Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadsters Fathers Day Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake 27, Apr 2, 2017.

1. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Tom,
    Those are great local TV channels. Thanks... Before heading out of the local hotels, they give up to the minute traffic reports. But, for non access to TV channels situations, I have posted an alternate access to "checking out the traffic on the go" with phone sites.

Check out the (HAMB) So Cal Thread as those are some of the best ones we have used at all hours of the day and night. Some come from drivers of cars that just passed up an accident or slow down.

Jnaki
    The sites can be accessed from your phones, Ipads, tablets, laptops any where you have a data package or access to WiFi. yrmv...

2. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Ok, for those that don't want to check out the So Cal thread and are LARS (only) inclined, here are the sites:
    http://www.i5highway.com/i-5-traffic/laguna_niguel.html An excellent website for updated traffic info…fairly accurate. It can be opened to show all of So Cal.

This site is area specific as you move down I-5, even if you have this So Cal address, it shows the traffic awareness spots. Most of you traveling have your own town websites that show the traffic. This one is for California as the map can expand or contract for local details.

https://www.waze.com/livemap updated incidents from actual drivers that just passed up an accident slowdown or closure.

https://cad.chp.ca.gov/traffic.aspx type in your area. The CHP map is similar to the others. But, if you use the first I-5 traffic map, it expands its coverage area. They are good... So Cal traffic user approved...

Jnaki

3. Special Ed

Special Ed

The37Kid and jnaki like this.
  4. bondolero

bondolero

spoken for.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    The37Kid and Special Ed like this.
  5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe Fuzzy!-----Be going to "Deuce Days" in Sept. here in Oregon, How evever, tho a great swap & car show at Deschutes Co. fairgrounds in Redmond, Sept 9 & 10.

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Larry----No car---No mug!

7. bondolero

bondolero

done

8. HELLMET

HELLMET

I could use the pass. but is the mug ad decal on sunday only?

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Right on, Bob...Hey, you look a little like Normie Poo in there! Great look...

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

As a roadster builder/owner since 1956, I'm proud to say I'll NEVER attend another LARS ever. EVER.

HellsHotRods likes this.
  11. Mike,
    Would you care to elaborate on your statement? What happened?

Charlie Stephens

12. bondolero

bondolero

gone

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"HOORAY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HellsHotRods and Dean Lowe like this.
  14. I for one am totally looking forward to it......even though it looks like it will be around 100-103 deg on Saturday. That being said I usually spend 99% of my time in the swap meet area.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  15. Atwater Mike is this better?

bob bench.JPG

29bowtie and HellsHotRods like this.
  16. VonWegener

VonWegener

I don't know if it was mentioned here before but for all you tourists there was a MAJOR landslide on Highway 1 near Big Sur so you cannot drive along the coast from Morro Bay to Monterey / San Francisco anymore.

17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks,---I'll be returning to Oregon on Hwy 1, & Monterey aquarium.

18. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

YES, YOU spent $200 and even more to build the car-- so someone else could charge YOU $50 to make their show great so... they could GAIN a larger profit (than had you not built the car and paid to bring it).

When are people going to understand this concept?

WORD:
    -LA Roadsters became elitist's-- and stopped allowing young people to join the club, they screwed themselves and screwed up a great show. They could have had 200 member volunteers.
    - The commercial vendor fees are enough to pay for the Fairplex rental and security, everything else is profit.

19. Bottom line is it's their club, they can do what ever the hell they want. Don't like it, don't come. Simple. If all the whiners don't show up, I don't think it's going to make, or break the show.

clem, GreenMtnBoy, 32Stoker and 4 others like this.
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is exactly how I feel, hope to get back there in 2018. Bob

Special Ed likes this.
  21. bondolero

bondolero

Go and enjoy, there will be cars you have never seen or unlikely to see again and shop til you drop at the swap meet. Congratulate the hot rodders who drove hundreds of miles or flew thousands to be there. Makes the argument over $50 bucks insignificant.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've been to LARS twice and keep replaying the memories of the great time I had, there may be what 12 people that are bitching about it, don't let your life be governed by negative thoughts. Have a Great Time! Bob

Mtn Goat and Special Ed like this.
  23. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

Taking my roadster

IMG_1727.JPG

clunker, Muttley, hotcoupe and 4 others like this.
  24. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Finally got it put together, driving my late model out from Nebraska Tue/Wed. Got 383deuce to be my co pilot so the trip will be easier. Have to be back Mon night. Fast trip but it's worth it to see the show. Wouldn't want to break my 20 plus years of attendance plus I need my yearly pewter roadster.

Mtn Goat, bondolero, deucemac and 2 others like this.
  25. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

We all do not like changes in our lives, but sometimes changes are good. A wait and see to find out if the changes are good or bad is the thing to do. I will bring the Merc. and after the week end I will voice my opinion if it was good or bad. At this time I have no opinion either way ( I did like the old way) Buck is an experienced promoter and a Roadster Club member so I have confidence it will be OK . Remember the Fairplex people set the prices for food and drinks, Roadster Show people have nothing to do with that.

26. toml24

toml24

If you all want to just sit and relax and enjoy 3-hours of paved oval track stock car racing, Irwindale Speedway has 4 divisions racing Saturday night, starting at 7:00PM, with an on-track autograph session at 5:45PM. I will standing on the track at the starting line, under the flagmen's stand at 6:00PM. $15 to get in and $5 parking.

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Had a great time watching a gal win a stock car race out there two years ago, then the Night of Destruction Demo Derby. Has the track been saved from becoming another shopping maul? Bob

6-bangertim and bondolero like this.
  28. Not even Close!

HEMI32 likes this.
  29. Dean, I think it will be BETTER without the Whiny Fucks that just want to bitch about shit. IF it isn't for them, Fine - Don't go, But don't rain on the parade of those that Do want to go and have a Great time. I don't think we'll miss the little bitches at all, hope they find something else to do that puts them in a better mood.

30. Well said Don.
    As to the vendors covering the costs of the show, people who say that are clueless. I have been a part of putting on a few train shows at the Fairplex. The rate for one building is staggering. The fee for the entire property for 3 days is astronomical. The vendors don't even cover the cost of building 4 for 3 days. The Goodguys shows at Pomona were very popular, and it was a great location, but the yearly rise in costs forced Meadors to go to Del Mar. If it was so easy, why don't more promoters put on shows there?

HEMI32, deucemac, hotroddon and 2 others like this.