Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What to do with stickers from car shows?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eric Crow, Apr 21, 2017.

1. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I have been trying to figure out what to do with the 100's of dash plaques I have collected since the 70's and I like what Frank Carey has done with his. Great way to display your collection.

Frank Carey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

IMG_0793.jpg IMG_0794.jpg Stickers I put on bulk oil cans, I have a rag, trash and air hose can. I use tops of chrome air cleaners with a knob for a cover. Dash plaques I put on the metal side garage door. Might as well use them for something.

DOCWHIT and loudbang like this.
  3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I recall scraping off the 'ISCA' decals the promoters forced us as 'displayers' ('players'?) to put on their inside windshields.
    I asked Blackie where his was the last Grand Nat'l he had the Shish Kebob in. Large grin..."Ain't color coordinated!"
    Also conspicuously missing from his cousin Chuckie Krikorian's 'Emperor'...

loudbang likes this.
  4. Ft.ValloniaStreaker

Ft.ValloniaStreaker

Jnaki, sorry for the confusion I just took it for granted that everyone would recognize what the picture was of. It's a Harley Davidson 3 wheeled golf cart. I was having a hard time matching that wonderful hue of green, so I covered some scratches with stickers, it just seemed like the thing to do...... image.jpg

5. deucemac

deucemac

Having most non-motorized or slow moving things in my garage, plus riding mowers, roto - tillers, wagons, and wheel barrows decorated with stickers, I decided to do what the son of a close friend did for his dad at the father's funeral. Russ had done like many of us an either actively or by goodie bag, collected acres of stickers. So, I have decided to follow suit and have my son's do for me what Russ' son did for him. As the funeral ended, guests were asked to please file past the casket if they wished to pay their last respects. Just before the casket was a big box FULL of hot rod stickers. Guests were encouraged to select a sticker or two and plaster them anywhere they wanted, on the casket. Russ' casket when from a run of the mill casket to to a rootin' tootin', personalized hot rodders last ride and put many a smile on everyone's face to! It was indeed a thing of beauty as it was loaded in he hearse and as it was lowered into the ground. I am sorry I didn't take pictures. But, if you are a real hot rodder to the bone, I can't think of a better send off, can you? My kids and friends are all for it and my wife is slowly getting used to the idea. Get a box and start saving those special stickers!

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I hope this is the INSIDE view of the door; if it's not, at least change your hinge orientation. If mounted "out", all that has to be done to break in, is push the hinge pins out. The door reinforcement at the latch does nothing in case the hinge pins can be pushed out. As far as stickers and such, I use them to decorate the garbage can, like someone else has. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. flynstone

flynstone

Harley golf cart

8. flynstone

flynstone

I have one , when you put it in reverse everything goes backwards.....starter , generator, motor

9. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Wurger likes this.
  10. boltupal

boltupal
    from western ny

Car and hot rod RUN stickers i display proudly on the car. Car shows are for pussies .

iwanaflattie likes this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

Hey FVS,
    I am sorry that my old eyes and the angle of my laptop showed a dark background. The bright green paint looked like a customized, child's safety booster seat. Any offensive connections was not intended. The quotes: "kids...stickers"... stuck out in the old brain as a fully customized seat.

When I moved the angle of my laptop back and forth (just today), the photo became clear and I realized my mistake. I blame it on what my wife calls..."old, need glasses, stubborn guy" eyesight. She has worn glasses most of her life, but recently, has commented that I need glasses. I probably do and will look into it.
    Thanks,
    Jnaki
    Your cart looks very cool and would be a blast to ride around, everywhere. Only a hot rodder would use a Moon Tank. upload_2017-4-27_8-20-57.png

12. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Eric Crow likes this.
  13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Back of my van.

14. ....................Tell us how you really feel.:D

Wurger and lothianwilly71 like this.
  15. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Man oh man, there's one in every crowd. Lost your copy of "How To Win Friends and
    Influence People"?

16. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

"What to do with unwanted decals"? Be the kool older guy in the neighborhood and give them to
    the kids that are around. The same thing with photo handouts from the drag strip.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They seem to show up in goody bags at events in the PNW. My tool box has it's share of them. When I was teaching auto mechanics the kids always knew when I had been to a car show because there were decals on a shelf in my office along with the occasional can of wax I got as a door prize with one or the other of my primered rides. They usually made good use of the the wax.

Wurger and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. I honestly don't know where all the sticker are,I would think if I started looking for them I would find a few on the shelf where the washer & dryer are,In a couple of old cigar boxes in my study and in the roll top desk,in the night stand beside the bed,still in the good bag where ever that is and on the work bench in the shop.

The only stickers I am aware of are on the door of my shop,LA roadster show,Deuce Run and a vintage Gene's hot rods sticker.

I have kept up with most of the dash plaques but they too are in cigar boxes.

Brenda has a vest with many show badges that is getting pretty heavy. HRP

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Tool boxes or the frig. I save space on my car (and I have far too many) for very special event or destination stickers, like national parks, auto museums, race tracks, etc. where I've been - and they are way cheaper than T-shirts. No free advertising on my car! Gary

20. You are what you eat!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. unkamort

unkamort

Holds up to 6 cases... PIC00002.jpg

22. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I dont have any more room for stickers on stuff in the shop so I give them to a co workers kid and any other kids. They like them and it pecks a interest in just what they are from. Wish I had a buck for every Summit sticker that came through the door!!

26 T Ford RPU and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

when selling at swap meets have some free stuff including stickers that come with purchases, etc - they go fast

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. jbsutton

jbsutton

25. My brother did the exact same thing. He "upholstered" the complete underside of his Morris Minor roof skin with them...looked really cool!

26. DOCWHIT

DOCWHIT

Please do not waste those stickers on kids!!!
    What to do is send them to me & we can work out a $ deal!! I'm a kid at heart with stickers!!
    I want any sticker anyone will send me!! Mike shopdoor.png

gnichols and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

My AMC heavy mother of a fucher to carry out of a basement, and Im near 60 YO.
    Decorated it a bit. But much more to go yet. 20190310_173804.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    26 T Ford RPU likes this.