Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Someone giving away a Model a 4 door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56cadillackid, Apr 5, 2017.

1. greaser_Paul27

greaser_Paul27

Its a fake ad I called on it yesterday and talked to the lady

2. This has been on the Connecticut Craigs List for a bit for $500. Are you guys in New England and saying this CL listing is fake?

[​IMG]

The guy's name is "Mike" and it is an 860 number. The ad is still up.

https://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/6065103415.html

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  3. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

4. BradinNC

BradinNC

Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then. Don't give up, there are deals out there.
    Found my 30 Willys coach on fleabay for about $450.00. Cost more to drive to PA and back to get it. Sold the six, tranny, some gauges,battery box, starter control,headlights. Made all my money back and then some. willys 2.JPG

5. I do actually. There was a CL for free cars here in the metro. I couldn't get the poster to return my calls. Turned out they were not his or even on his property, he just didn't want them close to his property.

I never liked picking rock salt out of my ass, but not a worry these days, they throw lead instead.

6. As a kid there was a old farmer that was known to be somewhat of a curmudgeon but he planted a huge patch of water melons and to us kids they were just laying there waiting on use to appropriate a few for our own personal consumption.

He had a shot gun loaded with rock salt and not only did he use on varmints bit also in the direction of thieving little Bass Turds like us.

After getting stung we learned if we ask and gave him a hand he would let us have all we could eat.

I actually lost my taste for free watermelon,don't tell anyone but I think they they better if pilfered! :D HRP

jackalope and Atwater Mike like this.
  7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

$1200. Then squashed it like a bug. :D

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My bud Jimmy Anderson used to walk down the R.R. tracks when we were 10, (where I later found my roadster...'30 'A', body complete, $3.00! )
    Anyway, some hoboes were cooking up some bar-B-Qued chickens, and asked us to be their guests. We accepted, and sat down. These fellows told stories of the long, shiny rails....stories that stretched far off, Eastward, North, and South.
    When we finally left to come home, it was quite late...my Mom asked where we'd been. "Oh, 'The Jungle'... They called it 'Hobo Jungle'." I told her about the chicken...basted with oil & vinegar, with parsley gently shaken over the browned skin..."Mmmmm..." She slapped me into attention. (Whap!) She then fairly growled, "Didn't you know that was Stolen Chicken?" "Um, no, Ma'am. Tasted too good to be stolen..."

BradinNC likes this.