Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadsters Fathers Day Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake 27, Apr 2, 2017.

1. toml24

toml24

Irwindale Speedway is safe for 2017 at least. Ms. Toni Marie McCray won a Late Model Race 2-weeks ago and came within 0.018 seconds of winning a second Late Model race later in the evening. It will be a great Saturday evening after the Roadster Show.

2. guy1unico

guy1unico

Support the LARS like you would your favorite charity.
    If it disappears I guarantee there will not be another great hot rod show & swap like it.
    I'm coming from Dallas Tx...and hope it is always there for me.

3. bondolero

bondolero

Getting close to being the last one close to me now. Haven't been to an NSRA event in years so I can't speak to that. Goodguys has become an event for anybody with a car.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    The37Kid likes this.
  4. tofords

tofords

Another expert that doesn't know what he's talking about.

bondolero, Pewsplace and deucemac like this.
  5. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

A bunch of us drove out to the LARS last year in our hot rods and loved it!!
    I'm reliving each day of the trip, the tours, and the show in my mind each day... sure wish I could have repeated it this year!!
    Maybe another time, or not, but dang glad we did it last year. Priceless to me.
    20160619_153835-1 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1791 Group.JPG

6. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

I took advantage of the show to sell a few items before changing my street roadster into a Street Roadster.

Attached Files:

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. So True!
    5th year out for my Pops from VT with his buddies Steve & Steve from Indy, wouldn't miss it.
    I'll be flying unfortunately. :(
    Sign.JPG
    Bart and Steve.JPG

9. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

There sure is a lot of tv and radio advertising going on here in SoCal for the LARS this weekend. I intend to go early and leave early on Saturday. Don't like big crowds anymore in my old age. I stopped going to the GNRS because of the crowds.

10. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

I do my damnedest not to be a bitter old man and spend a lot time moaning about tradition and how about things used to be. Kids today don't know what it was like back then. Ya' know what? They don't know and they don't care. Yeah gas used to 29 cents a gallon and taking a roadster to the LA roadster show was free. That was then and this is now.

Tradition is mostly bullshit anyway, it don't pay the bills. Yeah I used to get into Knott's Berry Farm for free but that's gone now too. I'll be at the Roadster show, I might even bitch about how it used to be smaller, less people, beer was cheap, vendors were cheap, swap meet was cheap, and all the cheap China re-pop junk being hawked.

If you're not there because you feel tradition means you should get in for free so be it.

hotroddon, Dean Lowe and cretin like this.
  11. deucemac

deucemac

So Grumpy, are all the other dwarfs coming with you, or will you be there by yourself ?

12. exterminator

exterminator

LOL

The 39 guy likes this.
  13. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

I guess reading comprehension is not your forte. I'm not bitching about the $50 or tradition like the others. I'll be there with you Dopey.

14. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

AMEN Dean, I dropped my membership in the Goodguys 4 or 5 years ago, I just have a real hard time excepting the fact that an F350 Crew Cab with a 2 foot lift kit and chrome drive shaft or an '85 Crown Vic with 15 shades of Metal Flake and Gull Wing doors is a "Rod or Custom"!! It just ain't right, and while I'm at it, The Round Ups are just as bad. I've been to 8 Lonestar and 1 Bayou Round- Ups, $50 for you and your car, an extra $10 for your wife or girlfriend! Around here most of the events are $10 to $25 for you, your car and one other person, plus a lot of them throw in a t-shirt. Times are changing and I'm gett'n to Old to change with them I guess, Have a nice fucking Day!!!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Dean Lowe and Special Ed like this.
  15. I've changed my tune on the LARS. As info trickled out, it looks like things will be not much different, other than the $50 entry. A change for sure, but at least there will still be the best show on earth to attend. I paid my money, we'll see how it goes.

16. clem

clem

Enough comments,
    Where are the pictures.......? :(:(:(
    Or are we still a day ahead down here ?

3Deuce40 likes this.
  17. It technically doesn't Really start until Saturday - although there will be some folks there Friday (tomorrow), especially Swap Meet types.

18. clem

clem

Thanks hotroddon.
    So what about all the open houses that we hear about, when are they?
    I thought that they were in the days before.

19. uncle buck

uncle buck

You are correct, now let the pictures start coming. Open house or road trip pictures, we'll be happy to see em

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. There were a bunch today. Friday is So Cal Speed Shop and Bobby Walden's ice cream social.

21. I'm in the Swap Meet tomorrow at 9 AM, spot BBB5 selling some Deuce junk. I do like the new way of picking your spot in advance without having to camp out for 3 days and then charge through the gate like the Oklahoma Land Rush to stake a claim. The guys and gals at the swap sign-up were very nice so I've got a positive experience going so far. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

6-bangertim, HemiDeuce and The37Kid like this.
  22. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

Don, do you have any info for times for SoCal and Walden's?

23. If you want to park within 3 blocks of So Cal, you better get there at noon.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

So who gets to post the FIRST PHOTO? Swap meet vendor line is fine with me, hope to get back there in 2018. Have a good time! Bob

25. 40Vert

40Vert

Here are some photos from So-Cal Open House. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

26. 40Vert

40Vert

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

THANKS! Hope to be back next year. Bob

28. Sorry, just saw this. So Cal was noon. Walden's I think is 5:00

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. deucemac

deucemac

Well we are in! Left home at 11am for a 2 1/2 to 3hr drive. Unfortunately I did not know it was California freeway overloading and Caltrans lane closing/rerouting day all in one. Got to Fairplex at 3:53! Robot guard was not programmed to understand "cooperation". Good thing John Buck stopped by and said "there's no problem here, let him in" so we are parked where we need to be for the weekend and our hotel was ready for us. Really glad there are no carpool lane cameras on 10 between 15 and Fairplex!

6-bangertim and loudbang like this.
  30. I will post my photos when I get back to CT.