Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadsters Fathers Day Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake 27, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Lil32

Lil32

2 sleeps before we fly to USA
    Noel

da34guy and OL 55 like this.
  2. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

One of the best swap meets I have been to Ever!!!

exterminator likes this.
  3. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

I totally agree Bob ! years ago we would just get into our cars and drive. Car shows are for the birds. People just sit around and do not much of anything. Lets just drive them with friends. Mercuryguy

continentaljohn likes this.
  4. exterminator

exterminator

It is almost here! Getting excited.:)

5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We've been in SoCal for a few days already, zooming around in my roadster enjoying the beautiful weather.

Speaking to a number of people yesterday at the Pomona swapmeet it is claimed that 2017 is planned to be the last year that the show will be open on the Sunday, Fathers Day. Has anyone else heard of this or know better or for sure? I'm hoping I'm not propagating damaging rumour and I hope I'm wrong too!

Chris

The37Kid likes this.
  7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NAH!!!---------Just "FAKE NEWS"----Enjoy your stay!!!

exterminator and Dean Lowe like this.
  8. Muttley

Muttley

I'll be there for the swap meet, don't really care about the stuff on the other side of the fence.

HellsHotRods, hidez57 and HELLMET like this.
  9. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

10. HELLMET

HELLMET

ill be out there in the swap meet area with this car. if you see me say hi. see you out there. billy calori stance.png

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Glad I saw that car at the GNRS, hope to be back for the LARS in 2018. Hope everyone has a great time! Bob

HELLMET likes this.
  12. I will look for you!
    Also I know there was a list of the open house schedule some where here. But I can't find it.
    Thanks and can't wait to get there from CT.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Mark, be sure to hit an many open house shops as you can, guess you are into the global directions thing, should make it easy. Have a Great time! Bob

14. bondolero

bondolero

Anyone got their entry passes back after registering ?

15. Got mine today

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Open House List?? Anyone!

17. Got mine today!!!!!!

18. HELLMET

HELLMET

my buddy as some . he specializes in 39 trans he will be there

19. Just sent you a PM

20. Got mine today.

21. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-6-8_7-5-55.png Yesterday’s June gloom coastal Orange County.
    upload_2017-6-8_7-7-44.png Today’s early morning, drizzling,
    gas station/market run…There is an ocean out there somewhere
    Hey Guys,

Just remember that in So Cal, the dreaded June Gloom is with us for a while. This year, it has locked in Coastal So Cal with very moist overcast, fog, and dew. Today, it was drizzling and seemed like November during the rainy season. The roads are slick and for the open roadsters, you will get moisture...be prepared.

How far did the moisture go inland, well, as far as the El Toro Y at the 405 and I-5 freeway interchange. yesterday, the gloom was 20 miles inland from the coast. The moisture stopped about Mission Viejo, but stayed gloomy all day. Temps were around 68-75.

Jnaki
    As far as Pomona is concerned for that later June weekend, it will be hot, high 80's maybe into the 90's. Pomona is about 57 miles inland from the ocean… From your local weatherman... Watch out for the coastal slick road surfaces, though.

Hey Dean, if the trip to Pomona was this morning, you would have been soaked unless you have side curtains... yikes.

22. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Side Curtains"??-----Go Topless!!-------Leaving Sunday, Bend,Oregon to Pomona by Wed.----NO TOP!!

23. My wife and I should be at the Sheraton Fairplex around noon. Looking to go to an open house or two. I will need to arrange transportation. Not renting a car. Any ideas?

24. Don I think a bunch of us, 40 cars , will be going through Bend in September. Maybe we can hook up????

25. Not worried about it Junji. Like always, it's going to be in the 90's in Pomona for the show. A little "June Gloom" would be welcome, but it's not gonna' happen.

Special Ed likes this.
  26. A taxi, or Uber, unless you make friends with someone with a back seat.

27. Dean thanks! I guess we will see when we get there. Mark

28. deucemac

deucemac

Well my anxiety level has been reduced significantly today. The mailman brought me my LARS packet! How sweet it is! I talked to a member of the show staff and we discussed changes and possible cut backs and one thing that I am very excited about. There will be something special to recognize us roadster owners in the goodie bag we will receive. It isn't earth shaking, but a nice touch to let us know he club still cares and is grateful we came. I won't say what it is because I don't want to spoil the surprise. But, I'm sure there will be lots of comments on it after the show. So, now that I know I'm in, drop by the side opposite the NHRA museum of building 4 and say hello. Just look for the blue hemi powered deuce hiboy with the sprint car steering. The guy with the extra boyish figure and beard is me.

Mtn Goat likes this.
  29. toml24

toml24

All of you from New Zealand, Australia, and beyond, who bring your cell phones, you can check up-to-the-minute current Traffic and Weather conditions by going to the web sites of local television stations KCBS/KCAL, KTLA, KTTV, and KABC. They all have excellent current conditions.