Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ****CALLING ALL HAMbers****Need to locate a vehicle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phoenix5x, May 16, 2017.

1. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

**********UPDATE #2*******
    This truck has moved and is now in NOCONA, TX. Please anyone from Nocona please help locate this vehicle!

**********UPDATE*********
    Vehicle is somewhere in North Dakota as of June of 2016

Hello HAMB members,

I am writing this in an attempt to locate a vehicle I sold a few years ago. The vehicle is a Green 1955 1st series deluxe 5 window P/U. I sold the vehicle in November of 2013 to fellow hamber Hot Rod Dirty. I found out today that he sold it sometime after that, not sure of exact date yet. I am currently working with him to try and find pictures of exactly what it looked like when it left his possession and the mods that were completed as well. I have attached a picture of what it looked like when I sold it to him. I know for fact it did not get sold with the grille gaurd that is in the picture. Otherwise it had Heat AC and defrost. Motor was an SBC with an offy tripower setup comprised of Holley 94's. Seats were grey out of an 05 dodge durango. The bed wood was handmade out of hard white oak and stained dark. The green was faded with lots of patina as the truck was from Texas originally.

Any help and leads appreciated. I am trying to purchase this truck back, if it is for sale, for my wifes birthday as she loved this truck and we really needed the cash at time of sale. If I cannot purchase it immediately I would like at least current whereabouts and pictures with hopefully the 1st crack at purchasing it should it come up for sale.

Please keep this up top and if moderators could possibly be kind enough to maybe sticky this for a few days or a week it would be much appreciated.

Thank you HAMB!

tmp_11649-0516171354808448376.jpg
    Sent from my VS995 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Will find more pics soon!

3. 38 mopar_fan

38 mopar_fan

I thought it was us who lived down under but I see your truck is upside down
    Always figured New Zealand was on top of the world

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

5. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

If you ever remember seeing this for sale, if the post still exists any links or leads appreciated!

Shot of the bed from before I sold it to Hot Rod Dirty.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

7. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seller's regret sucks; I actually had a dream last night that I was able to buy back one of my cars for $900, which I did, only to wake up...

8. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Ouch man I know how that feels...At the time we needed the cash and I didn't have the space now I have space and cash and I would like to have this one back..lol!

9. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Well I know now that the vehicle is somewhere in North Dakota now. It was purchased in June of 2016. SO any help in Keeping an eye out in ND would be appreciated!

10. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Back to the top...Truck is now known to be in Nocona, TX pleas keep an eye out..looks to be a small town

11. dang....that truck sure's getting around........

12. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

I know right...its gonna make it all that more sweet of a story when I find the thing and get it back..funny thing is the truck started off in TX...so far it is one hell of a circle..TX-IN-OH-KY-ND-TX-Hopefully OH in this trucks life...lol

13. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Attempted to reach out to the Horton Car Museum in Nocona but he was not too willing to help. I will give them a few days and see if they still happen to run across something.

14. Slopok

Slopok

Hope you find it before the Gas Monkey's do!

Bandit Billy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  15. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or worse, if possible, some d-bag turning it into a rayt-rawd and fauxtina-ing it and using a circular saw blade as a steering wheel. I hope you find it.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  17. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

C'mon man trying to keep those thoughts outta my head..lol...this baby was even on its original frame, none of this sub frame crap..dont need to be hearing that!

18. kmrumedy

kmrumedy

It shouldn't be too hard to find. The town is only 3 miles wide with about 3000 residents. Shopping centre would be localized. Everyone needs gas and food. Hell, I bet one of the bag boys at the local grocery store could ID it in a flash. Easiest way would be if you had a friend in law enforcement. Call in a favour. Also, there can't be that many garages there. Call one up. Even if they don't know the truck ask them where the car guys gather in the area. You'll find it pretty quickly. Good luck. We've all regretted selling something.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope you find it, I had an early '55 years ago. Is that grille guard an aftermarket or home made item? Bob

20. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  21. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

The grill guard was an original smash hit...I know where that is..that stayed with the owner from KY...trying to buy that back from him..Its the only modification I am sure of, but they are pretty popular in TX

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

My '55 has an extra front bumper on top of the original. Worked well pushing cars around at the body shop were I bought it. I was the third owner, I'll have another some day. Bob

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Ditto what Kmrumedy said; everyone needs gas and food. I'd call or snail mail a flyer with pic of the truck every auto parts store in town. Can't be that many and an old truck will surely need parts.
    Though it's a tiny town, there might be a local car hangout once a month at DQ, etc. or perhaps an antique/flea market type setting (tat may include old car parts) that the truck/owner may frequent.

Surprised the local car museum wasn't much help.

With only 3000 residents, I'd "drive" through the town on Google Earth. The truck may not be garage kept and may be sitting in a driveway.
    I dropped in on Nocona, and the first thing I saw was this field of mostly 50's cars (!), so there's at least one old car guy. "Zach's trading post". Maybe ask him for starters.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/N...fc05033b8c32c4!8m2!3d33.7867684!4d-97.7258626

1964countrysedan and kmrumedy like this.
  24. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Nice Thank you! Calling some parts stores in Nocona, I just found that a large auction was held at the beginning of may in Nocona. There is still a 1955 truck for sale on their site post auction but no picture. I contacted the auction site to provide pictures and they said they will try and email me pictures

kmrumedy likes this.
  25. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

The vin# is different so it is probably not the same truck...had to call back to get that...still looking though and still waiting on the pictures

26. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Saw the google earth shot of that place, couldnt find a phone number...looks abandoned...lol..Been driving around google earth in Nocona all the pics are from 2013 according to google.

27. I live about an hour East of Nocona (55 miles). They have a huge car auction every year. The whole town is big time in to antique, and classic vehicles. They also have a big yearly car show. I can't go there this weekend, but could possibly go the next weekend if you have a good lead you need me to follow up on.

28. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Some of my feelers have not panned out so well so still need some eyes out there...any local cruise ins that might be happening might be a good place to catch it