Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 31 Model A Hot Rod restoration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1927graham, Nov 24, 2013.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Fits right in there nicely

1947knuck and 1927graham like this.
  2. 51box

51box
    from MA

Nice job on the garage. Question on your induction, how exactly do you have those 94's set up? Are you running power valves? What jets etc? Thanks

1927graham and loudbang like this.
  3. Concerning the carbs, I'm using the front and rear carbs (4), not using the middle ones. I believe they came with a 7.6 -Hg power valves, I changed them to maybe 5.5's, not sure without taking them apart, was told to block them off, that didn't work. I've got extra power valves of different sizes if you need any, can't remember the jets off hand, next time I go through the carbs I'll make note. I have used Charlie Price, Vintage Speed for parts and recommend him: http://vintagespeed.com/

loudbang likes this.
  4. brg404

brg404
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She needs some friends to keep her company:)

loudbang and 1927graham like this.
  5. 19indian

19indian
    from minnesota

1927graham likes this.
  6. Still look'in for another project, maybe a Morris Minor, would love to find a Topolino that needed to be rebuilt!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  7. tray502

tray502
    from washington

Wow. Just an all around great build and done right!!

Blue One and 1927graham like this.
  8. Note to self - hardboard my garage, just like Craig's. Looks great!:)

9. Thanks Tray, appreciate your thoughts.

10. Hi Chuck, I used 3/8" T1-11 siding for the inner walls w/2 coats of paint before installing, they make a real strong structure to hang stuff, right over the drywall. This small shop has worked out real well for this old guy, always good to hear from you.

Chucky and loudbang like this.
  11. oj

oj

You sure know how to trigger the 'envy' gene in us! Fantastic!

12. Aw come on, I'm just an old hot rodder, just had a birthday this week (72), seriously though, thanks for looking at this build, I appreciate your comments.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. Concerning the Holley 94 jets, I'm running .51's, they seem to work well, I'm still chasing the power valve sizes, taking the carbs apart today again, I can work on them blindfolded I think!

loudbang and Jet96 like this.
  14. 51box

51box
    from MA

Thanks for that, so you are basically running them with all of their original functions? I have a 425 nailhead and will be running 6 94's so I'm just trying to get familiar with different approaches.

15. I've got 11,000 miles on the 322 these last 2 years using 4.5 power valves, the engine stumbled a little around 1,000 to 2,000 rpms, thought I'd try to get that out so I've been trying different power valves, today I ordered from Charlie Price (Vintage Speed) 4-5.5 valves, I think that will do it. There are so many variables to consider, in my case I'm now using a 3.08 rear gear with the TH350 tranny, I don't build the rpms around town that the engine wants so it's been a challenge to get it right. Yes, I'm am using their original functions. If I can be any help in the future, just ask, oh, buy the way, I'm using the extra thick gaskets sold by Vintage Speed, they work great and stop any leaks that would be there with the original thin gaskets.
    Craig

loudbang likes this.
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The garage looks really nice.
    I'm hoping that my last move to Vancouver island when I retire will be as good.

You set the bar high ;) :cool:
    Larry

loudbang and 1927graham like this.
  17. Hi Larry:
    Yeah, the garage/shop is going to serve this old guy well, wish it were larger but this is the way it is, happy with the results. I'm now in the process of acquiring a car I built in 1971-72, you can view the car in the thread "Your wildest street cars", that will fill my garage up, excited about the prospect!

loudbang and Chucky like this.
  18. grumpy65

grumpy65

Hey @1927graham. Just finished reading about your build. Amazing result. Has become an inspiration for a build I hope to start soon.
    Found info on rear wheels and tires but nothing about the front. Could you provide details/sizes please.
    Steve.

19. The fronts are Rocket Launcher wheels, 15” x 5” with 165/80R radials, wheels are from Newstalgia, recommended seller. I spent big bucks for bias/ply Corker tires and they handled lousy, never again.

loudbang likes this.
  20. grumpy65

grumpy65

@1927graham
    Thanks for your reply. So overall diameter of tire would be 25.4 inches (645mm). Is that correct?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  21. Yep

loudbang likes this.
  22. grumpy65

grumpy65

Thanks again. Sorry to round you up on this 12 months after the last post on your thread. Glad to get hold of you and the info. I hope you are well and driving the wheels off your ride, and I hope your grandsons appreciate and enjoy it when it is their turn. What a great gesture and legacy for them. Well done !!!!!

23. Glad to help, Facebook me and you’ll see my next car I’m just finishing up, 70 Camaro funny car. Craig Cochran

kidcampbell71, Chucky and loudbang like this.
  24. Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  25. loudbang

loudbang

26. Today I picked up my 8 yr old grandson Grady at school, he sure likes hot rods, that’s so cool! [​IMG]
    g2.jpg g1.jpg

27. vanherrb

vanherrb

awesome build pops,,,and a inspiration for the young man.....
    A+ grade

28. johnod

johnod

I love that truck.

29. loudbang

loudbang

All the kids say "Man you have the coolest grandpop around"

30. I found it amusing that Grady didn't know how to roll down his window, had never seen a window crank before, love these guys!
    kids.jpg

brEad, chryslerfan55, greaser and 3 others like this.