Register now to get rid of these ads!

Being a Dad is Cool.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. b-bop

b-bop

What an awesome tribute........great video "not that one guy" :)

2. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

Thank you. I appriciate that

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. it was a great fathers day weekend. we got to spend the weekend at the hot rod reunion. he lives in detroit now so thats six hours away from us. when he was young we did the show every year. good times.

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We just got home from the HotRod Reunion in Bowling Green
    image.jpg image.jpg

5. enloe it was good to see you and your son again. he is a good kid.

enloe likes this.
  6. b-bop

b-bop

I was a father to two girls, but now have 3 grandsons. Everyone of them loves Grampa's hot rod. Being a grampa, just as much fun as being a father with a whole lot less responsibility. :)

DSC_0340.JPG 287977_10152058792950514_982834715_o.jpg 20150708_165502.jpg

7. raymay

raymay

Being a Dad is cool when your two adult Children pay you the nicest Fathers Day compliments on how you raised them and inspired them to be parents just like you. My Daughter included an old picture to remind me how cool it is to be a Grandfather to her 3 boys. I am now looking forward to my Son and his Wife giving me my first Granddaughter.

13503014_10209721294249939_9144746632924441044_o.jpg

Tim, shadams, mediumriser and 4 others like this.
  8. [​IMG]

My kids picked out two t-shirts at Target for my Father's day gift; one a motorcycle, the other a poop imoji. Two best presents I ever got.

9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

hopefully i don't get in trouble for showing my Camaro which is really a 64 in 68 clothing... ha ha convinced my boy to stand in front and get a pic. IMG_1778.JPG

Ron Funkhouser and enloe like this.
  10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I posted this on the thread that is linked in my signature but I thought I would repost it here as well.

Well I thought I would take a few minutes to put fingers to keyboard and type a few thoughts down. This is by no stretch of the imagination a Bitchfest.

Another Hot Rod Reunion has come and gone That is our annual "Guy Trip". This year went better than last year as the wagon made it home under it's own power (that's always a plus):) This year my Father-in-Law went with us for the 1st time since the wagon has been on the road.

It was pretty funny when he showed up at the house the morning that we left. He said "what are we driving" I told him that we were taking the wagon to which he replied "You are kidding". He kept saying "I can't believe we are driving this" About halfway there he said "This thing runs out pretty good".

By Friday evening he was saying "I can't believe how people like this car I wouldn't change a thing". He couldn't believe that so many people were trying to buy it and giving us the thumbs up while we are driving down the road.

Ethan was very happy because he got to eat breakfast at the 5th Street Diner every morning. I don't know what I am ging to do when he is about 15 or 16 because he will break the bank when we go out to eat (of course I was the same way :) ).

Ethan was also happy because he scored some parts for his project.
    JOYFLEA
    Brought him a
    Front suspension for and early Ford
    A new water pump off of a crate motor.
    A after market HEI distributor
    Some nice Motor mounts
    I think there was something else but I can't remember right now.

captmullette
    Gave him a
    Steering wheel and a push in oil breather

RacerX gave him a chrome timing chain cover for a SBC.

Then he bought some stuff at the swap meet and the campground.
    He got 2 sets of Cal Custom Valve Covers for a SBC
    He bought a Hurst Shifter Knob with the push button in it.
    He also Bought 2 Cal Custom Footprint Pedals 1 for the accelerator and 1 for the dimmer switch.

He was having a fit for the Valve Covers I was at another part of the grounds trying to sell some magazines and he was with my best Amigo and my father in Law when he made the deal. He called and I told me the price and I told him to buy both sets and I would pay him for one of them. He came back and was excited I told him I would pay him for my set or he could try to sell them and make a little bit of profit toward his project. I told him if they didn't sell I would take them for what he had in them so he wouldn't be out anything for that set.

Keep on the lookout for an add coming in the classifieds soon.

As always we had fun and got to see a bunch of my HAMB friends and make some new friends. It is always good to put some faces with names. Just to name a few on here but by no means all of them. 20th century chevy (next year the vette and the 57 :) )
    Joyflea
    Racerx
    Oldsjoe
    captmullette
    dman313
    primed34
    KoolKat57
    GasserDude
    B.A.King
    M.E. Gasser
    saltflats
    And a whole lot more.

Every Year this is my tool to get Ethan to tow the mark I always say (If you don't act right you won't be going on the guy trip). I hope he always makes time for this as we make a lot of cool memories during this trip. One of them is him talking trash to one of my amigos about him bringing his project before Wayne brings his truck. Also the Bourbon drinkers in the campground we affectionately named the Gargoyles this year because they are always sitting on the corner watching everything going on.

I have said it before and I will say it again my family is everything. I am so thankful for them and hopefully we will have many many years and trips to come.

We planned on going to the Meltdown drags this year but Ethan has a Football fundraiser he has to go to and I don't want to go without him. He has already said next year we are going and I said YES WE ARE.

Thanks to all you guys and girls who treat my son so well and thanks to all the ones who cut up with him and give him a hard time. I really appreciate it.

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM...

Ron Funkhouser and gonmad like this.
  11. [​IMG]

Heading out with the kids to get better acquainted with the local fish population, that's the hat my car wears pretty much until school starts again.

12. davidh73750

davidh73750

13. gonmad

gonmad

Fun sitting in the back of the wagon at the dragstrip watching a no prep race the other day. They're always asking me when we can go to the dragstrip! image.jpeg

Ron Funkhouser and clunker like this.
  14. davidh73750

davidh73750

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469642050.473957.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469642083.055987.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469642101.116412.jpg
    From a few years back until yesterday . Getting big too quick . Involving them more with hands on things

Ron Funkhouser, gonmad and clunker like this.
  15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

This thread pegs the Awesometer:)

16. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I love my kids but I cant wait until they hit the road!!!!!!!!!

17. Caprice89

Caprice89

My son is an even bigger motorhead than I am. Every Monday night we work on project cars, his or mine. Last week, he was on vacation and nothing worked for me that Monday night.
    Yes, being a dad is cool.

Leaking oil? No, sweating horsepower

18. gonmad

gonmad

Went on an RV trip a couple weeks ago and hit some of the "standard" '66 sites to get the kids some memories. Here is The Ranch
    image.jpeg

Ron Funkhouser and davidh73750 like this.
  19. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

4th Gen. gear head. My boy Jack firing Pawpaw's Fairlane drag car for the first time. Really don't know what I would do without him.
    [​IMG]

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

The hot rod reunion in Bowling Green this past weekend WAS AWESOME.
    My son and I went again this is our annual guy trip I posted about 200 pics on the thread that is linked on my signature. They start on page 34.
    The last pic is one of my best friends and Ethan and my friends grandson Bryce. IMG_2572.JPG IMG_2591.JPG IMG_2433.JPG IMG_2375.JPG

21. trailerpark

trailerpark

22. gonmad

gonmad

IMG_6779.JPG IMG_6904.JPG The boys riding along with me in the OT car at the NSRA "Streetkana" a couple weeks ago. Man they had a blast!! (So did I tho! LoL!) Notice the oldest son in his favorite cap! :cool:
    The family on the way to the Power Tour Kickoff in Kansas City in the wagon last weekend. They still love cars thankfully!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  23. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My 10 year old daughter is really into working in the shed. I can't seem to get the pan to seal on my tranny, so I figured I give her a go at it. Then we did some metal fab, (she can lay a bead as well as I can). I'm as proud of her for this as some hockey dad is, as his kid slapshots a goal, or checks his classmate face first into the plexi...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. My kids love the "new" Falcon wagon. The don't like to be seen in my OT 94 Roadmaster Wagon though. Not old enough yet I guess!

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, TFoch, clunker and 2 others like this.
  25. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D The car or the kids:rolleyes::p?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

enloe likes this.
  26. jimmy959

jimmy959

With my son at last year's Cruisin' For A Cure in Costa Mesa (his head is buried in the driver's window of that '60 Bel Air). And with him at NAS Coronado the day he deployed (three IMG_1012.JPG IMG_2663.JPG weeks ago).

27. Work In Progress

Work In Progress

3rd generation hotrodder.
    My son helping me drop the Hemi in the 47
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Car shows
    [​IMG]

First ride in the 35 with his Poppie, hard to see him in the passenger seat
    [​IMG]

chop job, clunker, enloe and 2 others like this.
  28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

A couple from the Meltdown this past weekend more pics from this event on the thread that is linked in my signature. they start on page 37 IMG_2860.JPG IMG_2850.JPG

gonmad likes this.
  29. raymay

raymay

Being a Great Uncle to my Niece and Nephew's kids is cool too. They all love staying and playing at Uncle Ray's house.

20139621_2367509776806620_3734588776874071503_n.jpg 20228840_2367509746806623_5331149121998989847_n.jpg DSC00968.JPG DSC00990.JPG

clunker likes this.
  30. Tell your son thank you for his service sir

jimmy959, clunker and gonmad like this.