Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2017 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 6, 2016.

1. pnevells

pnevells

Still decompressing from the most sensory overload I have ever had, . Huge thanks to the Koops and the Meltdown staff for getting it! This is what Vintage racing is all about, The most friendly helpful staff, reasonable prices, met so many online friends for the first ime, just plain fun. Our car ran great, We matched up with fellow Hamber from Manitoba Canada in his T bucket twice. , We got invited to Saturday night and had a fun match with great little injected bantam altered, I don't even know where to start to tell my friends about this event. We are hooked , Three basic rules, Be Safe, Have Fun , No F**N Whining, I and I heard almost none. Well done guys meltdown3.jpg meltdown2.jpg meltdown 1.jpg

2. A quick up date on my mess. The car is damaged for sure. The axle; wheel; hair pin; and zoomie are junk. The frame is straight and the body doesnt have a scratch. Go pros caught the event. Go to my rebuilding after the crash site or bang shift to see the video. The spool pushed out of the barrel valve causing the engine to go lean. The fuel is spraying on the car when it should be going in the engine. With the spool no longer were it should be the linkage is bound up. The video shows my foot first pulling on the toe loop then completely off the pedal. The pedal doesnt return. Also look at my body on impact. Im belted in tight and dont move. My head is restrained with the necks gen restraint. This is why safety is important. I walked away.
    If you are one of the guys i spoke to about standing outside your running super charged car winging the gas with no one inside these are the kinds of things that can happen with stuck throttles. Good thing that it didn't happen to you someone would have been killed by a run away car in the crowded pits. We should be able to make the road kill nights in detroit three weeks from now.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    stanlow69, Avgas, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  3. Church Key

Church Key

IMG_6370.JPG I just love where this is going...

catdad49, loudbang, Skai High and 3 others like this.
  4. Church Key

Church Key

5. Church Key

Church Key

6. Church Key

Church Key

7. Church Key

Church Key

8. Church Key

Church Key

These guys got the full 1964 experience. Towed out their vintage dragster with a Ford station wagon and open trailer from Colorado. IMG_6368.JPG

9. Church Key

Church Key

10. Church Key

Church Key

11. Church Key

Church Key

12. Church Key

Church Key

13. Church Key

Church Key

14. Church Key

Church Key

15. Church Key

Church Key

16. Church Key

Church Key

17. Church Key

Church Key

18. Church Key

Church Key

19. Church Key

Church Key

IMG_6306.JPG Rocky made the long tow from California.

20. Church Key

Church Key

IMG_6300.JPG More vintage altereds...

catdad49, loudbang, Skai High and 3 others like this.
  21. Church Key

Church Key

22. Church Key

Church Key

23. Church Key

Church Key

24. Church Key

Church Key

25. Church Key

Church Key

26. Church Key

Church Key

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

WOW!!!!!
    If this is not the best event ever I'll kiss your ass.
    Hat's off to the Meltdown crew......You have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
    Thank's you for the opportunity to be part of the show.
    20170717_165841.jpg

28. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I just got home and thinkin to myself I better get my crap ready for next year oh wait is it next year yet cause I'm ready to do it again all I can say if this is what it was like in 1966 and from what I hear it was according to a bunch of people who was there in that time I am not sure I would know what to do with myself Meltdown crew thanks for putting on the worlds greatest vintage drag race you guys run a top notch event you may not think so but everyone else does and that's what's Important as Mike balina says it's all about the show and you guys know how to do that. Jeff sorry you got stood up at the altar lmao I'm sure there is a good reason lol Scott hope you are good my friend I will say this even though you will get a bunch of crap for not making the trip it's all in good fun and we will help anyway we can
    AJ all I'm gonna say right now you better beware my friend lmao

One more thing thanks to the meltdown crew for selecting my car to run in the inaugural "uncle sams pie eating contest" that was awesome and I can't wait till next June cause I will be there

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Chucky, loudbang, Swamp Rat 4 and 4 others like this.
  29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Jackson....glad your car car was on good behavior this weekend and I didn't brake mine.
    Sure is more fun when things go as planned.
    Oh and Bob you better get to work now.....you got some catching up to do now and it was a pleasure puttin you on the trailer.
    20170716_115810.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Chucky, loudbang, Skai High and 5 others like this.
  30. jimdillon

jimdillon

As usual the Meltdown crew did an outstanding job and the Byron crew did as well. The Missouri contingent did an outstanding job of entertaining the fans. Saltflats car really looked the part and ran really well. Jackson in Medusa was certainly a bunch of fun to watch. I hope someone got a good picture of the impressive wheelie. Jackson did a great job of bringing it back down under power and still ran in the 12s. Great stuff even though it brought the Byron crew out to remind Jackson to update his helmet. David Tanner in the Outhouse Mouse 32 Chevy pulled a couple of great wheelies and ran big numbers without missing a beat.

Wyatt was equally impressive in his updated Ranchero. Too much to list but as usual a great Meltdown. Can't wait for next year.

loudbang and saltflats like this.