Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What's your plans for the 4th of July?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 28, 2017.

1. There are a couple of swap meets this weekend,Brads NE Georgia on Saturday and the MAAC's 50th. swap meet in Fletcher.N.C. june 30 -1st.

Several cruse ins withing 20 miles and a couple of big fireworks/car shows locally.

What's your plans? HRP

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    3W JOHN, ladyhrp and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. My plans are thus, work,work,work,eat lunch, work some more and then go home.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3W JOHN, ladyhrp, allwilly and 2 others like this.
  3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My plans are to work on the stuff I need to get done around the place so that I may be able to get out in the garage to work(play) on my project!

4. Danny,at my age I just want to stay off the damn highways...So its stay home for me

5. Recovery from Sinus Canal Surgery on the 3rd :eek:

6. What a bunch of downers! I'd like to sneak over to DesMoines for the Goodguys show. And I'd like to get some more wiring done on my coupe. Oh, and I'll prolly watch the annual fireworks show here.
    If you ask my wife what "we'll" be doing, I'll bet none of those things are on her list.

LOU WELLS, 3W JOHN, ladyhrp and 6 others like this.
  7. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going to work on the roadster project, hopefully get it fired up, and do up some ribs on the BBQ!

8. flatford39

flatford39

Going to pick my modified A radiator up from my radiator shop guy on Friday. I need to pull the 8BA out and move my mounts back in the A frame and then reinstall the motor. Then I need to install the modified radiator and see if I now have enough fan clearance. If I do than it's on to measuring and cutting my torque tube. Project is a a 31 Ford roadster with an 8BA going in the original A frame.

3W JOHN, ladyhrp, panicmike and 2 others like this.
  9. Headed to Heavy Rebel Weekender in Winston-Salem.

10. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. robracer1

robracer1

Car show Dahlonega GA. looks like fun.

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. badvolvo

badvolvo

Start building my new 36' x 45' shop, and take time out to cruise the back roads in our 36, burn some rubber in the 59.

13. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Help my dad put a clutch in his deuce roadster, BBQ, and cruise the coupe.

LOU WELLS, 3W JOHN, ladyhrp and 2 others like this.
  14. The same thing almost every year. A picnic and cookout at home with the family. Then we will go to the town's 4th of July{ fun day} at the park. They have a car show, 50's music, food, and ending with fireworks. Hope everyone has a great 4th! Ron...

15. Seap meet in Fletcher, NC on Friday then to Heavy Rebel Weekend in Winston Salem (if it doesn't rain)

16. Working on a project to install speakers in my '55. Hopefully I'll be done in time for our planned Hill Country drive to Marble Falls to visit family.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. Ugh... I need that done eventually. Having a RFA procedure for my back tomorrow, be back to work the next day. Plans for the 4th... hit the beach early as it will pack up fast. Get out before 1 and head for home... pool, nap, shower and find a party to crash. Otherwise sit home on the deck with whoever is around, tip a few cold ones and watch the local fireworks.

18. Snipe

Snipe

Celebrate my birthday.

LOU WELLS, bobss396, 3W JOHN and 5 others like this.
  19. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Saturday-Sunday-Monday will be dismantling days in the shop. On the 4th my town has the oldest and largest parade in the state. Lived here 34 years and never seen it.
    I will be cruising the back roads of Minnesota looking for automotive treasures.

20. Due to a change in scheduling I won't be having the second cataract surgery this Thursday so I won't be under house arrest.

I plan to attend the annual 4th of July Freedom Celebration/Car Show & Fireworks @ Mineral Spring Park and Town Square Shopping Center in Williamston,S.C. on the 1st.

On the 4th. we are having a family BBQ & early birthday party for my grandson that will be leaving for Florida to attend college. HRP

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and Bruce Fischer like this.
  21. 4speed411

4speed411

Spaying some Jeep Anvil colored paint on the Hot Rod

Attached Files:

22. A Boner

A Boner

Going to stop on the 3rd to get a 5th for the 4th.

23. Bob,avoiding the highways is good advice. HRP

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and Bruce Fischer like this.
  24. Gman0046

Gman0046

We're at our beach house in the Florida Pan Handle so no car activities planned. Beach and firework watching.

Gary

25. Fordors

Fordors

Put the flag out and then stay home and reflect on what a great country we used to have. Still the best there is, but it was better before greed took over.

FlyFisher, i.rant, 3W JOHN and 4 others like this.
  26. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Likely spend the day in the garage working on my Ford .Thinking some on having been retired two years today.

27. squirrel

squirrel

Drive my old truck up to Vegas. If I can get it running a bit cooler...220 here in Sierra Vista means I'll be in trouble in the hot stretches of the trip.

28. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Going to try to go to Asheville to the swap meet. Since i finally figured out how to go up through Greer and Hendersonville , the back way to avoid the interstate, I like this ride. The actual 4th, I'll be working.

29. Muttley

Muttley

I'm not really sure what that is but it sounds like slightly less than a rip-roaring good time.

30. Old glory is flying at my house every day of the year and this IS the greatest country,Freedom is whats is important. HRP

ct1932ford, 3W JOHN, ladyhrp and 5 others like this.