Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oregon/Washington folks heading to Bonneville....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NVRRDUNN, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Looking for a group of cars traveling together to Bonneville from the Northwest coming down the I-5 corridor that we could tag along with. My son and I will be driving our highboy A-bone coupe pulling a teardrop, and would prefer to travel with others of like mind instead of solo-ing it. We have tools and spares. We live in Eugene and plan to leave early Thursday morning and travel to Winnemucca and stay overnight there, and make the last leg to Wendover on Friday morning. If you or you know of someone who is doing this....contact me here via message or email me at [email protected] Thanks. Steve and Aaron in Eugene. Cruizin'.....summer 2016.jpg

chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  2. Hopefully the salt and weather will be good. ( finally ). Nice coupe. Eugene was a cool town in the early 60s.

NVRRDUNN likes this.
  3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

We will be coming from the South,, but have a safe trip
    See you on the Salt

NVRRDUNN likes this.
  4. 1961 Poncho

1961 Poncho
    from Las Vegas

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

SpeedWeek - August 12th to the 18th

6. WE are leaving Thursday August 11. Speedweek is Aug 12 through 18

7. QUOTE "We live in Eugene and plan to leave early Thursday morning and travel to Winnemucca and stay overnight there, and make the last leg to Wendover on Friday morning." /QUOTE

Do I understand your route to be
    Eugene, OR to
    Winnemucca, NV to
    Wendover,UT to
    Bonneville,OR ?

8. THATS THE PLAN...we usually go from Eugene over the Willamette pass to HWY 97, then south to Chiloquin, take the Sprague River cut off then go to Lakeview, then east to Denio, then south to Winnemucca. There are other options of course....Eugene to Bend to Burns to Hines, then south through Malhuer county to McDermitt then to
    Winnemucca....both routes after you leave Lakeview or Burns are desolate and have their own set of pro's and con's. Stay in Winnemucca overnight, then head to Wendover/Salt the next morning... YOU GOING? YOU FROM OREGON

9. I always take gas for the leg on 140 from Lakeview to Winnemucca because Denio can be closed with no warning. But the last time I drove it they'd put rest rooms about 1/2 way across..
    I'll never make that drive at night again! Holy shit! I saw more different kinds of animals and killed enough to make my white car red about 6 inches up from the rockers...

10. YUP....NO gas at all in Denio, take a 5 gal with ya to make it to Winny. Are you in OREGON, Rocky?

11. BUMP....If you're going let me know....

12. The road less traveled. Sounds like a winner. Super interesting trip and I hope you take and share lots of photos. EugeneToWindover.jpg

13. got rust2

got rust2

I'll be going down from up North, running a different route, and need to be in town for tech, so different schedule. Always a great trip, I've driven down the last few years in a 34 Ford, this year going to run a 1930's race car.

14. that is the route we plan to take. took it in 2013. Are you coming this trip?