Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Interesting Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, May 18, 2017.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I graduated in 1962, but don't remember seeing this option on Buick's..
    Any actually see one ?
    '61 Buick Flamigo Rotating seat.jpg

2. Hdonlybob likes this.
  3. samurai mike

samurai mike

my mom didn't need no stinking swivel seat!

flatheadpete and belair like this.
  4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine didn't need a mirror to see what was going on behind her.

classiccarjack likes this.

5. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I got my ass beat plenty without swivel seats in out Buicks!!

graveyardsledder likes this.
  6. Make a nice date car.

Evil Emery, Just Gary and Hdonlybob like this.
  7. ^^^My first thoughts also.

Just Gary likes this.
  8. wicarnut

wicarnut

Had a Chevy MontyCarlo, the bucket seats turned 90 degrees for getting in and out, 63 T- Birds had 90 degree seat feature w/ a steering wheel that slid over, other GM cars had the 90 degree seats, the only seats that sat backwards that I'm aware of were some of the old wagons, had a Ford and a Pontiac w/ that feature way back in the day. As long as we are talking seats, old Nash cars had seats that folded down flat, pretty good DriveIn date car, guys under 50 missed out on outdoor movie theaters or as we Old Timers called them, "Passion Pits"

jnaki likes this.
  9. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

My Mom would be driving with three boys in the back screwing around, kicking the back of the seat, rolling the window up and down and playing ball, she would say in a low voice, "Boys don't make me stop this car", enough said.

classiccarjack likes this.
  10. Hdonlybob, My dad could smack us kids in the back seat while driving his 63 chevy 2 station wagon and not even miss a beat while driving, and he didn't have a rotating seat.I still have nightmares about it.LOL. Dad was a tough one as seen here.Bruce. img649.jpg

11. Yup, Dad could give a healthy swat to any offender in the back seat (or my spot in the rear footwell) of our '71 Impala (4 door hardtop) without taking his eyes off the road- that arm was swift and powerful.

Bruce Fischer and Surfcityrocker like this.
  12. Mac the Yankee that's when dads were dads.If they haden of been so tuff on us we might of turned out different ,like today everyone ones afraid of offending one another. Dad would swat you and say deal with it or you will get another. LOL. Bruce.

13. choptop40

choptop40

Oh yes , once we all, three of us got slapped in the back seat...he pulled over though.....

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  14. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Ran around in high school with a girl who drove a yellow 61 Rambler wagon. You could lay everything down and have one playground, dash to tailgate.

Hdonlybob likes this.
  15. Is her tucus parked on the backrest of the seat ?
    Perhaps its not a rotating seat but it flips. Hardly seems like there is enough area for that seat to spin.

Oldmics

16. "You look out THAT window, you look out THAT window, and you look out the FRONT, and not ANOTHER WORD"

Oh, the memories (I'm giggling AND flinching as I type) :D

classiccarjack and Sancho like this.
  17. The seat did not "rotate"....it flipped....her back is resting against the lower cushion......

Hdonlybob likes this.
  18. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Back then your mom "could" beat your ass! You touch your kids today, and the state steals them from you. Then puts them in foster care, and destroys your family....

Getting back to reality, I am so glad that my mom had a 1966 Charger, because we were able to "duck" when she swatted at us. If we had a car with that seat in it, we would have behaved like angels... And believe me, we deserved it! LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. gatz

gatz

" ....do I need to stop this car?!?! "

choptop4 likes this.
  20. sololobo

sololobo

My sister and I had a dividing line in the back seat, but most of the time we played the "car game", you would choose a car color and the one with the most going by won. Easy to entertain us in those simpler days. great memories of looking at the glowing dash in Dad's 48 Ford coupe with the alternate chrome dash trim, or riding in my Uncles 50 Chrysler with the gleaming chrome dash grill and the dim lit radio, oh, the good ol days!!

21. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D All Dad had to do was clear his throat.THAT was enough for me and my sister.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

22. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Ahhhh the good Ol' Nash line..
    Had two of them in High School....Lot of Poontang in them !!! :)