Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Scrape heading to auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by denis4x4, May 19, 2017.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

stanlow69 likes this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Not being familiar with this car I first thought that it was a typo and I thought, why would anyone auction scrap :D

3. This car is one of the reasons the Zepher coupes sell so well.
    Terry drove out to my house in a snow storm to buy my trusty 39 shark-nose Graham for the front sheetmetal. Said he was gonna build a car similar to Scrape with the shark nose. That's been over 10 years ago and I havent' seen anything yet with that front sheet metal.....a roadster would be outrageous!

4. Will definitely be interesting. This car set the Custom car world on it ear when it came out but I think it actually loses something without it's original purple paint colour as for me at least that is how I will always picture it.

stanlow69 likes this.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the $60,000.00 price seems a bit much, can't believe anyone would pay $250,000 for it, now they think some clown will pay even more than that. lots of custom Zephers out there I like better.

6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It looks better in black to me, but I dunno, it's sleek and smooth, but it's also a bit cartoonish, too. I don't know if it's the windsheild laying back so far or the super low chop, something just doesn't fit to me. A case where a bit less might have actually been better, if that makes sense.

fauj likes this.
  7. bscc50

bscc50
    from n.e.

calling this thing a zephyr, is like calling rosie o'donell a super model. that thing has horrible proportions.

8. Squablow

Squablow

I agree, while it's not my favorite car ever/not quite my style, this car will go down in history as a very significant custom car. I also think it loses something with this repaint, it's been "updated" to make it fit in closer to current trends and that's kind of a shame. I'd much rather have it in it's "tired" purple paint, original to it's build.

$66K to own a car that pretty much every hot rodder/customizer in the US and many in the world immediately recognize? I've seen more than that sunk into unfinished projects and run of the mill boring shit. $400K for the muddled version, I won't believe that until I see it.