike,it's unheard of to buy a car for a buck,I hope you held out and doubled your money when you sold it back to your friend! :D HRP

7. That's putting it mildly! I recently bought a cargo trailer to haul my Ed Roth Mysterion clone around. The trailer came with 4 good looking tires on the ground and a brand new looking spare inside. I took the spare out to clean and paint the interior of the trailer and when I went to put the spare back in the trailer, this is how it looked! The trailer is 1995 vintage so the tire is probably near 20 years old but always inside out of UV and never run on the road. Definitely not passenger tire quality.

HOT!.JPG

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  8. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP, I would cover all the tires when the camper is not in use. You know how the sun can screw up a 2-car funeral.

9. Slinger646

Slinger646
    from Virginia

Try contacting Cali Whitewalls. They can probably vulcanize real whites on your tires.

10. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

That Scotty is like the one my Dad bought new. I can't tell you how many hours I polished that little buger with aircraft aluminum polish to keep it shiny! I remember being 1 pissed off kid when Dad traded it in on a new Scotty in 65.

11. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Look at that patina;) I bet there is some dude out there that would give big bucks for the to prove he is old school:rolleyes: