Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Time again to Hype the Yah-Hoo Cup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 16, 2017.

1. YH-Cup1.jpg

Ok fellas I don't like hype and I don't doubt that you don't either, so let me keep this simple:

Gotta drive your car to the event (at least 150 miles) ( this is on the honor system)
    • Gotta sign up to be a contender
    • Gotta update the sign-up sheet with your ET info... have the slip handy, just in case
    • The quickest pass by a contender is deemed that year's Cup Champion
    • The champ gets their name added to The Cup
    • The champ also (eventually) gets a dash plaque to commemorate the victory... but we admit that we're backlogged on these

• STILL READING?????

• Here's the deal if you drive your car and are not afraid to run it then this is for you. You have already signed up for the HAMB Drags, the Boss (@Ryan ) has already given you a wink and a nod. You are bat shit crazy and decided that driving your car to Joplin is tits. All that's left is to find us, sign up (preferably before your first pass), then run the guts out of your old heap.

• Never raced a day in your life? Well you're not getting any younger, and if you tell one of us we'll make sure someone shows you where the staging lanes are. :D I know you're worried about breaking you car. its just a damned old car and since the first cup in '09 everyone has made it home again. granted a couple of the fellas have limped it home ( ask Jeff @flamedabone ;) ) but end of the day its just a damned old car and you built it the first time right?

• Now do the 'beaner a favor and show your nutz, UH that you're nutz. This is your chance to ask questions and talk some smack. Well I guess talking smack is showing your ass isn't it. So I'll start, you're lucky I'm not racing, I always win. :D :D

• Good luck fellas, see you in Joplin.
    From post #38

"Now I think it is understood but just to be clear, there is NO CHARGE to be a Contender for the YAY-HOO CUP. We shoulder what little expense that there is, sometimes we have to be creative. LOL But you must be registered for the HAMB Drags. That is between you and the Boss. You fill out the form, send your cash and he decides if your car fits the HAMB Drags criteria. If your car does not make the cut you don't loose anything.

Pre-registry is a WIN WIN for everyone involved."

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    triman62, Stogy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  2. Who will take it this year!?

loudbang likes this.
  3. Your guess is as good as mine. Jeff thinks he's winning. The Raven is out, just a few $ shy of completing his engine swap. @Tim is bringing the custom, he has a fair chance. Then there is always @Malcolm in the 11 second roadster. . .

Hell I'm winning, well at least I get to be under the canopy in the winners circle. :D

4. I always bet on black, flamedabone gets my pick

loudbang and alchemy like this.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't nobody want none of what 's under here....

[​IMG]

See you in August, -Abone.

triman62, loudbang, Avgas and 3 others like this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I want to see @Jr. Fueler and @SamIyam make some runs this year, but I hear @jho is bringing some muscle this year ;)

loudbang likes this.
  7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, sometimes shit breaks. This was me in 2012. I knew she wasn't right when I left, but I did it anyway. Damn near 3000 miles, a handful of passes and then 20 miles from home, kaflooey. She knocked like hell, but still made it the last 20 miles home.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

Okie Pete, loudbang, Avgas and 4 others like this.
  8. Well I hate to say it but it is damned hard to kill a Poncho. But then you work at it a little harder than most. ;)

loudbang and Tim like this.
  9. Jeff,I knew you had problems on the way home but holy cow that PONTIAC ran with a broken crank? :eek: HRP

loudbang likes this.
  10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, she let go about the Ridgeville exit about 20 miles from home. The torque converter was spinning nice and true, but the blower pulley was wobbling all over the place. Dead give away of a two piece crank. She knocked like hell but still ran OK, I even stopped at the grocery store on the way home.

Threw another crank in her and she is still running to this day.

-Abone.

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I'll try again and if everyone else breaks I have a shot. After talking up my car running a 12 last year then it way under performing I did just drive it 200 miles there with my bicycle rack on the back, run a 12.88 @111 at the Meltdown Drags yesterday on the Coker bias plies. And drive it back home. I don't know what it is about MOKAN but I always seem to run slower there. Regardless I'll drive the 400+ miles there and be the Yah-Hoos wipping boy again

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  12. I can't say that it is a slow track because I won't bad mouth a track, especially one that rolls out the welcome mat for a bunch of Yay-Hoos like us. But it is a hard track to beat. There is an upside to that, Yay-Hoos that we are, we love a challenge.

So the real question becomes who is up to the challenge? :D :D :D

loudbang likes this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Got my money on an Omaha guy taking it this year, but which one will it be? IMG_8184.jpg ~ @travisfromkansas photo ~

14. I think we will have to con the guys in the staging lanes into letting @flamedabone and @Malcolm hook up. A race worth seeing and I'll bet I could sweet talk someone into letting a gas coupe run a gas roadster.

15. You are an ol' sweet talker!

loudbang likes this.
  16. raven

raven

I will officially not be trying this year. The last two years I broke the roadster and my bank. I will be back next year with a new and improved version that should cause some weak knees and heart palpitations for my foes...
    But I'll be helping Beaner out at the Yahoo Tent, so stop by, get a drink, and say hi.
    r

loudbang, MO_JUNK and cactus1 like this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sweet talker lol. I've seen Beaner's talking described in many ways but I think your the first to call it sweet

loudbang, Sancho and Russco like this.
  18. Hell I think even the Boss has mentioned that I am rude, crude, and socially unacceptable at one time or another. But I do have a nice grin. How on earth could anyone really hate the Cheshire cat.

[​IMG]

By the way I really appreciate the Raven's help (@raven ), I would rather see him racing but sometimes you just have to take a break and do the mundane. I think he'll be hitting the strip with enough motor to scare the devil next year.

Chavezk21, loudbang and Sancho like this.
  19. Lets bump this. Maybe a roll call we would like to break 25 this year. I can't make that happen I am just the custodian of the cup, only you can do that.

triman62, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  20. raven

raven

that's the plan...
    r

loudbang likes this.
  21. what is the date. I have had this on my bucket list. I think it would be a good drag week warm up for us.

22. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

it's August 19th

loudbang likes this.
  23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Pre party at the host hotel the night before. I think the main hotel is full but I got a room a few days ago at the one next door. It's listed on the hamb drags web site, there are 3 or 4 hotels in the same parking lot and most are giving a hamb drags rate so it's not a big deal if your down a hotel or two

loudbang likes this.
  24. LOL is for me, my walkers just don't do the job they once did. LOL

We need to get golfcarts to haul people back and forth.

Here ya go bud

http://hambdrags.com/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

We can probably find a little red wagon to pull you around in?

Shit by nightfall that might be your safest bet as long as we tie your arms to your sides lol

loudbang and raven like this.
  26. raven

raven

I've got a little red wagon...
    r

loudbang likes this.
  27. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you clip the starter box on the burnout just recently at Byron? I thought I heard that, but I was hoping it was just a flashback from the last deal.

Hope you get it stuck back together, that car is a bad mofo.

I'll save you a beer at the HAMB Drags.

-Abone.

loudbang likes this.
  28. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Oh shit, I didn't realize that was him. That was a fairly hard shot.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Roadsir

Roadsir

.....I'll be back with the 40 this year. I'm changing gears 3:36 to 3:73, new cheater slicks, scattershield, an electric fan, but I don't think I'll have the fastest contender. @Russco we may have to match up again.

loudbang likes this.
  30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah he had what amounts to a barrel valve fallure and smushed the front right. He's already got the wheels in motion to have it back together though :)

loudbang likes this.