Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. I cleaned the background up a bit and rechromed the rear bumper....Hope this will help you with your decision.

red.jpg two tone.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. Can someone "paint" my truck green?

IMG_1383.JPG

201138_Side_Profile_Web.png

3. Green it is....

green.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Peanut 1959 likes this.
  4. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Somewhere between olive and lime...
    60 Ford 03.jpg

themoose likes this.
  5. Squablow

Squablow

OK odd request, one I for sure can't do myself. I need to redo the chop on my '53 Ford at some point in the future, I did it in high school and it's a real butcher job.

Years ago I bought a complete roof from a '54 Skyliner glasstop and had been saving it to incorporate it into my '53 2 door sedan somehow, and this past weekend I bought a brand new hardtop windshield at an auction for $5 (my chopped one is cracked anyway.) I also have a complete '51 Mercury rear window with surrounding metal to use.

I don't want to hardtop my car, but I'm thinking about using the hardtop roof and the hardtop windshield to fix my chop. Can someone take this picture of this Skyliner (not mine, found it on the web, but it's a nice clean side shot) and add door pillars and quarter window frames from a coupe/sedan to it without altering the roofline or roof height? Also can we put the '51 Mercury rear window in it?

I hope that makes sense. I always assumed I would buy another 2 door sedan roof and redo the chop that way but now I'm wondering if I can just use the Skyliner roof and windshield without making the car into a hardtop.

skylinerpostchop.jpg

kiwijeff, Sancho and Peanut 1959 like this.
  6. DaveH_RRTX

DaveH_RRTX

You sir have some skills! Thanks very much this helps a lot. Dave

themoose likes this.
  7. Squablow

Squablow

Thanks Moose, looks factory, I like it. I think I'm going to make this my new plan. It will be much simpler this way and uses pieces I already have. Great to be able to see it before cutting though.

8. Squablow

Squablow

I did a quick and dirty using Moose's rendering to see it with a thinner C pillar and I think this is the version I want to shoot for. It was easy to try once Moose had all the pieces in place.

pillarsaddedshortened.jpg

kiwijeff, Sancho and themoose like this.
  9. madfish

madfish

10. Thanks!

11. Thank you!

12. Rand Man

Rand Man

Okay, more 53 Ford grill ideas. I like this green one with the 55 Plymouth grille. I would like to add the stock 53 Ford bullet the center of the Plymouth grill bar. I think it could handle larger Dagmars on the Bumper (like 56 Packard). [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

56longroof and 509garyd like this.
  13. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

This is Chaz's 53 Ford Ranchwagon Woody, We did a whole build thread on it. Took another top stainless piece and the adjoining sheet metal , flipped it over, and molded in under the center bar.

upload_2017-5-10_22-6-50.png

kiwijeff and 509garyd like this.
  14. madfish

madfish

15. Rand Man

Rand Man

16. Rand Man

Rand Man

[​IMG]

I have this idea to use 57 Chevy front fender eyebrows on the 53 Ford. I think it could turn out like this 57 Ford (which I don't think is completely stock). Would someone want to tackle this?

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  17. Something like this? (found it on Rik's site)
    JoeGutgsell1952FordRCFeb5705-vi.jpg

18. A quick one...

hl.jpg

19. Rand Man

Rand Man

Looks good, thanks. I think I had a little more separation in mind. This is a better view of the custom 57 Ford. It cleans up the bug-eyed look.

I will probably go with my first choice anyway. The 56 Ford has the same headlights as the Thunderbirds (I think). It would have been more popular choice for Ford lovers at the time. [​IMG][​IMG]

509garyd and Sancho like this.
  20. Hey photoshoppers. If anyone's up for a challenge would you please clean up my RPU? I'm going for a very dark green (almost black) with pinstriping outlining the panels. I want to use the wheels/hubcaps I have but paint the wheels black with wide whitewalls. Also could you add a louvered aluminium hood please. I have added a photo of a model A done in a similar style.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  21. I love the color of that 31 Roadster.
    It was in one of the pic threads, from a show a few months back.
    Gotter be owned by a Hamber.

fuzzybear likes this.
  22. Flamed48

Flamed48

Could see the slots on the nova please

Attached Files:

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thats what makes Photoshop fun; when someone can't tell if your work is real or not.

themoose, Squablow and 509garyd like this.
  24. @fuzzybear
    Something different that you don't see every day plus you know I like Chevy's;) ....Will make a great project.

rpu.jpg

Ned Ludd, kiwijeff, deadbeat and 8 others like this.
  25. Holy crap! That looks awesome, I was going to run cycle fenders on the front. But I think I may have to hunt for some decent front fenders. Thanks man.

26. wheels.jpg

27. singledownloop

singledownloop

I am modifying my pv544 to look like a miniature 48 ford sedan.Can someone section it 2" for me.Pic is not my actual car. volvo_pv544_01.jpg

28. Hard to see the difference...

1.jpg

29. singledownloop

singledownloop

Did you section it right below upper chrome trim?Maybe section it 3" ?Thanks for the help.