Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 39/40 Ford width with/at the running boards - for trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Need to get the total width - going to look at a car about 4 hrs away - was going to rent a U-Haul when/if I bought it...their newer trailer is about 72" and the older car transport is 68"...thanks guys...

2. Be sure to tell the u-haul guys your hauling a Corolla or something like that which they can understand. Heard tell, that if the car isn't on their chart (like a '40 won't be); they won't rent the trailer for liability reasons.

3. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

65 ish. The fenders actually stick out more than that.

4. thanks boths of youse guys.....going to look at a 39 sedan tomorrow....got some wide five rollers in the pick up ready....really need to grease the bearings and maybe yes some tires on my trailer....so yes will say I'll say an S-10 or something like that....great on the fenders....think I was going by the width at the U-Haul fenders...

5. ems customer service

ems customer service

same with the tow vechile, u-haul has there own specs for what car truck u can use as a tow vechile

6. thanks guys....dry run on the 39 Deluxe sedan - it was close to Houston, Tx and most likely came from the coast closer to Corpus Christi - pictures looked good - never seen a 39 grille with the bottom 2 inches rusted off....a quarter size rust hole in the dash....the drip rails - were rusted off with just a little of both of them hanging on....the flattie was locked up....lot's of rust on top of that...from the salt air....passed on it.....