Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Sooooo what did ya git done this weekend and the Timex returns

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, May 22, 2017.

1. Interesting weekend here in Bean-Ville. The @raven and me went up to the retirement villa and planted trees. Other then the road trip, not much hot rod related.

Now the trip home is a different story. Inside the raven's garage was this old dirty mill on a stand. Yep believe it or not after 20 years and about 150,000 miles (general estimate) of ABUSE the Timex 355 is in need ( not desperate need) of a freshening. Sooooo for now it sits on a stand @ Porknbean Speed. it is in the line up but we plan on it being fresh and ready to play again by August. (don't hold your breath I'm slow).

Oh thanks to @Tim for the help unloading and @raven for help digging holes.

So what did you happen to get done this weekend. ;)

untitled.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, but I knew a pic was required and my luddite phone was handy. :oops:

Hnstray, Max Gearhead and Sancho like this.
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I went to my first car-related function in over two years. Caught up with friends. Took my oldest daughter. Fun stuff.

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

That thing has a camera?!?

Haha I watched you mess with that motor, rearranged the garage/shop space to make a little more work space for the model A, and figured out roughly where I'd like my tail lights/ plate/ plate light to land on it.

Next up~ I have a different weekend that isn't Sat/sun~ a bunch of laundry and plotting how to remove this u joint off the front of the torque tube/driveshaft.

It should bolt to the transmission and slip onto the driveshaft but it's stuck pretty good. I dumped a bunch of kroil in it a few months ago, a few times actually, so hopefully when I get it out from under the car it just slides off.

If it doesn't I'm thinking put an anvil under the joint and rap the top with a big hammer.

Not having room to do that or it not working I'll put some heat on it and hope that convinces it.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Not hotrod related but
    Got the historic site ready for a Maifest celebration. Including prep for a big wig ceremony as we have been received into the National Historic Register and also name on a list by the Smithsonian as one of the top 20 small towns in America to visit.
    Worked really hard for these awards. I'm very proud.
    http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20170...ian-list-of-best-small-towns-to-visit-in-2017
    Even installed a Maypole for the celebration.

..[​IMG]

Hnstray and Tim like this.

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

A little off topic but...the owner of this project had to stop by and see the progress.

6. I hung out with friends,bench raced,watched the Southeaster Gassers & drove the hot rod about 300 miles. HRP

Tim and 62hotcat like this.
  7. Nothing car related but I had to do a repair on a display fixture that some hack built for a friend of mine that was so poorly constructed it was unacceptible for use at the mall. No pictures and oh how I wish it had never happened LOL

8. Took the alternator out of my Ford and had the regulator replaced. Did 2 cruise nights locally. Helped a buddy tear down an LS engine... and uncovered my pool.

9. chiro

chiro

Rebuild the 94's on the Hot Rod all except the needles and seats (they looked good to me). Took it for a long drive with my son. Ran good then started on the same old stumbling problem. Replacing the seats and needles sometime this very rainy week and hoping it will all work out.

Andy

10. Crankhole

Crankhole

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  11. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I worked, all weekend.

12. Went to my youngest grand kid's 4th B-day party. It was hilarious! Watched some Nascar racing on the tube. Spent a little time with Mrs Rocky and finished up the timing belt/water pump/radiator hose R&R on her mopar 300. Now it's good for another 140,000 miles.
    Had to go to work today to rest up.

Tim likes this.
  13. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

went to el mirage and watched some racing, taught the girlfriend how to ride a dirtbike.was fun

spurgeonforge likes this.
  14. Latigo

Latigo

image.jpg Painted and reinstalled the dash in the coupe. Took in a local swapmeet and still had time to go kayaking with my wife. A good weekend.

spurgeonforge likes this.
  15. It's this upcoming weekend I'm looking forward to. With my work schedule and the holiday, I get 4 days off in a row. I see some quality 34 ford time in my future.

Tim likes this.
  16. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Finished all the TIG welding on my chassis (thanks Drew), Painted it and started re-assembly......want to get a few "test hits" pre meltdown.........It was a very productive weekend hot rod wise......hated to skip the Mansfield swap, but glad I did, running out of time....

17. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

At 4:30 AM Sat. headed out for the Monroe Swap Meet, blue skies and lots of SUNSHINE... Really strong sales day, most of my Stovebolt inventory cleaned out. Thanks to the buyers, do know that the funds are going to my 261 short block rebuild... pistons, camshaft assembly & etc. Thanks again , Dyno Dave

18. Spent my entire weekend (which consists of Sunday morning- 2 jobs for me) working on the gmc. Just can't seem to get it running good, if at all. More bits from the parts store this morning and I'll take another run at it tomorrow..

I swear it did run quite nicely before getting wrapped up for winter. [​IMG]
    There's a pic of one of my "press hard on the starter button please" boys

Tim likes this.
  19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks like I have another trunk load of stuff to take to the dump. I never notice the stuff coming in, and it isn't a bother having it around, but all of a sudden it is junk and needs to be chucked out, how does that happen? Bob

williebill likes this.
  20. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Well I buried two dead cats! (bet you weren't expecting that!!!) Seems cats croaked while I was @ "the farm" Wife of nearly 50 years put them in the mud room for me to "deal with"! That was 5 days before I got back. What a mess...

The37Kid and 1964countrysedan like this.
  21. upspirate

upspirate

Drank beer and read the HAMB

bobss396 likes this.
  22. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

image.jpg picked up a mini bike for my daughters.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Gene, two cats in the mud room are far better than a pair of horses in the garage, helped plant one years ago. Bob

24. stimpy

stimpy

. rebuilt a carb on a chipper, and started fitting my exhaust on my o/t pick up truck that had a manufactuers defect ( thanks edelbrock for your half assed design of using carbon steel brackets with stainless tubing ) , went to the storage to get help load out the misc parts I sold that I was selling with the car .

25. tguptill

tguptill
    from Maine

Ran a 5k with my wife and granddaugters. On Sunday took my grandson to a local car show. Then I came home and got my lawnmower and woodsplitter ready to use.

26. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Went to a local cruise friday night.Spent saturday and sunday building a new nose for the hood on this ford. I HATE bodywork! 100_0061.JPG

27. ...went to the "Lil Hershey" swapmeet in Belvidere, Illinois, been going for over 40 years,...it was windy, cool and then started to rain about an hour and a half after a few of us club members set out some parts for sale. ...so about 10:00 am we packed up as it looked like rain the rest of the day,..but in an hour and a half I sold $70 worth , which comes out to about $50 an hour, so not a bad day really.

28. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Got the siding almost finished on the new garage and did some wood floor refinishing in the house.

IMG_20170524_094317.jpg
    IMG_20170520_154637583.jpg
    IMG_20170520_190035586.jpg

29. LOLI need you at both of my houses. :D
    Its been a damned busy week, absolutely car or bike related, but after the mowing I am going to get my mics out. Got to get something running so that I can go and play on my birthday.LOL

By the way you guys have been some productive muthas.:D

30. This coming weekend I will be cleaning up the remnants of a huge maple tree that split down the center in a recent storm,hopefully I'll get a chance to clean up all the dust off the sedan from last weeks steel in motion show,maybe take in a local cruise in if the weather holds out. HRP