Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

my High School Club 1115161158.jpg

dana barlow and LOU WELLS like this.
  3. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

This is an interesting trend I've noticed a couple of the regular repop plaque sellers on eBay doing. They will take several pics of the front of the plaque, and none of the rear, then claim they can't tell if it an original or if it is a reproduction. MOST originals would have a makers mark of some sort, right? I mean unless it was a small foundry or shop class created plaque. There's a couple sellers too, that purposely "age" their repops to look old, and are not real clear on whether they are repops or not. To me, It just seems like crappy ways to try to sucker someone into thinking their buying an original. I guess it's a case of the old "Buyer Beware"!
    I'll try to post up some pics of the plaques in my collection. I have about 60. They are a mix of original and repops.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

You are so right. I've also noticed that one or two eBay sellers use the term "From an Estate Sale", but they sell the same plaques over and over. I've also seen plaques that have been modified with different city names or added racing associations and I consider all of them to be bogus. I've been working on a new page for my site with some examples, but have not made it public yet .....

5. I found this plaque 40 yrs ago at Nicks Motor Wreckers in Melbourne, Victoria.......they had purchased a long closed US speed shop and imported everything into Oz.......things like new finned alloy straight 8 heads, Cal Custom fake appletons in their boxes, etc, etc............and this car club plaque, its aluminium with no holes so it hadn't been attached to anything..........does anyone know anything about this club?........in Pat Ganahl's book " The American Custom Car" on page 18 there is a reference to a Throttle Stompers club with Neil Emory, Dean Batchelor & Bill Faris all being members.........is it possible that this plaque is from this club?...............any info would be gratefully received, apologies for the cropped pic also.............thanks, Andy Douglas

Attached Files:

6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

This one was sent to me for my site but I have no idea what the club's name is. Any chance someone from that area knows?

Does that "I" over the "O" (Zero?) mean something? .....

OniozedIgniters_Columbus.jpg

LOU WELLS and dana barlow like this.
  7. Blake 27

Blake 27

A old friend saw my 60s era club plaque at a local show, went home and returned with an original club jacket witch DSC03590 (2)-001.JPG he gave me! Needless to say I was really stoked,

chryslerfan55, HD DUDE and LOU WELLS like this.
  8. chopped f1

chopped f1
    from Australia

im Guessing Ionised Igniters ??

9. donno21

donno21

Bulletnose , You got one from the Charioteers from So NV? If not, let me know.

10. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

[QUOTE="donno21, post: 11801473, member: 260546"

]Bulletnose , You got one from the Charioteers from So NV? If not, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I actually have two versions of their plaque .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Are there more?

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Our club plaque, made by Obrien. 1480821619793.png

1480821709591.png
    And an old local club from Greenville, Tx I found years ago. No makers mark, looks about like it was made in shop class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

dana barlow and pecker head like this.
  12. ENUF 41

ENUF 41

13. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

It's been awhile since any new photos have been posted so I'm showing this one I just got from a HAMBer .....

[​IMG]
    I also noticed that some of the photos I've posted before now have the dreaded RED X but I don't know why.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Actually the one I posted above also shows as a red x on my computer. Has something on the HAMB changed?

Here is the photo I tried posting .....

KingsmenCC_Houston.jpg

Lets see if this works.

chryslerfan55, MUNCIE and dana barlow like this.
  15. I can see both of them.

16. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

As of today, I have over 9,000 different car club plaque photos on my site.

The URL is Car Club Plaques

Lone Star Mopar and dana barlow like this.
  17. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

When we formed our club in 1958, we ordered plaques from an outfit back east. Interesting enough, they still had the tooling and we reordered a dozen about 10 years ago. It appears that they went out of business four or five years ago and started dumping plaques (including San Diego Prowlers) at swap meets. I was able to pick up three Piston Pounders plaques at a GG meet in Scottsdale. MVC-010F.JPG

18. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Did you know there was also a club in Oceanside with the same name? .....

[​IMG]

19. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Wonder if that was Oceanside NY or California? The only Oceanside CA club I remember from that era was the Oilers (now famous for creating TROG).

20. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Who knows for sure? There could also be other places with that name.

I know the "new" Oilers are using that name but I don't think it's the same club. Aren't they based on the east coast? Maybe that's why you mentioned Oceanside, NY.

21. pecker head

pecker head

22. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Here's one I posted not too long ago on the Phoenix history thread.
    [​IMG]

23. rudestude

rudestude

Found this one a few year ago, my brother and I were cleaning out a old barn found some boxes of old car parts in one of the boxes there was some old Stewart Warner convexed face gauge's some performance flat head v-8 parts etc. this plaque was in the bottom all crusted and beat up I cleaned it up re painted it ,there was some red paint on it so I repainted it red , had fun polishing it up....Must of been a boob thing, always wondered if this was actually a real car club or not, or a gentlemen's club......??[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

You can probably guess the average ages of the members of my club!

Attached Files:

25. That one was made by Chicago Metal Craft and is one of the 8000 patterns I bought from the original pattern maker for CM. Have them in stock if you need another one to polish:)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. rudestude

rudestude

Thanks for the info on that also for the offer, I get cramps in my fingers polishing this one...... I also have one of the old classic Lone Wolf's a old hot rodder friend gave it to me around 40 years ago....Thanks 59 I will go on line and check out your stuff..[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. RedFlame8

RedFlame8

1956 Agitators Car Club plaque. At Fullerton HS (Calif) each graduating class started a car club. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A 55 year reunion 6 years ago of a few members.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. After a batch of these were made, I was given this Krankers Berdoo plaque. I'm a known Ron Aguirre - X Sonic, fan. Ron was the President of the Krankers, so I'm pretty glad to have it.
    19222986_10210150499063571_7997880709026935664_o.jpg

29. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Florida 08_029.JPG
    This was my brothers plaque from the mid 50's. Jim Florida 08_029.JPG

dana barlow likes this.