Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2017 Western Street Rod Nationals, Bakersfield. My Mysterion will be there!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Apr 24, 2017.

1. On a whim I contacted the NSRA about asking a big vendor like PARR if they might want to display my Mysterion clone in their booth at the event at the Bakersfield fairgrounds this weekend. NSRA responded that they would give me my own booth to display it! God Willing, I will have it there so if you are in the neighborhood and would like to see it in person, stop by the show.
    IMG_7436.JPG

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. I'll be at the show this weekend and I'll definitely be stopping by your booth.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

I'll be there and will stop by to meet you and see it !!

4. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

will you have any books for sale there ?

5. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Looking forward to seeing it. They should have no problem giving you a booth as there are very few vendors any more except quilts that is.

hotrodtodd1960 likes this.
  6. That's what I gather. I contacted Yearwood about joining their booth, always a power vendor in years past, and they said they no longer do shows. I haven't been to the Nationals in several years due to real life getting in the way and to the shine coming off the apple a bit by allowing in Yugos , VWs, & Vegas.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  7. Wish I was closer. I'm sure you will have some good stories after the event. :)

8. Bummer. Went to pick up the trailer and they wouldn't hook it to my bumper hitch, needs a chassis hitch. Never had that problem before. Can't get the car there so won't be going to the show.

9. trad27

trad27

Damn... For once I had a reason to be excited to go for more than the yugos and plastic '32's. Oh well. What other shows locally do you normally make it to? Would love to see it in person.

10. I have never taken it anywhere. Not into the show scene and have no clue how to do that stuff. I contacted the NSRA on a whim last Wednesday and was shocked when they said I could have a booth. Hustled around to get ready, had a couple $hundred worth of nifty signs printed up to do the car justice then last evening when I went to pick up the trailer, the rental place dropped this reg on me. No time for plan B, had to have the car in the booth this morning. Send me a PM and I will give you my address, just come by my shop and see it.

blackbeard40 likes this.
  11. Just to prove I am not a troll, here are a couple shots of my prep for the show. First shows a couple of the signs I had printed and spent several evenings making stands and second shows the fiberglass pattern and mold I made for the nose pod that I was going to display on a table with a promotion for my book. Spent a couple hundred $$ getting ready. Maybe next year!
    IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

hotrodtodd1960 and Kan Kustom like this.
  12. oldolds

oldolds

Step up and get a guy with a rollback to haul it for you. Everyone in the car clique should have a friend that will do it cheap. What the heck he will get paid to get into the place.

13. I don't ask for help. Can't bring myself to do that.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  14. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

I looked but did not find the Mysterion....

15. exterminator

exterminator

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

17. Read the thread above. At the last minute the rental company refused to rent me the trailer (which I had rented several times before with the same truck) because it only had a bumper hitch, not a hitch package. I didn't have a plan B so had to cancel the appearance.

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

at one time or another we all need help with something

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

time for a real hitch on your truck. got mine for 5 bucks at a garage sale. had to make some adjustments with a sawzall and my welder, after that it fit like a glove.

20. Ordered one on ebaY. Should be here Wednesday.

21. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Damn, that's too bad. Believe me there was enough space for you in the buildings. One building was half full of beds, if that don't beat all. Maybe next year like you say.

22. My heart aches that I couldn't pull this off. Home town, I hear they were really hurting for exhibits, and I want everyone to feel the thrill I get whenever I see the car. I spent 2 years in dedicated effort, 40 years in planning and collecting parts and should be sick of it but I still get the thrill. For sure next year. I just came up with the thought a few days before the show and didn't have time to get it together. Anyone in Calif who would like to stop by my house and see it, drop me a PM and we can set it up.