Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Yard Art & Water 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 18, 2017.

1. Danny, it was actually the cheapest way for me to build a pond. I scored the motor for a Finn at a swap meet and got the boat from a neighbor dirt cheap. The most spensive thing was the pump. All in all, I had less than a hundred in it when it was all said and done. Every one in the neighborhood and all who knew me or any one in our family knew about the boat. A boat with fish IN IT , who da thunk it ?

2. I like it a lot and you don't have to worry about roots puncturing a vinyl membrane and loosing all the water and consequently all your fish. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  3. exterminator

exterminator

You may say where is the water , that happens when it rains.:rolleyes: Yard Art 2.JPG

4. upspirate

upspirate

One thing about this....no windshield to hang a ticket on for exceeding 2 hrs parking!:p

5. There's water after the snow melts! :D

[​IMG]

3W JOHN and exterminator like this.
  6. You know there's plenty of stores that sell yard art. I just hate when desirable cars are forced into being yard art. Although I will admit they do make good yard art.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. [​IMG]

I have heard several guys here on the hamb tell me I should build the Model A in my yard and a few guys around town have told be it should be built,it's one of the 4,858,644 Model A's built and is a rough old cob & thin as cheap toilet paper,but if someone wants to build it all they have to do is come up with the money and it will be gone.

Personally,I would rather it sit and rot in my yard as to see some yahoo turn it into a rodent rod! HRP

8. Old one from New Zealand. HRP

[​IMG]

9. I'm sure that I've posted this in here somewhere before, but one weekend about ten years ago my wife went to a church retreat with her ladies group and came home to find this in her flower garden in the back yard. Humorously she hardly batted an eye and asked "What's that?" and I replied "A '55 Pontiac!". She said "Oh, ok..." and went into the house. I connected an old cell phone charger to a dashboard light bulb so that the taillight would stay on 24/7 and all of my neighbors and visitors loved it. We used to like hearing little kids ask "Is there a WHOLE CAR buried under there???" and of course we'd be honest and straightforward with them and say "Yes... we never had the time to dig up the whole car."

The car that this was cut from was a rough 4-door in a junkyard that had been sitting outside at a local farm for about 30 years with the windows down. It was sitting on (what was left of) the frame because it was so rusty. Mice had eaten anything and everything soft inside. When I got the corner of it home, I hit it with a DA and brush painted it with some industrial enamel, so that's why it looks like it could have been from a nice car... I honestly don't like people cutting up useable cars & parts for yard art.
    Water? There is a birdbath in the photo AND the garden hose that needed to be put back on the reel...
    I also have a 56 (or so?) Buick dash assembly bolted to the "backsplash" of my metal work bench. It's really rough though, and "someday" I'll refinish it and I'll post a photo of that here too.
    Resized_DSC_0229_0073.jpeg

10. Oh... forgot to mention that when we moved from Virginia all the way down here to south Louisiana, we met a nice couple at Atomic Blast in Gulfport Mississippi and as we were comparing photos she said "I've SEEN that before!!!" when I showed her this photo! I asked "Where?" and she whipped out her phone and showed it to me in HER collection of "cool car/truck photos & yard art". My jaw hit the blacktop!!! She had gotten it off of Pinterest, but the funny thing is that I have a few pictures of my Blues Brothers band & the Bluesmobile on Pinterest and don't think that I ever put that photo up there!!!

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

12. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

13. ...this 37-40 IH sits at a wedding canyon site, it's an old quarry made into a wedding site, they use the IH as a backdrop for pics,...it's in good condition, should be put back on the road,...that's my 48 F-1 behind it that I drove there.
    wedding canyon IH 002.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  14. exterminator

exterminator

I love that IH.Use to have one just like that!:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. GTS225

GTS225

Never did I think that a DONK'd early Chevy pickup would be cool, let alone appropriate for the HAMB.
    aerocolor has proved me wrong, with that Chevy in post 42 & 43, with the 24" rims under it.

Roger

HOTRODPRIMER and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Good eye.
    Fronts are 24" horse drawn manure spreader.
    Rears are 32" cultivator.
    My wife's idea. I just had figure out the stance and weld it up.
    Frame is two 4x6 treated beams.

HOTRODPRIMER and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

18. ,,,I'd be buildin this one...
    upload_2018-3-31_9-25-19.jpeg

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  19. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Lol.
    When I run out of truck projects, I will.
    Got guys trying to buy it all the time.
    They'v asked about the RPU too.
    It's mostly tractor parts. 20171102_095018.jpg 20171102_095045.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  20. phantompjcoupe

phantompjcoupe
    from chicago

Found this on Facebook and thought I’d share it. I’ve wanted to do something like this for a long time, and this is the closest to what I have in my head that I’ve seen
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

LOST ANGEL and tofords like this.
  21. sunbeam

sunbeam

To me many cars at Barret Jackson to expencive to drive . But you don't see them in yards much. Just trailered to car shows.

22. "art" the fastest way to destroy what's left of them...

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

23. Not mine. But a few that made me laugh. No old cars were harmed in they're construction. lol[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

phantompjcoupe and tofords like this.