Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Deuce Days 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitnessguy, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Just read a post from Canadian Hot Rods Magazine on their Facebook page that says Deuce Days 2019 has been announced as a go!! Haven't had the chance to go so super stoked to hear this. My coupe will be long done so count me in!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

LOU WELLS, Stllrng. and bct like this.
  2. Did it say where it would be held?

Mick

3. 2019?~ Don't you I think they are getting a little ahead of themselves? :rolleyes: HRP

4. Can we get through 2017 first??? LOL

DeLuxe 32 likes this.

5. They only do "Deuce Days" every 3 years.

Mick

Cooon and Fitnessguy like this.
  6. Ok,now it makes sense. HRP

Scooterville likes this.
  7. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

One of the super-premier events in North America. People come from all over the world...literally

Pewsplace likes this.
  8. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Up here in the PNW we're a LONG drive away from anywhere else, hence the excitement when we have something great in our own backyard.

9. It will be held in Victoria, same locale as previous DD's NW, which is Al Clarke's hometown...........his email also mentioned registration for 2019 event will start in 2018..........as to comment on being a "premier" event, the entry list for 2016 event was FULL at 1,100 entries at least 9 months before event took place in July 2016.......hotel accom's were not far behind and tough to get............

10. Thanks for the info, there was some talk about it moving and Al not being a part of it after 2016 show.

Mick

11. AWESOME!!!!!

12. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the information. I had heard it wasn't going to be held in Victoria also. Glad Al worked that out. Super Event for any kind of car not only Deuces!!!

13. Best show on the planet!! Count me in!

14. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Thats good news!

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My buddy and I came from here and drove across Canada to attend. Would love to attend again in our cars, damn cost prohibitive. Well worth it IMHO.

16. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

The 2016 event was supposed to be their last . I'm happy to hear that Al and his helpful crew along with the tourism committee has decided to once again put on the best show in the Pacific Northwest .

willysguy and lurker mick like this.
  17. On your "super event for any kind of car" comment...........participants drive their hot rods from far & wide and the past 2 events in 2013 & 2016 really impressed me with the "spectators only" crowd, driving some incredible cars, who also drove long distances just to mingle & look..........plus all the cruising going on was awesome........too bad the city streets are so frickin rough..........

HemiDeuce and Pewsplace like this.
  18. We attended last year - EXCELLENT!!!!!! So glad to hear it's on again

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. been there done that & the only way to get there is by boat. I parked on the lawn of the Empress hotel. Great show might have to do it again. victoria BC duece day.jpg

20. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

So when and how do I register?

21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

22. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

FYI, Registration is open online now.

23. Wow! 350 are already registered of the 1200 available! I'll be there!

24. brady1929

brady1929

Don't be a hoser, EH!

25. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

26. billthx138

billthx138

Registered, web site lists only 801 registrations left until its a full event.

27. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Bringing this thread from the past, but deuce days virgin here.

I’m registered and have a room booked for a couple of nights, just wondering if it’s worth getting there early? I’m not talking whale watching or whatever packages were available with the registration, any shop tours or other cool stuff going on?
    I have a room booked for the Saturday/Sunday Just wondering if it’s worth the expense of a longer stay in Victoria?
    How early does one need to book a ferry, I heard registrations are filling up.

What are your plans?

redo32 likes this.
  28. redo32

redo32

For us Americans, Victoria is like visiting a semi exotic foreign land, so we spend a little more time sightseeing. The ferry from Port Angeles is filled up for Thursday, but you will probably come through Vancouver that has two BC ferries that land in Sidney and Nanimo. They usually save a little space for standby and 3 years ago our buddy who didn't make reservations early, and was on standby, was the last one on our ship. The wives are going whale watching, so the guys will probably go out the College to watch the dyno tests. The poker run was fun and they feed you hot dogs. Pretty country if you're from the prairie side. I don't remember any info about local shops or shop tours. Don't spend the money for the banquet, just the mayor and a bunch of guys patting each other on the back. Neat resort, but better food in town. Check some tourist web sites & see if there is anything there that interests you, the Museum is pretty neat. Have fun, see you there.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    HemiDeuce and Fry like this.
  29. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Great info thanks! I don’t remember if the poker run was a sign up thing, or much info on it. Were you supposed to sign up for it at registration, or is it a show up thing? The dyno at the college, I’m assuming is also just something you show up to? I have no illusions of finding out how little power my 327 makes haha, but probably would be neat to check out.

30. If you have never been to Victoria before, it is a beautiful city with lots to see. Spend as much time as you can there.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.