Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage FRESNO-AREA MEET UP PLANNED FOR 7/15

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by soddruntlestuntle, Jul 5, 2017.

1. If there are any Fresno-area folks out there in the blogosphere, an informal meet-and-greet will take place on the morning of Saturday, July 15th at 8am in the parking lot at the southeast corner of Herndon and Cedar in between the Union Bank and BJ's Kountry Kitchen. And because I'm not above a bit of bribery, I'll even bring donuts if we can get a few firm commitments. Come on out and get your Sugar Rush!

2. Seriously. DONUTS.

[​IMG]

Hey, is this thing on?

3. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

I may show up on the motorcycle. It's hard to say. My mom is in hospice and I've been with her every day. I don't expect her to survive the week.

Also the Fresno Sheriff's Air Squadron is expecting us at a dinner that evening.

I may not make it to that either.

4. Muttley

Muttley

It's not looking like anyone want's to come out and play.

5. C'mon guys! All the Cool Kids are doin' it.

6. Muttley

Muttley

What do you think, should we just forget about it? It doesn't look like anyone is going to bother showing up.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe some of the people in the area can give some support in one form or another

8. I suppose so. Maybe try again in two weeks?

BTW, anyone going to either the Clovis Parking in the Park or Midnight Madness car shows Saturday afternoon?

9. Muttley

Muttley

Two weeks sounds good. I didn't do anything Saturday afternoon, it was way too hot to go outside.

10. You're lucky, I was doing yard work. One of the drawbacks of NOT being a Morning Person.

11. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Well my mom chose the hottest week of the year to die and I missed everything which happened that week including the sheriff's dinner.

My mom passed on peacefully the 12th of July at the age of 87, and I have been busy moving all her furniture and possessions and arranging for the funeral.

She's going to be laid to rest in the old Academy Cemetery east of Clovis, Thursday July 20th, at 10 a.m.

Meanwhile, I haven't touched my cars, my boat, the guns, the motorcycle or the skateboards in weeks. I'm trying to stay out of the Heat a little bit today.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to you, and all of the Family

13. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Thank you.
    I'm afraid I took it far harder than I expected to. There's really no good way to prepare yourself for such a thing.

14. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

I can't afford to pay other people to work on my cars but I hire out the yard work. Hell, I mowed my mom's lawn until I was 45 years old and finally convinced her that she could get someone else to do it.