Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else having problems with Patricks Antique Truck Parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ckemp03, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Ebbspeed

Ebbspeed

When I talked with Arias today they wouldn't agree to use the specs without Patricks OK. Didn't mention the thread though.

2. 5window

5window

Ah. A lot can happen in 15 years.

3. Spooky

Spooky

We at Dan's Classic Auto Parts have been waiting on three orders reaching back to early 2016. When my co-worker gives a call we are told that he Wayne parts are on back order. Still.

4. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In January of 2016, I walked into Patrick's, sat down with Patrick, gave him a long list of everything I needed and wanted to make sure it was all the right stuff. He told me it would be ready in three weeks so I continued My vacation and went back in three weeks. He greeted me like a long lost friend and then lifted the list off his desk where it was put three weeks earlier. I proceeded to give him shipping instructions back to New York state and asked him to let me know what I owed him ASAP and I would give him my Visa number at that time. Long wait.....I called him several times and then in April was told that they wouldn't do anything without my credit card, not even give me an price. Fool that I am, I gave him my number and then proceeded to call every week until the end of June at which time they shipped part of the order. What was missing was a water pump which I had paid for and they acknowledged. They drop shipped two oil pumps from Egge and asked me to send one back, they would reimburse me the shipping. At this point let me explain that I am in Ontario Canada and having anything shipped here from the US is an economic nightmare so I have everything shipped to a location just across the border in New York. I paid $25 to ship the oil pump back to Patrick's and they still owed me a $140 water pump. We have talked sporadically since but the calls heated up to several a week in January as I was going to the US to pick up a bunch of parts. I informed them of this a month in advance and was told by the son that he had one in stock and would ship it immediately. I called several days later to get a tracking number and was told by the secretary that it was still on the bench but would be shipped that night. When it didn't arrive, I called again and was told that they didn't have any in stock and that they would have it drop shipped. At this point they still had two weeks. There were at least four more calls and several shouting matches at which time Patrick's wife told me he was ill and that was what was weighing heavily on her causing the problem with my shipping. Well, now it is m March and I have no water pump or no refund of $165 and I get the impression that if we wait long enough, nothing will have to happen. This family is irresponsible if not corrupt and it's good they live in Arizona because it will get them used to the heat they will endure after death.

Warren

pat59 likes this.
  5. SimplyBagel

SimplyBagel

End of Feb 2017 I put in an order to Patrick's for about $800 worth of parts to upgrade a 235 i'm putting into my '53 210. As of today I've only received the mounting bracket for the new alternator, an ignition coil, and some weather stripping. Its frustrating because I am need to have this motor finished and installed by the end of June so i'm starting to get worried. I spoke with Patrick the other day and they said they are having back order issues and its not how they like to conduct their business but at this point I feel like I've been waiting way too long, compared to if I had just bought the same parts off eBay and would have had them a month ago

Anyone else still having these issues with them?

6. RMONTY

RMONTY

Tell ol' Patrick you need a refund and watch him start calling you "friend!" If you can get the parts you need from Tom Langdon I would sure go that route!

gas pumper likes this.
  7. 5window

5window

Hold up, Bucky! Six years of complaints about these crooks and you send them $800? If you have another $800 you don't need, please send me a PM and I'll send you my address. I think you'd best kiss that money goodbye and look for another source of parts, at least if you want to complete your 210 in this lifetime, or possibly, the next!
    Best of luck.

gas pumper likes this.
  8. SimplyBagel

SimplyBagel

I wasn't aware of there being an issue with them. Whenever I was researching out how to build up my 235, I kept seeing people mentioning Patrick's and how helpful they were. First time I called I talked to the lady on the phone for almost an hour about the best way to build up the engine and got a lot of good info. So when I decided to place my order I didn't have any reason to think I might get ripped off. Gonna do more research in the future before I buy parts from a place I don't know.

Anyone have any suggestions on other sites that sell aftermarket parts for building up a 235? Or should I just stick to eBay like I've done before.

Hudson31 likes this.
  9. Arominus

Arominus

I have to add a friend of mine to this list, ordered a fenton intake/header for his 235 and a few other bits. Been getting the run around from patricks. I told him to just do the chargeback.

Screw this guy.

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've ordered many sets of pistons from Arias for years all the way back to 1975 for all my 270/302 GMC's and You don't need any go between. Print out an order sheet and write what you need. They have all the cylinder head configurations and it's set by rod length and the distance between the top of the block and deck surface anyway. If your head is cut just tell them how much. Ross can do the same thing. Granted I live in So Cal and was was a personal friend of Nicks but that doesn't matter. Good Luck.

Hudson31 likes this.
  11. SimplyBagel

SimplyBagel

I spoke with my credit card company and I was still within the 60 to dispute the charge and will be getting my money back so that puts the mind at ease. Hopefully I can still get the engine finished by my deadline. Thanks for nothing Patrick's.

pat59, Hnstray and 5window like this.
  12. 5window

5window

Best of luck

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

What happened to that company,they were great to deal with 10 years ago but seem to be shitty now.

14. SimplyBagel

SimplyBagel

Has anyone done business with The Filling Station? They seem to have a lot of the parts I need and their Facebook page has a lot of positive reviews.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have used the Filling Station and good to deal with and I also used Chevs of the 40s,when ordering form those two I put in the order to not process the order and call me if anything is back ordered. I had issues with double shipping charges when back ordered parts finally arrive and the parts I really wanted were on back order and the other stuff I ordered to make it with shipping is what was in stock.

16. Chevs of the 40's have been good with my orders, they may have 235 stuff, but I have only bought trim bits from them. Thanks all for the "keep clear" of Patricks , it's bad enough when someone screws with you from the same continent, but when your'e at the arse end of the planet, it becomes an even more expensive and frustrating excercise.

17. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Doesn't seem they care about the company name carrying on ,so I would guess the end is close, what a shame.

18. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Filling Station has been top notch on all my dealings with them, both recent and many years past..

19. SimplyBagel

SimplyBagel

I ordered almost everything I needed from The Filling Station. Within half a day I had a tracking number and everything was on it's way.

farmalldan likes this.
  20. Larry Kampa

Larry Kampa

After calling the Casa Grande AZ police department, an officer there called Patrick's Antique Cars & Trucks on my behalf. The officer called me back and had spoken with Patrick about my parts problem. I called Patrick who was very apologetic and offered me a refund for my engine parts and said my differential parts would be sent. Time will tell how this works out. All I ever wanted was the parts ordered and/or some assurance of a delivery date.

21. intuitive iron

intuitive iron

100% criminal scumbags... Ordered my Ring and pinion set with install kit $800ish in January and all I've received is one lie after another. Used my debit card so it's like a 60 day ordeal to get your money back but thankfully it is possible. Change your credit card number ASAP after dealing with them. I talked to another guy and Patricks tried to charge his card again Five months later. I also filed a complaint with the Arizona attorney general's office. This can be done online through their website. Best of luck to all of you....Karma is a Bitch Patrick!!

22. Richard Nelsen

Richard Nelsen

Another, in the long list of Patrick's victims. He scammed me for $260.00 back on April 17, 2017, same scenario as all the rest. I suspect drugs as the culprit & would like to hear from others interested in exploring this through the Arizona justice system etc. attorney general & consumer protection agencies. His activities are illegal & need to be stopped for the good of the hobby. Would like to hear from you if willing to help.
    [email protected]

23. intuitive iron

intuitive iron

I will help if possible... He shouldn't be allowed to accept credit cards plain and simple. He's ripping people and using their service as a tool to do so....Him not being able to accept card payments would be a huge step in the right direction.

24. gearjammin43

gearjammin43

They are under investigation now, the complaints on here an google reviews and complaints to the better biz b. are off the rails they have been scamming for a long time, you be a fool to do biz with them, the Casa police dept said they had others all over the country calling about Patricks what a damn shame.

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Now I wish I would have kept the extra air cleaner they sent me by mistake after hearing about what has been going on with that company lately,they did not credit me for the shipping for the return but that is not even close to what others have lost in dealing with them so its not really worth complaining about. What the hell happened to them to make them start scamming people.

26. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think they must have figured out that they made more money by selling parts but not sending them to the customer.

27. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

They can make more money in the short end doing that but usually will catch up to them and then it will be nothing.

28. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

mother trucker the link goes to requested topic does not exist

29. Yea....it was there when it was posted but, it looks like they cleaned up all the old posts & deleted it.
    You might be able to pull it up using the Way Back Machine archives.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017