Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features A bit of So Cal Down Under

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, May 11, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

A bit of So Cal Down Under

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. flamingokid

flamingokid

The simple life,it's a beautiful thing.

3. Great video, cool dude, cool-ass car. I'm always amazed at the vibrant hot rod culture down under.

mgtstumpy and lothianwilly71 like this.
  4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

A cool and all, but how did he get the missing front shocks past his engineering certificate??

deadbeat, Tim and mctim64 like this.

5. Cool video & cool AV8! Thanks for posting...

6. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

Man id love to find something like that. Very cool. Thank you for sharing this.

7. CokerArt@yahoo.com

[email protected]

Very cool video. Love that A-bone!

8. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

nice car but not "legally" on the road here in the condition shown in the vid :) there are various ways to get round "sort of legally" for short periods............

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Ross is a great guy and very talented. Couple of pics from our river city Reliability Run.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great story & ride - some suspension work and a shorter seat would make the ride even better

12. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

Nice car......I like the one intersection he went thru with all the "burnout" rubber marks.... Mark

13. Billylando

Billylando

I don't agree with cars being sold into other countries. I know its the sellers right to do with there car as they please. But its making it harder to find good steel cars in America. People are having to rely on reproduction bodies. Seems like its always about some one trying to make a dollar on our culture. It shouldn't always be about the dollar.

14. Billylando

Billylando

What a waste of good henry ford steel. I don't agree with people selling cars over seas or into other countries. This stuff is getting harder to find. And these people who are into only for the money are really hurting this hobby. Seems like if you want a steel car these days the only options are reproductions.

15. So the only ones who are allowed to have hotrods are people in the states?

16. CadMad

CadMad

Yeah Billylando. Those bloody Aussies have no rights spending their hard earned piss weak Aussie dollars, buying your cars, bringing them over here and having fun like they own them.

17. Its a big world, so long as no one is harmed physically or whatever and treats the seller fairly its caveat emptor or something like that.........andyd

LOU WELLS likes this.
  18. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

been a few cars go to the states from here , were not crying about it too much even though it means its harder to find good steel cars in Australia. Some are having to use those horrid (?) steel repo things from Brookville, all that no rust and no panel damage is just terrible to have to deal with o_O

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  19. Drylake

Drylake

Quick wind back the clock and stop Henry from exporting fords...... Cool little clip!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

thommoina33 and Texas36 like this.
  20. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Wow??? Sold my Aussie built 33 phaeton to Sweden, I'm glad it's gone to a person who'll enjoy and look after the car. Countless times overseas buyers, including myself buy, sometimes inadvertently, the rusted junk that you guys won't touch. In the 70's many open Aussie cars left our shores for the states, it's just the way it was.
    Maybe opening your eyes, appreciating what hot rodders are doing around the world and seeing the enjoyment it brings might'n be such a bad thing.

21. Neat li'l roadster, thanks for the clip. Now that we have had our fun with all the cars that were not made here, I am organizing a big ship to send them all back. They must all go back in the condition they arrived.

22. 3 posts since you joined and two are on this thread, crawl back under your rock. Many 30s-70s Australian vehicles have been sent to the US over the years, we don't bitch and moan about that. You rant about a few thousand cars out of production totalling millions, as comparison Australian production of the time would be in the tens of thousands.

xppetey66 likes this.
  23. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Wonder what "Billylando" does for money??? Wonder what he's hurting???

24. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

IMO... I would rather see an Aussie make a rod from thin tin, than see a Yank building a vintage roundy round from them...
    ... hot rods > roundies...

25. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

LMFAO ... is like saying US americans can't eat tacos hahahaha. Love the aussie enthusiasm for cars.

drylakespeedshop and CadMad like this.
  26. Check your facts.

I know a guy who sold 3 Australian 32 roadsters to the U.S.
    A past AMBR winner used an Australian deuce roadster body.
    There is a build on here by an American, using and Australian 32 tub.
    And where do you think Dick Scritchfield's deuce tub came from?

And these are only the ones I know of.

Not to mention the various Aussie utes owned by HAMB members and others in the U.S.

Like I say, check your facts.

27. choptop4

choptop4

I just went to the Street Rod Nats there. Had a great time. My friend is one of the first hot rodders in oz. He singed a lot of autographs. Saw some sheds full of 32s. American & Aussie cars.

Attached Files:

28. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

shhhhhhh ............... nothing to see down here, no old cars, nothing.......no beer or attractive women........nothing ;)

CadMad, Outback and clem like this.
  29. clem

clem

Would you like us all to stop supporting your economy by not buying after market parts from your country also........
    Seems to be the way the world works.
    Not just 'your' culture only, fwiw, both my cars were originally built in Canada, imported new to New Zealand.
    Then we turned them into hot rods!

Last edited: May 18, 2017