Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do "NEW POSTS" Disappear?????????????????

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by The37Kid, Jun 18, 2017.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Why does this happen? I read a "NEW POST" that is 45 minutes old, and leave the HAMB to find info or photo to answer a question in the "NEW POST". I'll come back within 5 minutes or less, click on the "NEW POST" and the thread I want to reply to is GONE................................... Guess I need to write the title down and do a search, but is a pain to do research and not be able to post it quickly. Bob

2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Maybe the OP deleted it.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope not, he posts a lot of neat stuff and it ISN'T Dannyo_O Bob

pat59 likes this.
  4. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Remember what the post was about? I'll try to find it.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, A HAMB member finally bought a 1919 HUDSON he had been tracking for over 20 years, I have info on a HUDSON that Ran INDY, thought it would be interesting to share. I know his avatar when I see it just don't remember his name. Bob

6. It's hard to say without knowing a lot more details. Posts that are considered "off topic" about vehicles newer than the mid 1960s would be deleted by a moderator. Mods have a lot of power to delete or move posts. Sometimes the reason is self-explanatory but sometimes it's hard to phantom why. I've recently, personally discovered that a comment can be removed if a mod lacks a sense of humor if the object is one of his own sacred cows. It's not a big deal or typical, but yea, it can happen.

There's also a lot of activity here and new posts can quickly bump down to page 2 or even 3 in a pretty short time, even as short as 45 minutes. I use the time stamp showing the last activity to help me find posts from earlier in the day that I may wish to revisit .

Gary Reynolds and Wurger like this.
  7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Tim & Danny, used your link and posted my photo & info. Just as a test I clicked on "New Posts" and this one and the one in question aren't on my screen. Maybe I need to work on a project. Bob

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  10. I think that once you've read it , it is no longer a "new" post.

The37Kid likes this.
  11. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

^^^ What he said. I had the same problem 'til I figured it out. Once you read it and log out/leave forum, it won't be under new posts until someone else responds to it. If you go under general forum, you will probably find it.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks! Always something to learn. Bob

13. @The37Kid
    At the top of the new post page all the way to the right you will see "Recentposts" Click on that and you will see the thread on the list even if you have already viewed it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks! That is a really good feature to remember. Tried it and it works. Bob

15. I find a lot of times I remember the thread but the title eludes me. HRP

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Same here, also remember avatars but not the name under it. Bob