Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ... Meier Performance Engines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1927graham, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Anybody have dealings with engine builder Brett Meier from Iowa, I'm looking for a BBC for my next project.
    Thanking you in advance, Craig

2. Finally find your Fiat body, Craig ?? :) If soooo', fun fun !

loudbang and 1927graham like this.
  3. I like people from Iowa.

BUMP!

1927graham likes this.
  4. oj

oj

Dunno about the engine guy, seem the name, what're you putting together?

5. Good morning, recently bought back the street legal funny car I built in 1971, less engine and tranny, it's OT but an amazing story, being delivered in July!!
    3.jpg

6. OT street legal funny car, my old car from the early 70's.

7. RDE

RDE

Don't know about Meier but in my opinion and experience stay away from Blue Print.........I just happen to have a Blue Print 496 BBC sitting in my garage still in the crate. I will sell it cheap, the extended warranty has expired but it is still wrapped in plastic.

loudbang and 1927graham like this.
  8. oj

oj

This is going to require lots of pics!

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Why? Its OT?

1927graham likes this.
  10. Seen Blue Print advertised, what the story on them?

11. Any feedback on engine builder Brett Meier, Meier Performance Engines, Bondurant, Iowa?

12. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Possibly the worst , most honest sales pitch I have ever heard ! ;-)

13. Just did an extensive courthouse search (government site) on this builder, NOT RECOMMENDED, EVER!!

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting.

15. Paid $25 to the Iowa Court Judicial web site, researching the engine builder Meier, 2 pages of court appearances, 1 pages had 39 court dates, best money I ever spent!!

16. This does not sound good on Meier. How about Scott Shafiroff? He builds a hell of a good engine.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    BigPerm365 and 1927graham like this.
  17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'll say. Good for you that you researched him.

1927graham and mad mikey like this.
  18. Thanks Mike, I'll give him a try, got a couple of shops around the twin cities area to try, maybe tomorrow.

mad mikey likes this.
  19. oj

oj

Blueprint is Bill Mitchell. We used one of their 632's on a project, the engine didn't run right and I had permission to pull the heads from Blueprint. I found they used head bolts, not studs and the blind holes weren;t fully threaded into the deck. The result was that when the head bolt went down it ran into interference threads throwing the actual torque values off. We fixed the threads and reassembled the motor and Blueprint said they allowed 6hrs to pull both heads and replace gaskets. The owner had to sue Blueprint, he had purchased it thru Summit and threatened them thru his credit card company. It got ugly but they were syrupy sweet until then.

mad mikey and 1927graham like this.
  20. Thanks oj, I appreciate the reply, gonna start checking around locally, I just moved to Wisconsin 6 months ago so I'm new to the area.

21. I'm so happy you got an answer to your question, although I'm extremely disappointed in the response you didn't get from the HAMB. These days, there's too many posts about obscure B.S., that legit threads suffer. In my experience, 6 different engine builders will have 6 different answers to your questions. I don't envy your position. I will say that I would avoid Competition Engines in Eagan MN. I had them install screw-in studs in a set of heads once for me. When I brought the heads home, I just happened to lift them high up in the air and shake them (Devine intervention?) and 2-3 chunks of the remainder of the old press-in studs came rolling out of the water passage. Had I just installed them, I'm thinking it would have turned out bad (locking the water pump / overheating / ?). This is why I do nearly everything myself.

How about starting a new thread with a different title?

Like..."Looking for engine builder in WI, MN or IA? Any recommendations?"

Are you going to Back to the 50's?

millelacsrick and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. southcross2631

southcross2631

I just installed a 400 m from ATK and it looks good and runs great.

Chucky likes this.
  23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

mad mikey and oj like this.
  24. oj

oj

I was thinking Ross too. Tony builds very reliable engines, as beautiful as they are reliable and powerful.

mad mikey likes this.
  25. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Guys who do a lot of big blocks are rare as there is excessive demand for small blocks. I only know of one local big block builder and almost everything I've heard is bad.

26. southcross2631

southcross2631

Have been building and racing big blocks since 69. what do you need ? I have a very good machine shop that I use who races big block Chevys and does a lot of air boat stuff. I can help you with a good working combination without spending your life savings.
    How big a big block do you want ? How much horsepower ? Blower or not ? You never said what you wanted ,you just said big block.

mad mikey likes this.