Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What's your plans for the 4th of July?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 28, 2017.

1. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

I'll be there as usual, with many members of our car club, the Over the Hill Gang - San Bernardino. Its always a great time, last year they had about 350 cars show up.

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. No Problem Ron.I proudly fly mine every day!!Bruce.

3. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Alto sax.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of last 4th. of July. HRP

upload_2017-6-29_13-11-55.jpeg

Bruce Fischer, 3W JOHN and ladyhrp like this.
  5. Annual Hilo bay car show then stay at the park for fire works .

6. We'll take him for a ride in the Hot Rod to make sure he gets started on the right road! ;)

Dick Stevens and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

headin west to pick up my new toy, then back home by the 4th to start the cleanup and restarting of a garage kept old car ! cant wait

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. rjones35

rjones35

I was thinking about heading to Des Moines for Goodguys. Never been, and its only a few hours away.

9. Gonna wander around heavy rebel saturday, then take the family for a week of relaxing in gatlingburg TN.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Just a little something to remember."If you want to live to see the 6th,don`t buy a 5th on the 4th".
    I`m going to stay home.Away from the damn fools and drunks.And have a cold beer in honor of my Mom who was born on the Fourth of July 1906.Miss ya Mom.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

11. Sitting on my front porch with my wife and friends with a cold one!
    FRIDAY 8 8 2014 016.JPG

The37Kid, i.rant, dana barlow and 3 others like this.
  12. I will be back to work on the fourth-but Saturday is the first of July(Canada Day) and the 150th anniversary of the Confederation of Canada-So a unique year in which both neighboring Countries get to celebrate the 'birth' of our respective Independent Nations together. North of the border is a holiday Monday for many. So I will likely stay close to home,do some yard work, and hopefully a little garage time. Mostly though I will reflect on the great freedoms and opportunities we enjoy here in North America-Americans and Canadians alike.
    I feel very Blessed that I was born on this continent and am able to travel freely between our great Countries,enjoying the company and companionship of my brothers and sisters North and South.
    Thanks to all of the service men and women on both sides of the 49th parallel who have given service and those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can continue to enjoy 'Freedom'

studebaker46 and Dick Stevens like this.
  13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

During the day I don't know yet but evening we will visit an old friend that gets into fireworks real heavy, big stuff..Can be exciting as he almost lit his house up last year..People from all around show up with lawn chairs to watch from the side streets..This year I am bringing him a welding blanket to cover the stuff thats not supposed to get lit!!

wraymen and Bruce Fischer like this.
  14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Since our neighborhood literally turns into a war zone, with all the rockets and explosions, we have to keep a close eye on our FOUR Chihuahua's. They used to not be bothered by it all, but the last 3 or 4 years, they panic, try to hide, and stick close to us as much as possible. Does't seem to phase the Siberian Husky however. Last year was the first year for a fireworks ban within city limits, not that anyone seems to pay it any attention. They have been cracking down on the local Indian Reservation, at least on people leaving the "Boom City" fireworks stands area on the Res (Tulalip Indian Reservation). Each year, the fireworks stands area gets a little smaller, and the "big stuff" is't available. The more local stands are all "family friendly". I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

15. southcross2631

southcross2631

Get a 57 shorty wagon ready for paint. Since my wife has to work all day.

16. studebaker46

studebaker46

during the day I am going yo chill. at midnight I show up in Columbia mo for the mid Missouri honor flight to D.C. feeling very honored to have been invited Tom

Marty S1, Phillips and Bruce Fischer like this.
  17. A Burly you do know that Gatlinburg T N has the 1st 4th of july pradade in the country. It starts at midnight On the 4 th of July. Just sayin.Expect crowds buddy.Bruce.

18. Ct1932ford.Sunny Girl says HI! Bruce. 004 (2).JPG

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  19. We go every year, Its a crowd but lots of fun. My daughter loves it so we take her at the 4th and always to shades of the past.

20. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Happy Independence Day week end to all!
    This is the first Independence Day week end in a long time,with only going to be two local car shows going on,vs there are 4 shows most years near by that I go too,has to do with timing of weekend more then anything an as always the weather. Miami Springs show on this 3/monday pm is always a good one,right in the very center of town IMG_6230.JPG

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rearrange the stuff out in the driveway, (it's called project shuffling) That keeps the drive by lookeloo brigade guessing as to what is going on. In the process load up some scrap tin on the flatbed to haul and drop off at a freinds's wrecking yard next Friday. Too much to have sitting around and not enough to be worth the 20 bucks worth of gas to haul it up and sell it.
    Then fire up the fire pit my son built me for father's day, pop the top on a cold one and watch the fireworks from the yard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That son of mine is pretty creative.

Thinking on it for a minute, there is a 4th of July car show about 30 miles down the road from me that is pretty laid back and usually has a few Hambers show up that I might run down to if I get everything done up before then.

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. I gotta work today, Monday and next Wed and Thurs. My RFA procedure may have done some good, less pain is good. I'll be on the beach tomorrow or Sunday, on the 4th for sure. Have a cruise night tonight that should be packed, may do some minor work on the Ford on a cool morning.

23. Elsa and Scout said to say hi to Sunny Girl!:cool:
    PUPS 002.JPG

24. Glad to hear the .Just wanted to give you a heads up.Have a GREAT time. Bruce.

25. 004.JPG
    ct1932ford.Boy are dogs could be twins.LOL.Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. She does look like my Scout!
    IMG_9922.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. ct1932ford likes this.
  28. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

29. I know hu? Golden Retrivers make the best pets. All mine have been rescue pets too.Bruce.

ct1932ford and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope yours doesn't dig as much as Ginger did years ago. The neighbor swore she measured off the holes and marked them out before she dug them. Great dog, great bird dog but boy did she dig.

ct1932ford and Bruce Fischer like this.