Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. WOW. That is awesome. Thank you. My father and I are having a hard time picking a color. You basically reached inside my grey matter and pulled what I am trying to explain to him. Thank you.

themoose likes this.
  2. mrfliboy

mrfliboy
    from IL

So now that I have installed the bed, just seal coated for the summer, will paint this winter. The wife is pushing me towards black fenders all around. Any chance of that? As always thank you very much.

Attached Files:

3. black fenders.jpg black2.jpg

509garyd and kiwijeff like this.
  4. mrfliboy

mrfliboy
    from IL

Too Cool Thanks, I be staying all gray.

slv63 and themoose like this.

5. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

madfish likes this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Alright I've a challenge for you guys. Turn a 46-8 four door into a 3 row wagon!

This is the best side shot I could come up with quickly but feel free to find something better as it's just a random car.

I've a tudor and always wondered how to create a steel wagon from a four door. I know they made woodie wagons but I don't recall them being four doors. Either way they would offer little to a conversion as far as parts go either way.

I'm curious if the roof from a later wagon would work? Or parts of it? Maybe a AD suburban roof and gate?

Anyhow I figure given the nature of this thread that you guys might have some ideas I'd never thought of and would let you give it a go:) IMG_7360.JPG

Oh duh it dawns on me that they did make a sedan delivery model. Maybe the roof and rear gate/door from one of those?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Sancho likes this.
  7. There was one in Street Rodder (Sept. 2000) referred to as a 1948 Explorer.
    Something like this?
    upload_2017-6-9_11-52-36.png

Tim and Peanut 1959 like this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Ha! Off to google that issue I guess!

Sancho likes this.
  9. Good luck. I have been searching for better pictures. Please post them if you find any.

I can't remember what roof or rear section they used on it.

Tim likes this.
  10. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

[​IMG]
    This is really nice!! Moose you should put some blue on the headlights and grille shell and frame horns.

11. tinkirk

tinkirk

12. Squablow

Squablow

I took a quick whack at it, someone else can probably do better. I tried to leave the back door uncut and used another back door window opening to make the rear part, since that might be the easiest way to do it in real life. I feel like the whole roof is too tall once this is done though. It looks vaguely European to me.

IMG_7360.JPG

13. southerncad

southerncad

That looks kewl...all it needs is to chopped about 2-3 inches...

14. Squablow

Squablow

Here's a quick and dirty chop and lowering. I also straightend out the rearmost beltline molding trim which I think really helps the square-ness. Probably should have done that in my first "stocker" version.

IMG_7360.JPG

OahuEli, kiwijeff, themoose and 2 others like this.
  15. @Tim
    Version number 2...I think the rear lid has to be rounded to blend with the lines of the car...

wagon2.jpg

kiwijeff and 509garyd like this.

16. hl.jpg

gonmad, kiwijeff and 509garyd like this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I kinda dig that! I think it needs the hood pancaked a little. Take an inch or so out of the nose tapering to nothing at the cowl. Even stock they very easily look like they are running up hill. I think that's what makes the windshield look funny in the first one. Though the chop and straightened body line did help alot

509garyd likes this.
  18. Squablow

Squablow

I think the hood in the original pic is partially up or just jacked/not sitting right. When I get a chance I'll play with the hood a bit.

Tim likes this.
  19. I have lurked on this thread in absolute awe for years! I know nothing about p-shop so this looks like witchcraft to me, ha! Amazing work everyone and that brings me to my request. I recently bought this survivor hot rod (built in '59 ish) and was hoping to see what a roadster top in white would look like? The original builder had plans to do so and I will have a lot easier time getting the wife to go on extended outings if I can offer a little protection! Thanks in advance! (This is the only side shot I have currently so I hope it is acceptable?)

image.jpeg

20. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

509garyd likes this.

21. flippers.jpg

kiwijeff, slv63, Tim and 2 others like this.
  22. 509garyd likes this.

23. Don't know what you color preferences are but here's a couple that would be a little different.

4.jpg 5.jpg

24. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

25. rack.jpg

26. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Thanks Moose !!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

27. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Moose PM me your address . Would like
    To mail a little something for all the help

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

themoose and kiwijeff like this.
  28. LBCD

LBCD

Is it possible to have just the car with a different back round ? Then lower it and add rear fender skirts. I appreciate it! shamrock4.jpg

509garyd likes this.
  29. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

Tim,
    Just a titbid of information.
    The 1948 Explorer shown on the September issue of Street Rodder magazine now resides in Saginaw, Michigan.
    In fact, it was just shown at the Detroit Autorama earlier this year.
    Beezer

Sancho likes this.