Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung @ Reynolds, GA OCT.21,2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I knew if we stirred the pot hard enough the shit would float to the topo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

els, loudbang and stealthcruiser like this.
  2. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Yes, it's floats to the top so it can look you in the eyes, Y'Old Bastard! :D

els, loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  3. Hey Chuck, how's the cool car situation down there brother? Any old American iron floating around?

els and loudbang like this.
  4. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Coupla' old Ford pickups around the area, and what I think is an International pickup, sitting on a property, as well as what looks like a full fendered Diamond Reo transport truck.

els and GAOldsman like this.
  5. Well at least there are a few cool ones down there. :cool:

els likes this.
  6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Went to car show in Barnesville yesterrday in the '40 and found Jimmy Whitley there. We talked awhile and he said the big grill for RWYB no problem.

7. Whelp a little update on the '35 Dodge Coupe. I set the timing at 35* all in, changed the 710, finished up the driveshaft loop, changed the transmission bullet and she is now roadworthy. Didn't get to shake off the cobwebs yet due to possible afternoon t-storm.

Bro-in-law turns 50 tomorrow so I'll have to wait a bit longer before I unleash the Hoodlum. o_O

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad to hear you got the Hoodlum going.:cool:
    Now I'm the one with problems. Put the '40 in the garage and brought BGII to the shop, and started getting her ready for SIM and later, RWYB. Removing the new plugs and installing the ones I had taken out fixed my misfirng troubles, so I decided to install a new set I had gotten that were the same plug as far as heat range, nose projection, and reach of threads, but without the resistor.
    Did that and piddled around on a bit of other stuff, then realized that the gas in her was the same gas I put in last Oct:eek:, as the car had been in the garage untouched since I returned from my debacle @ RWYB'16:oops:Weather was nice, so I decided to ride a while to burn out the old gas, plus see how the engine sounded now.
    Engine runs great, but I'm detecting slippage in the clutch, so I've gotta check that out and correct before SIM if possible, but I'm sure to get it before RWYB. With the bite of my new slicks, that clutch ain't gonna hold on the stripo_O
    Always something, never ends, but hell, if it was easy, every 79 year old would be doing it.:D

9. Get on it doggonnit!

10. Whelp I had a successful 1st trip in the Hoodlum. There is a little more fine tuning needed but she's running strong. Had to put 2.5 gallons of 10% ethanol 93 octane in to get me to Perry, then I put another 12 gallons of ethanol free 93 octane in and cruised around a bit. Now she needs a bath to wash off a years worth of dust. :eek:

11. IMG_0271.JPG And just like that cobwebs gone :cool:

C Crews, els, 48fordnut and 4 others like this.
  12. loudbang

loudbang

All spiffed up for Race/Date night LOL. :)

13. butchcoat1969

butchcoat1969

els, GAOldsman and loudbang like this.
  14. Thank you kindly. She's a good thirty footer :D

15. Back to the Top for me amigos

dom SIM.jpg

16. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Best event of the year!!! Cannot wait to get there. SIM is close second, Good to see all you SFCC'ers this weekend.

els, GAOldsman, Tudor and 1 other person like this.
  17. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Got the fastest speed trophy worked out on paper, will be at the shop next month getting it done. All good here. anyone have any 16 '' 40 ford type wheels?

els, Floater03 and GAOldsman like this.
  18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jim, are you wanting the wheels for trophy or some in condition for actual use?

els likes this.
  19. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Actual use Dave. Trophy won't be THAT big. LOL

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I have a few people I can ask that may have some wheels, how many you need, and what width?

els likes this.
  21. chopped

chopped

what's SIM ?

els likes this.
  22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Skip, it's Steel in Motion, held last weekend at Union SC drag strip. Do a search and you'll be amazed at all you find, it's a blast! I call it Woodstock for hotrodders:cool::):rolleyes:o_Oo_O

els, loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  23. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Optimally I would like 2 16x4, and 2 16x4.5.But would take most any combo of 5x 5.5 with the nubs inside. need to be pretty decent wheels.
    Thanks,
    jim

els likes this.
  24. I hate I missed SIM again this year. :( But there's a time and place for everything and this wasn't my time and that wasn't the place this go round. :(

Hey speaking of SIM. Who was the lucky feller on the tailgate? Kinda looked like someone slipped him a mickey o_O :D

25. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

You are showing your age DOM. But I remember it like it was yesterday.

26. Have you got all the bugs worked out on that way cool roadster yet Woody? Sorry I haven't been keeping up lately. Can't wait to see everybody. Hopefully I'll get down to Reynolds soon and make a test hit or three. :cool:

els likes this.
  27. You know, just thinking out loud here, but with the new track owner and all, I've been thinking. I know, I know Chuck you don't have to say it :rolleyes: :D

Anywho we run heads up and run whoever we want, so why don't we see about running a flag start and make a showing at say 30 minutes each hour and on every hour between 1 and 3 pm. That way we don't sit in the staging lanes for God knows how long and we would know when we run exactly.

We can't hear the announcements where we set up and I thought the flag starts would generate more participants. I know insurance would be an issue, but I thought of that too. Have a brave track official do the flagged starts on the island before the tree.

Booyah! He or she points at each car to make sure they are ready with a nod and then raises the flag to go. Hopefully the tower can figure out the trap lights on the big end. :confused: Thoughts?

els, loudbang and Floater03 like this.
  28. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

We did this in the Southern Slingshots. Was a crowd fav.

29. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hi Scot,
    Not sure we ever get "all the bugs" out of these old things. Drove up to Union for SIM and motor and trans ran great. By the time I was home I could not get the door latch to work on driver side. Oh and drove through a monsoon rain storm without door windows or rear window, but had a soft top that leaked at the windshield both on top and bottom,. It was fun!! Hope to see you and the purple flyer in Reynolds

els, GAOldsman and loudbang like this.
  30. I'll be there, with the old J Bird!!! Can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.