Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Shenandoah ca?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

A vision of perfection

This is a huge problem where I live... frkn nosy A-holes who think they have a right to tell people what to do with their lives and property:mad: man if I were you I would 've called a towtruck and removed their stupid firetruck just to make a point!;)

groano_O

[​IMG]
    After working my way through this thread I've come to some realizations. At first I was angry and depressed about cars rotting into the ground and salvagable cars getting crushed etc. but after 420 pgs I can say without guilt "I don't want to save them all" I really don't want any '46 to '54 fattys or '58 to '61 land yachts period, even the chubby late '30 I only like coupes/verts, and I'd only save a fordor if it was mid '30's or earlier. Yeah they're all neat and if one drifted into my life at a super low buy in I'd save it but if it's rotting in a field in South Carolina I couldn't give a shit..... This here post illustrates the good that can come of a thread like this in the modern interweb world these two guys got together and saved a cool coupe thanks to the HAMB

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

'49+'51 Chevrolet 4 door fleetlines...

20170326_115027.jpg

Bowtie Coupe and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  4. Something unique for the IH guys.

Attached Files:

5. I'm trying to figure what might be unique about 61 or 62 C series other than you don't see them on the roads anymore.

6. This has been a good thread. As I've looked through some of the pages, it's good to see some young guys showing interest in old cars, even to the point they're finding them, loading 'em up and setting up projects. Keep up the great work, you young guys. Here in central Indiana, our town has a really good car event in September commemorating James Dean. Most of the cars coming into town are driven by folks out of my age group, some young fellows, but not many. A bit depressing at times, but we still need to keep the excitement about old cars.
    Dave

LONG, 26 T Ford RPU and mrloboy like this.
  7. These particular trucks are unusual as they are a c900, from what I've read they are on a scout chassis with a shorter bed than a short bed. Not very popular and only made for a couple years?

stillrunners and Bomb like this.
  8. Jermo, looks like that planter was a '30 Chevrolet...

9. I don't think any of it was a Chevy, at least not the body. It has a 30 Ford A rad shell and engine block.

10. That one you posted is a Canadian version and probably is unique. The US ones were produced only in 63 and 64 and were only stepsides. The all were 4 bangers.
    Canadian.
    [​IMG]

US
    [​IMG]

Nailhead A-V8, LONG and stillrunners like this.
  11. rudestude

rudestude

It's unique due to the fact that it still has it's hub caps ....Well at least two anyways..Few years back there was a little short wide one like that in my area all stock plain Jane looking except the duel pipes out the back and the 500 cubes of Cadillac under the hood...Guy would drive around with a bale of hay in the bed like he was just returning from the feed store but you get next to him at the stop light ....Ya that's no farm truck.....

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Did not know they were made.

14. Just got this one home. It will have to sit and rot at my place for awhile until I get started on the coupe.....this will be it's parts car.

Attached Files:

Bowtie Coupe and 31Dodger like this.
  15. That would be a good builder in NZ. JW

16. t-rod

t-rod

Here's a few I saw in the course of my work travels this week.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bad decisions make good stories.

clunker, Bowtie Coupe, LONG and 4 others like this.
  17. Cool finding T-Rod. :cool::) JW

t-rod likes this.
  18. gonmad

gonmad

My mom sent me a pic of this today when she was out in the boonedocks decorating graves. Appears to have been sitting since the late 80's! LoL! IMG_6716.jpg IMG_6717.jpg

Bowtie Coupe and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  19. t-rod

t-rod

Hopefully not sitting or rotting for much longer! The neighbors are getting their property cleared out. There's a few they're keeping to build themselves, but there's more to come.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]If anyone out there is interested, the cars are a little north of Salt Lake City.

Bad decisions make good stories.

Bowtie Coupe and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  20. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

A few I saw the other day while getting an OT piece for a man cave 20170520_150501 (2).jpg 20170520_150526 (2).jpg 20170520_150556 (2).jpg 20170520_172017 (2).jpg

21. It looks like they put all their extra stuff to make it, I go by it every now and again. If someone is around next time I'll find out the details

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

23. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

24. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

20140814_131415.jpg 20141106_152111.jpg 20141106_152600.jpg 1957 Roadmaster. Sat inside for over fifty years, then sat on the street for a year or two. Suposed to be 2000 original miles, the asking price was 30k. It has since disappeared. The interior was excellent.

25. keef59

keef59

26. Sadly the plastic covers on my 56,000 mile Stude didn't hold up so well in the Texas heat - when we pulled the plastic back - tore the fabric with it....it had been a garage car until it was inherited....out to the pasture it went.......sadly the dash also......

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  27. Bomb.I like the station wagon parked next to it. Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and biggeorge like this.