Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2017 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 6, 2016.

1. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Meltdown 2017 was made extra special by a handful of firsts for me. First time I've ever been down the track in a dragster, first time running Byron and at night, first time this car has been down the track in decades and first run on the new engine. I should get some flack about running 18.00@46 in a 9 second car but I'm looking at it this way, I got to watch all 8 candles burning for a full 15 seconds and it was awesome. Thanks Meltdown crew for the memories and for the effort put into the greatest vintage meet on the planet !! DSC_0314.JPG DSC_0318.JPG

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Jim it was great to have a chance to chat again this year.
    Arron and Wyatt were doing me prod with the short block I sent them home with. Sorry about the rain water on Sunday.
    I better keep working on my car because Wyatt is knockin on my door now. It was fun givin some tune up help and gettin the free beer.

3. pnevells

pnevells

4. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Some shots from Friday and Saturday
    DSC_0248.JPG DSC_0293.JPG DSC_0268.JPG DSC_0285.JPG DSC_0251.JPG DSC_0339.JPG DSC_0281.JPG DSC_0352.JPG DSC_0356.JPG DSC_0359.JPG DSC_0321.JPG

loudbang, 30dodgeboy and saltflats like this.
  5. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

DSC_0354.JPG DSC_0330.JPG DSC_0327.JPG DSC_0344.JPG DSC_0323.JPG DSC_0332.JPG DSC_0386.JPG DSC_0270.JPG DSC_0256.JPG DSC_0379.JPG ....and a few more...

6. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

7. D-man313

D-man313

Was it me you were about to watch run? We made a nice easy pass to put on a good show. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

10. D-man313

D-man313

I cannot say thank you enough to everyone who puts on the meltdown drags event. Our 1st year attending and we will be back.

Enloe it was great hanging out with you guys again, tell darrin thanks again! You let that boy of yours join the H.A.M.B. If he hasn't already since he's been home. There's plenty of guys here to look after him.

Squirrel it was great seeing you again, now I understand why you travel so far for such a great event. We'll see you at Cordova in September.

Racer x sorry to see your luck. We stopped by the trailer on Friday, but you weren't around. Sorry we missed talking with you. Sounds like you're already quick on the rebuild. We'll see you also at Cordova.

Here's some pics of mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

It was a blast I can't wait till we do it again.

12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Also wanted to give a big thanks to the guy at the end of the track with the yellow 4 wheeler. He gave me a tow back to where I was parked. Very nice guy, was wondering for a couple minutes what I was going to do because I drove the car to the track.

13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. jimdillon

jimdillon

Deuced up, it was good meeting you and sorry for leaving you out of my earlier comment on the Missouri bunch. I pitted for a few years with James or Jackson or David so no offense intended. You have come along way with your car. It looked great and really hooked up on the track. Good memories for sure which is what the Meltdown is for me anyways-both old memories of the 60s and new memories of recreating old memories-if that makes sense.

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Giving Wyatt some tune up help.
    I think he was happy.

17. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

We had a great time. Pit next to tickety and had a blast. Good to meet dub and gammz. A match race would have been fun. Salty I came by your pit several times but I think you were busy helping other people. Nice to talk to the panneton boys for a few. Cool to see all the cars I've been watching on the hamb. First time the falcon had ever been down the track. Had no idea what to expect. Left good. Ran straight as a string. No issues. 12.44 107.7. No tuning. I think it's definitely got more. And now the countdown starts again!!

Attached Files:

Swamp Rat 4, pnevells, SLCK64 and 3 others like this.
  18. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Dude that was awesome!

saltflats and DubG like this.
  19. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gammz....Did you boys get a little wet early Sunday morning?

Gammz likes this.
  20. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

We all stayed dry in the tents. However the race car suffered some water logging in the fuel cell. Lesson learned. Get it under one of the two easy ups we have. Took home a good amount of knowledge this past weekend.

21. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We came out of the hotel Sunday morning and saw all the puddles. Then a few minutes later at the gas station two locals were talking. One says he got 2.5" of rain in 15 minutes plus hail. I looked at Dad and said holy cow I bet you guys took a hit at the track! It was great to meet you and Wyatt...congrats on the success you guys had this weekend! It was fun to watch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I was in a tent and was awake when the rain started but I never saw any hail..

Gammz likes this.
  23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Jeff and AJ the reaction when you seen my car rollin in.........priceless.

24. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Does anyone have a video, or at least a picture of Randy Jackson's 'medusa' dragster wheel stand?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. squirrel

squirrel

Still on the road. Almost to Arizona. Listening to the Meltdown CD. Good stuff.

26. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

Had a blast, wish I could have had my car there, but I did a lot of meeting and talking to new friends. My new helmet went 8.89 @ 150 mph. My helmet went faster then I'll ever go.

27. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I don't have a pic but I have this lol come ride along on a wheelie

Chrome don't get ya home

Stogy, Hooley, 30dodgeboy and 9 others like this.
  28. ...my buddies and I who ran the swapmeet would like to thank all the swappers who brought out the neat stuff to sell,...and we really appreciate the "thank you's" that a lot of you gave us before you left for home,...the swap was real orderly ,...we had a time fitting you all in on Saturday,...hope we get more room next year,...the swappers helped more than a few racers again this year.

30dodgeboy, cs39ford, enloe and 2 others like this.
  29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Great job Jackson!!!!!

30. Swamp Rat 4

Swamp Rat 4

Wrenchbender, Your Dragster is Awesome to watch!!!
    I was gunna stop by Your pit and talk to Ya, But You looked busy so I didn't bother Ya.
    Maybe Next Year.