Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ralph Ehorn's 1954 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Ralph Ehorn's 1954 Ford Pickup

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

3. sololobo

sololobo

I do remember this truck from its R. & C. feature, what a knockout! Thanx for the memory lane, I am also obsessed with trucks at this stage of our sport. I get the cozy feel of a coupe in my cozy personal cab.

4. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

I love the truck, but that Exhaust just kills it for me. Not my cup of tea, everything else is very nice.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That front end definitely makes the "look". I'm surprised the '55 grill isn't used more on this year truck.

6. My friend logan was over for a 4th of July BBQ at my place last night, he drove his cool 55. Kind of a beater, but has great stance with a dropped axle and is just a good little hauler

IMG_5609.JPG IMG_5600.JPG IMG_5601.JPG

7. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

IMG_2446.JPG IMG_2444.JPG I was searching for a cleaner image of the '59 cover...Ok, I'll admit it, not for a better look at the TRUCK but for a clearer look at Charming Roberta Calame! I ran across this 1960 cover. Same truck gone quad just one year later? Also, oh no! Are roadsters "doomed to extinction"?

Lazy A and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hahahaha...

Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  9. Those Belly Burners were very popular, at the time

10. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

[​IMG]
    A buddy of mine did this treatment to his '53 a couple years ago. It has since been retired for the stock grille and headlights.

11. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Not only is the same truck, but it lives on according to this. http://rods-classics.com/content/1954-ford-f-100-kustom-show-truck

wheeler.t likes this.
  12. VonWegener

VonWegener

Charming Roberta must have been the girl friend or a relative of somebody in the editorial or photography department of Petersen Publishing. She appears in other Petersen magazines in road tests of sedans and sports cars always looking lovely.

13. I've been on the lookout for another truck for several years also. Love F-100s but the buick headlights and chevy grille look like shit to me..kinda looks like a 57 IHC ....but you're right...the body is laser straight!
    With 2 young grand-boys I'd have to dump the belly burners....
    My last F-100. I subframed it at my house, built a 301 SBC with Lincoln rear and 350 turbo. Shoulda kept it. The new owner painted it red.
    53truckred.jpg

14. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

She sure had great style!

15. guy1unico

guy1unico

For sale in the classified section...a real correct 54 classic
    20150308_161149.jpg

VonWegener likes this.
  16. Torchie

Torchie

I remember seeing that ad on e-bay I believe.
    For some reason it seems that custom truck have a pretty good survival rate. Gil Ayala's shop truck is still around. (See the great article Rik did on it on the CCC site). Gene Winfields shop truck was found and restored. Ed Roth's truck was found and restored. Chuck Porters truck has been restored. The Jack Rushton 41 Ford custom truck is still around as well. Trucks when done right can be very cool customs. :)
    Torchie

17. brady1929

brady1929

18. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

The bed pipes work - it fits the era, and look pretty cool - they also sound good, had some on my own 55 Effie about 16 years back. To each our own, right? :)