Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 60's Style HotRods, Street, Race, Custom - Come On, Post pictures of what you like !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Sep 19, 2006.

1. loner1, 1947knuck, rust and 8 others like this.
  2. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Perfect!!^^^

roadstar likes this.
  3. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

4. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

loner1, 1947knuck, EVL401 and 16 others like this.
  5. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

After the '55 Chevy I owned this '46 in 1969 . Still have it.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

I took this pic in the 90's, so excuse the wheels, this was a real 60's build, vintage white interior, straight axle, I remember it running around in the late 70's.[​IMG]

loner1, 1947knuck, Old wolf and 5 others like this.
  7. koolkemp

koolkemp

Something else I found about 20 yrs ago...wasn't for sale, he was gonna get around to it, there was a 57 HT sinking into the front lawn in way worse shape, hopefully it got rescued.[​IMG][​IMG]

loner1, 1947knuck, kiwijeff and 5 others like this.
  8. this stopped by today: DSCF0002.JPG DSCF0001.JPG

loner1, 1947knuck, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  9. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Wow lots cool cars posted,an a few that are a miss read of what was going on. ;)
    Being I was building both rods an customs in late 50s into the mid 60s,my point of view is first hand of the times an what was happening. I like anyone that builds there own stuff,even if they are trying to kind of copy what we were doing,yet got the wrong idea=its still there idea. Yet the're things that should be known an aren't by some. I did a lot of running around to many car shows in the south east with one or the other of my two cars. One of them was in Car Craft mag in jan 63.
    Things that are often copyed now,that really were not cool then the way it shows up now; Flat paint was only primer an not cool,it was temp an before a cool shiny color {yes some never got finished,but it was the plan,to be shiny] . Cartoons are not real car designs,don't try to look like one {that goes for the monster too].
    Yes ,I airbrushed crazy T-shirts at car shows under my art name "The Bat" out of hell,so may of added too that now trendy stuff. But back then we knew they were only cartoons.!
    Other things like very low chops for less aero drag for racing,most knew better then to try an drive it on the street. Same for the Moon tank up front for racing only,not on the street. So many other miss used details. Just some perpective for some.:cool:
    The hot rod in the photo I built first in 1959 for high school,many up keep repairs over the years too now. Only real change is chrome headers an a folding top I added a few years back,so my buddy's from high school still see the same rod now. Have fun driving on weekends,but most of the old hangouts are long gone ! I miss the car hops on roller skates an short shorts!
    IMG_2750.JPG

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    loner1, 1947knuck, kmrumedy and 8 others like this.
  10. RRanchero Rick

RRanchero Rick

11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

When you got it was the B pillar on the passenger side crunched?

12. thunderplex

thunderplex

1965 Atlanta
    [​IMG]

1965 Atlanta
    [​IMG]

1968 St. Augustine
    [​IMG]

13. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

No .. in 1969 it was a perfect rust and dent free California car . Built in Baldwin Park , CA. As a street/Strip gasser in 1965. I sold it in 1972 and then bought it back in 1985. Still own it.

14. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

15. Marcus Edell photo from the net.

Attached Files:

16. I was trying for a 60's style with this
    [​IMG]