Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. rudestude

rudestude

Here is a Odd Rod I did years back, it's in for some needed repairs, auger's for the spreader and possibly a engine swap thinking the twice blown hemi with some exhaust stack's up the back of the cab....this one started out as the old patty wagon kit hand built the spreader .... actually this build gave me my first ever Google search...... I googled vintage farm shit spreader's to get some ideas on what they looked like.....[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. froghawk

froghawk

Damn, Stude, this is brilliant!

rc57 and rudestude like this.
  4. froghawk

froghawk

I've managed to get some work done on my '58 Fairlane 500 custom over the past few weeks. Taillights fitted and the decklid panel lines scribed. The missing rear license plate housing carved out and a set of tailpipe extensions. Also replaced the horrible kit headlights with some scratched reflectors cut from 5mm "googly eyes" and lenses from the "new tool" '58 Edsel kit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. rudestude

rudestude

Wow...froghawk your 500 is very cool... I especially like your front end treatment I had a 57 Chrysler Windsor wagon that cruised years ago I always like the look of the front ends.......great job...

6. 20170712_215130.jpg
    Round two.
    Major paint fail.
    Stripped and repainted the A100.
    More updates on Sunday.

7. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg Good Sunday morning to ya all. 32, 1/8 scale.

8. 20170716_135241-1.jpg
    20170716_135253(0)-1.jpg
    20170716_135524-1.jpg
    20170716_135201.jpg 20170716_135403.jpg
    'Lil Red Wagon A100
    Side vent frame scribed in.
    Door hinge covers made.
    Grill surround made.
    Smaller headlights installed.
    Wire frame made for windshield opening.
    Spare tire relocated.
    Moulded in the backup lights housing.
    That is all...carry on

9. although I lost a lot of my early teen builds to the kids who got into my storage shed out back a few years ago - I was able to dig some out of the trash cans when they threw them out in the trash bags - you know the box's stick out - the parents wouldn't admit even thought they were caught dead to rights....thanks feel better.....here's what survived the fire in April IMG_4426.JPG - the boxes on the back wall - the shelve on the right was already set up.....

10. here's some I saved at an estate sales - the Buick runs the two four set up...the 65 Dodge was set up as a little alter wheelbase with an injected hemi....not sure about the little white car - maybe a early Cougar type promo ? the little shoe box was a cool build - the Charger with the roof of was a promo Hemi car....what's in front is an A I built that I need to put together - built the Willy's winged express - I need to put it back together...and a AMX I know I painted but not sure what happen to the rest of it - think it was a funny car model....note to self...take better pictures......and more on topic builds..... IMG_4427.JPG IMG_4428.JPG

11. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Spex84

Spex84
    from Canada

James, nice paint on that A100, it's lookin' good!
    RudeStude, that chopped-up '36 is downright inspired! Wow! I recently butchered a '37 sedan into something vaguely like that, but I can see I didn't push the envelope far enough. Too cool. I hope to see more of it!

13. rudestude

rudestude

Well thanks for the interest in my "chopped up 36" project.... here's a sneak peek on what's going on with it.. I will see if I can get something done on the engine and get a picture posted before Sundays end.... I had a v-12 for it but.... anyway the new one is a Ardun headed v-16???? will see.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Here some pictures for this year's GSRA (German Street Rod Association) model car show at the GSRA Nats in Weilburg/Germany

Attached Files:

15. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Stillrunners, these old toys are kool. Some models you clean up, others you just leave alone. I hope you don't mind me using your
    photo. So, I'll take the Riviera, the '49 Ford, the Chaparral...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  16. gonzos772.jpg gonzos774.jpg model a speedster.jpg gonzos769.jpg Here's an old build from a few years ago.
    Model A Speedster, on I think, the Dodge chassis from the Beverley Hillbillys kit.

17. rudestude

rudestude

Your right on that 85 .... here's a couple that I have left alone for 40+ years they have that "patina" look......[​IMG]
    The blue one was even painted with a brush...of course I was 10 or 12 when I built it.....[​IMG]

18. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg Good Sunday morning to all. A 60's build.

19. rudestude

rudestude

I just have to ask....quick85 are you and stillrunners the same? or do you just happened to have the same models? just saying....

20. 20170721_065517.jpg 20170723_105246.jpg
    Fred Cady scallops going on the Dodge A100 today!

21. 20170722_131316.jpg 20170722_130901.jpg
    Calling all Styrene Historians !!!
    . . . . . . . .
    Bought a small bag of suitcases at a show and this 'lil gem was inside.
    I've added a handle and hinges/straps to it.
    BMF the tools reliefs and painted it flat green to simulate felt.
    Wet toothpick cleaned the paint off the tools. Black wash added after that. The quarter is for scale.
    Any info is appreciated.

22. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I'm sorry if it looks like I stole Stillrunners' photo. I just wanted to use it to illustrate my point
    without reprinting his entire post. I didn't make it clear that those were his "miniatures" and
    that's on me. Apologies to Stillrunners and the rest of the posters here.

Rudestude, you really illustrated my point with those two vintage builds.
    My parents did me no favors by cleaning out my room for me as a kid.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    rodncustomdreams and rudestude like this.
  23. rudestude

rudestude

No problem here 85 I was just curious ....and them old builds are the only ones that I have left from my early years.....my brother and I shared a bed room growing up and my dad built us shelves to display are models on well we used to settle are disputes by blasting each others models with BB guns and them two little Roadster's are all that survives...and I still have the BB gun also........

fuzzybear and kiwijeff like this.
  24. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

I just finished this 1/24 scale rc micro crawler truck yesterday. 20170723_111632.jpg 20170723_111814.jpg

25. A W.I.P. of mine. Just needs assembly.
    [​IMG]

26. rudestude

rudestude

Found these in a box of stuff a while back....the Road Agent seems to have all its parts the other one I don't recall seeing this one before it appears to be a boat motor powered coffin lid ? Maybe something from the Munster's ? Don't know if it's all there....any one have any ideas.....???[​IMG][​IMG]

27. That's the "surf slab" off the dragula kit.

28. Rest In Peace, Dave Stuckey.
    The Lil Coffin was and is still one of my favourite kits.

29. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg Good Sunday to ya all. Back from a cool show White Wall-Rama in N.Y. Re-building my diorama.