Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Conveyor Systems, think "I love Lucy" choclate candy line.

DBruce likes this.
  2. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

Oilfield Electrician

DBruce likes this.
  3. I was just talking about Strider bikes with my wife. Had no idea you were part of starting it. That's pretty cool. I told her I thought they were made here in town as I would see the building on my route. I guess I know now.

4. I'm not sure if I have posted previously or not but have also had a couple different jobs in the last few years. I was active USAF for nearly 12 years as a heavy equipment operator. I am now in the air national guard with the same job. I have driven some form of truck since separating from active duty. First was trash truck for the last 7 years, currently tractor trailer line haul.

It's completely out of character for me to change jobs often but my current job is night shift and to be honest I have realized I can't handle the night shift. This is my last week at current employment. Next week will be starting at a local pickup/delivery freight company. Will still be in a tractor trailer as that's what I love doing. All that said to say I am a truck driver. Picture is what I currently drive.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    DBruce likes this.
  5. RDE

RDE

Since getting out of the Army in 1970 I have been in the Real Estate business in one form or another. Still buy and sell a little if it seems to make sense. For the past 7 years I have also been a hunting and fishing guide.

DBruce likes this.
  6. Lkfflk

Lkfflk

I'm a welder fabricator I build bullet proof bomb proof vehicals for a living

DBruce likes this.
  7. LBCD

LBCD

Does side work count?
    I've been drumming since I was 4...a son of a professional musician from way back I would go see my dad's rehearsal's at the local ballroom in my hometown.
    This is one of the many bands I have sat in with or toured, recorded etc...this album is from 2005 and probably the most hamb friendly. I retired from this band around 2011 to focus more on my day time job and family...i still sit in with a few bands here and there so I have not completely retired from drumming...it's my real passion.
    [​IMG]

I'm the guy in red on the right...the bass player is 6-4" so they had me round out the shot by standing on the right...[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    jnaki and DBruce like this.
  8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Retired United States Army Military Police.

DBruce likes this.
  9. LBCD

LBCD

Here is an original off of this album...called "Passing By"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    DBruce likes this.
  10. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

Truck driver. Pull doubles at night for an LTL freight company.

j3harleys, Racer29 and DBruce like this.
  11. Retrorod

Retrorod

Former GM tech, shop foreman and finally Service Manager until 2008. When the economy took a dive I went to work as a Corporate Technical Instructor for Auto Club of So. Cal. (AAA). I look toward retiring soon so I can work on all the half-finished projects I have.

DBruce likes this.
  12. fenderhead

fenderhead
    from Stevens PA

Sales manager for a paint and material supplier

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

13. New rig gig. Couldn't figure out how to add this picture to my previous post with my phone 1503018471606.jpg

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff, chryslerfan55 and DBruce like this.
  14. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Started in a auto frame and suspension shop at 15, worked there 13 yrs, quite, went to dealership doing frame, body and paint. After 3 yrs there took over managing it. After almost 4 I came down with isocycanate (sp?) Poisoning.
    Turned down a job with chief ez liner frame machine company teaching people how to straighten frames. Went back to the original frame shop I started at.

I preferred the high quality of work and reputation they have. Have over 31 yrs there total. We do frames from little atv 3 and 4 wheelers to semi trucks. All types and styles of custom suspensions and frame set ups.

Racer29 and DBruce like this.
  15. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I retired as a Shift Supervisor over 20 dispatchers & operators at the Omaha 911 Center in 2003....went to work at parts counter at a Ford dealer, retiring from that on Sept 1st.

DBruce likes this.
  16. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

Chef

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

fourspeedwagon and DBruce like this.
  17. Retired Chef!

fourspeedwagon likes this.
  18. Retired Army 19D, 37 Years 7 months, Active, USAR, and NG, with four deployments. 27 years with the WVDOH, 23 years as an equipment operator and the last four as a County Superintendent, retired this June.

19. Thank you for your service sir.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Racer29 and DBruce like this.
  20. Shaman for my local tribe.

Early Ironman likes this.
  21. Jibs

Jibs

Retired since 2003 after 24 years as an under ground coal miner.

22. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

Lead critical facilities engineer for a large data center.

DBruce likes this.
  23. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

IMG_6569.jpg i drive part time. absolutely no abilities or talents otherwise.

24. 52lomofo

52lomofo

Nw have worked at Nitrogen Plant for last 4 years

25. 5window

5window

This is funny because I was just looking up when I last posted and it was 2005 as well! These days, I am "semi-employed " donig relief work as a veterinarian and doing surgery in a long 11 hour day at a local SPCA so dogs and cats can get adopted. I still enjoy doing the work, fortunately, I don't have to do it for the money.

clunker and DBruce like this.
  26. Boondoggle

Boondoggle

Only 25. Auto body tech. Hate every day of it. Might apply to be an insurance appraiser

27. Software engineer
    I am a Geek unlike in high school at least it pays well....

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

28. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all 41 pages at one go, instead of working in the hot sun on my garage. I was also going to pass on posting, until I read all the fascinating bios.

I have been retired for 17 years, and am fulfuling my dream to get old enough to become a problem for my children.
    To pay for my edjucasion, I worked as a logger, a roughneck, in the summer, and as a bellman in a high class hotel in the winter.
    I trained as a chemical engineer, but joined the air force as a pilot just to piss off my whole family, who really had hopes for me.
    I flew and instructed on supersonic fighters for 10 years, 3 of them on exchange with the USAF, then spent the next 30 years flying overseas for a Canadian Airline.
    I love doing everything myself, and really don't give a crap if it is shiny or finished, as long as I am having fun with it.
    Thanks for all the great postings, and a good belly laugh.