Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest LED Tailight Rip Off......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, May 22, 2017.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I've decided, it he has the Character this group expects, he'll send my money back...he has my address...if he doesn't...that's be ok too...I'm over it......

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I look at them and think that would be only the LED lenses without the bodies. Sorry, that's the way I see it.

3. 117harv

117harv

A quick scan of his posts, it's clear he is here to hock his wares and nothing more.

TANNERGANG likes this.
  4. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

these led things are one piece, the lens has the LED in them post up a photo of the back of these pls

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If they are not LED someone took the LED out put the old non LED in and sold them as LED. Seller should refund you...

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heres some from that eeeeeee site and they clearly are boarded and wired with sockets. That package makes it easy to slip out the new and put in the old. That sucks. Definitely an apologetic refund is in order.

$T2eC16NHJFoE9nh6nPk5BP8jskyubw~~60_57.JPG

7. 117harv

117harv

If you compare Stogy's pic to the add, you can clearly see the packaging is missing some of the electronics, as well as the fact the seller states in bold letters "never opened" ?

8. Yep, this is what happened....

9. manyolcars

manyolcars

yeah he cheated you

10. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Reading the back of the posted container...perhaps seller only passed on what he read, with no mal intent.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  11. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

Comparing the two photos, to me its obvious the LED parts have been removed. Lens sit lower in plastic and no socket.

12. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

On second look, if seller has removed LED board with wiring pigtails only leaving the lenses that could be interpreted as deceptive. They then can't be sealed and unopened as parts are missing.

13. Have you contacted the seller with your complaint? I can see you posting this if he isn't responsive. If you haven't contacted him then you've done a good job of lynching him. I don't have a pony in the race, just wondering.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yupp...Charlies right he may not have known...it was the one who bought the lights that switched them out and that may have not been the seller. He may have aquired them in a lot of stuff and not realized. Shit happens...o_O

Kan Kustom likes this.
  15. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

After a few messages back and forth, he said send them back at my expense and he'd return my money.....Yeah right, I'm not going to be took twice.

16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You beat me too it. The guy slid the new out and put the old lenses in...

17. Fordors

Fordors

Looking at his past ads makes me think he is more of a seller than a builder. I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt, he may not really have known they were switched.
    I'd send them back too, how else do you expect to recover any of your cash outlay? The seller got beat up here pretty good, at least he deserves a chance to right a wrong.
    BTW, neither you or the seller seemed to know what LED's look like.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  18. If paid with PP, he's on the hook for everything........ Unless you did the "gift" thing.You just have to start the process. A verbal chat with a representative is all it's gonna take to bring hell to the seller...... Sometimes, unfortunately, it has to happen, but you'll be covered 100%

Stogy likes this.
  19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

his response to you says he planned on ripping you off and succeeded. I sold over $100,000.00 worth of car junk on ebay over a 5 year period. if I thought something was actually something that it was not and listed it as such I would have refunded in full including shipping both ways. so he is either a rip off artist or an a-hole or both.

Stogy likes this.
  20. If he won't eat the shipping, then he's a crook. Mistakes happen, but you don't push them off on the buyer.

Hatchet and Stogy like this.
  21. OP.
    So what do you have invested so far...about $40? Add the ten it'll take to send them back and put a note in that you expect him to send you $50 if that is what it amounts to.

I don't know the guy but it looks to me like he may have got taken and didn't even know it. According to you he has offered to make it tight. Where's the character in not letting him do it. Wear his shoe for a few steps.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  22. pworm14

pworm14
    from AZ

Even the back of the packaging in his add says, epoxy coated circuit board blah, blah, blah, 7.4 to 14 volts blah, blah, blah.

Reading that on the packaging would tell me that it's a complete unit, not just a lens.

Guy needs to pay for the return and refund your money, no if ands or buts.

Stogy likes this.
  23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@FORTY you have something to resolve here.

A man trusted you to deliver a product that matched the description in the advertisement exactly. This did not happen.

Kindly correct what I am sure is an inadvertent oversight on your part.

Stogy likes this.
  24. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have bought a lot of parts from him. He has always treated me right. My guess is that he bought them at a swap meet or similar and was told or assumed they are new never opened. None of us know everything and we are all mistaken at times. Like I said he has been totally honest and trustworthy to me numerous times. Get with him and see what he does.

25. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I've deleted the info...he has my info and if he has the character this group expects out of it's members....he'll send my money back.....I'm over it......causes too much division in the group.......let's all just let it pass.....................thanks

Poh likes this.
  26. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Why is that a bad thing ? There are many old guys on here that are past building age , been there, done that,enjoy watching younger guys taking their turn and selling off all the extras from over the years of collecting parts and building cars. I have dealt with this guy many times and he has always been above board with me.

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't see anything wrong with it; however, how he handles this particular error will set the tone of his presence here.

Let's assume that this was a simple mistake, until we know otherwise, and give the man a chance to put things right.

Kan Kustom and Stogy like this.
  28. 117harv

117harv

Not participating in the forum, just here to sell, what if we ALL did that? Yes there is no rule that says you can't, but if you're just going to use the HAMB as your free selling site, atleast become an alliance member, give back to the site that lets you sell for free. Many of the members who just sell check in daily to see if there are any questions or to BTTT and then log off again. :(

It has been mentioned over and over here that members are less likely to buy from folks who don't participate.

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there an update on this?

30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER