Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. What about this here early Vette convertible? IMG_2202.JPG

2. I see a 59 Chevy also. In the picture with the black bubble top Chevy.

3. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

The '59 behind the '61 is the same one in the other picture. Didn't look at the Vette on the trailer. It is probably getting work done on it by the shop just outside the frame of that picture. I think they do a lot of classic Chevy stuff, I go to the shop next to it, so don't know that guy.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  4. I know where a collection of kinda rough 55 chevy cars are at. Two are 2 door wagons one a 2 dr sedan and a 4 door. The guy wants $3500 cash for the lot. He will not sell them separate or sell even a flake of paint off of one of them. When I looked at them I decided to buy them. But the owner would not take a check. So I went and got the cash. and was fixing to go get them. Then I simply changed my mind. decided I didn't need them and liked my cash better. I still have the cash and the cars are still there. I think it would take a farm tractor & a trailer and a chainsaw to get them out. they are 50 miles from my place. If I get the chance I will take pictures.

5. VTjunk

VTjunk

20170416_170615.jpg
    Spotted these over the weekend.

20170416_165925.jpg
    20170416_165947.jpg

6. VTjunk

VTjunk

20170416_174320.jpg
    What's left of this 55 Chevy looks better than some I've seen people sell as projects.

7. t-rod

t-rod

A couple near me.[​IMG][​IMG]

Bad decisions make good stories.

8. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Is the 57 4 door hardtop a BelAir? Or a 210? It's a good thing that it's so far away. Otherwise, I'd be asking if it was for sale. LOL.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I'll bet it had the good rear end too. DSCN2945.JPG

10. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

What's the 'good' rear end in a '73-74 Nova? The good Nova rear end was the 12 bolt that I believe stopped being put in them in '71.

11. t-rod

t-rod

Judging by the impression in the "paint", I'd guess a Belair. I haven't talked to the people whose house the car is sitting at.

Bad decisions make good stories.

12. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Not everyone wants a 12 inch, the 8.5 is still pretty popular but getting harder to find.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  13. Here's some sitting and rotting, but will be coming to my place to sit and rot once the ground dries up a bit for me to pick them up.

Attached Files:

14. That 1929 Dodge Brothers DA6 sedan looks like a good prospect.

15. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I would love to have it, Whats the story on it?

16. Toqwik

Toqwik

You our west guys rock. In Florida, that would be nothing but some tires and head scratching. You don't find that stuff round here.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

I hope in the intervening 7 yrs someone has saved the '34 tudor and '35-6 2 door sedans![​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  18. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Is this your '32 sedan?
    [​IMG]

19. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

[​IMG]

found this thread and picking my way through a bit at a time ....I really need some follow up stories on some of these!!

I don't "hate" guys who park old cars on THEIR land and forget about them, why shouldn't they? They should have every right and NOBODY god or government should be able to say different
    As much as I'd love to I don't hate junkyard owners either (except those who seemed to enjoy building them beside waterways:mad:)....they do it for the money and why shouldn't they? there is enough waste and abandonment in this world that we virtually NEED people to follow around after us and clean up our mess
    Without these two groups of people most of us wouldn't even have our classics, antiques, hot rods and customs!
    My one issue with the "hoarding" or saving of old cars is after about the 5 year mark of sitting isn't it then reasonable to rethink your plan and do something to preserve the car? ie: get it up off the ground, get that stupid tarp off it and put it UNDERNEATH, build a small shelter, or wire a piece of tin over it?? anything....
    I always think that of old buildings and abandoned houses too....a simple tin roof would have saved some of these beautiful old wooden building for not much effort or money....
    It's the savage neglect that gets under my skin

20. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

[​IMG][​IMG]
    A couple artsy fartsy pics of the parts car 54 when it was at my grandfathers farm about 10 years ago.

21. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

[​IMG]
    The 54 Chevy that I am building now. Where it sat at my grandfathers farm for about 20 years.

22. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Finally stopped and took a pic of this olds.
    It's been sitting here my entire life and up until recently the yard was overgrown. They cleaned up all the overgrown trees and bushes and planted grass to sell the house but haven't touched the car.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Now is the time to ask, if you are interested. The good stuff is probably in the barn,asking about the olds may get you in the door to find out about those too.

Cooon, chryslerfan55 and gonmad like this.
  25. scotts52

scotts52

Yep. You best jump on that right. I've had too many "one of these days I'm gonna ask" into a "where'd the car go? Thought it'd always be here waiting for me"

26. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

[​IMG] did you get it?
    did you get it?

b-bop what is this cool coupe??? look at the swoopy frame rails this thing is awesome wonder if it's still there after 5 years? mystrycoupe.jpg mystrycoupe2.jpg

27. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Nailhead A-V8, that '35 5 window I posted was completely rusted out on the left side, you can see it in the pic below the first one. Apparently it had spent a good amount of time lying on it's side. That said, that whole yard got crushed out several years ago, some kind of dispute between the owners. Sucks because there was some cool shit in that yard.....

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  28. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Thanks for the follow up....1 less '35 5 W:(....unless someone with a rusted out pass. side got it:p