Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Thanks, KiwiJeff. Should be easy to do in real life, too.
    I always like the looks of the roof on the 4-door hardtop.

2. Thanks Moose!

4. No trouble at all Rocky..It's a great looking car!!

frame3.jpg

jeffd1988 and kiwijeff like this.
  5. Oh yeah...thanks, Moose

6. Thirdeye00

Thirdeye00

Hello! New member here (been following some awesome threads.) Love the site!
    I recently purchased a 50 Ford. I'm in love. I add some moon discs, the blue rims wasn't cutting it. I planning on getting new Portowalls(tires are newest) Maybe new wheels along with white walls when it comes time for new tires.
    The issue I'm having is whether I want a visor and possible fender skirts. I was wondering if any of you great guys with photoshop skills could help me out. Add a visor, and maybe fender skirts[in a 2nd separate picture and the two together, if its not too much trouble) to my car. The paint doesn't have to match. If anyone wants to do a another picture with something else, feel free.
    Thank you so much to anyone that finds the time to help me out.
    (I don't know what angle is better to photo shop with, I posted several.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  7. madfish

madfish

8. Thirdeye00

Thirdeye00

Attached Files:

9. madfish

madfish

10. Thirdeye00

Thirdeye00

11. 2redrovers

2redrovers

A different sort of request, or challenge if you like...

I'm currently building a 1/25 scale garage / hot rod shop diorama and I'd like some help coming up with a sign for the front. Some of my friends bestowed the nickname of "Merlin" upon me, so I thought I'd have a bit of fun with it.

Looking for "Merlin" or "wizard" in the name and anything that would suit the theme. I'm aiming for old, out of the way, you have to know how to find it, kind of hot rod shop. Colouring is up to you, the shopfront is painted mid-blue with a cream-ish trim. You don't have to try to fit the sign in place, just design it.

Still in progress..
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thank you and have fun

kiwijeff and 509garyd like this.
  12. 2redrovers

2redrovers

Hehe that's cool Moose

13. Acleveland38

Acleveland38
    from Athens, AL

Hey guys got a 55 Imperial I wanted to post and see where you guys went with it. Feel free to let your imagination go altho I would like to keep it 4 door. Thanks in advance. 20170318_185741.jpg

14. madfish

madfish

I'd consider taking a page from the "icon derelict Desoto." Hop up the hemi and make sure the car is mechanically sound then just drive it.

imperial.jpg

kiwijeff, Rot 'n Kustom and themoose like this.
  15. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here's a mild custom version:
    Lowered with the front door extended back to meet the rear. Single piece side glass.
    I took a leaf from Packard, Imperial's rival in 1955, and 3-toned it in cherry, black cherry, and black. Wide whitewalls with Imperial wires to finish.
    1955 Imperial 01.jpg

kiwijeff and themoose like this.
  16. @Acleveland38 Classic lines needs to be black....also a little taillight treatment..

1.jpg

kiwijeff, Rot 'n Kustom and madfish like this.
  17. Acleveland38

Acleveland38
    from Athens, AL

@madfish Sadly I did not get the hemi with the car. What tailights did you shop onto there?
    @Rot 'n Kustom I am really liking the one piece windows only downside I see is it would only be able to roll part way down due to rear wheel well. Paint is also nice gives the car a good custom feel.
    @themoose Nice! Whatever you did to the chrome, can you come do that in real life? Haha I am always partial to black paint jobs hard to beat when its done right. Also the tails look killer considering going a route like this.
    All of these are awesome Thanks alot guys! Keep up the good work!

themoose likes this.
  18. Madfish what a novel idea, photo shopping 55 Imperial tail lights, you truly are mad. 55/56 Imperials should remain elegant, maybe a lower stance but that's about all. I know you think you are starting with a wreck but she deserves better. My dad had a 55 and when he put glass packs on it I thought we were the hottest car in town. I was still a back seat passenger and I loved looking out the back window watching the tail lights come on.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Acleveland38 likes this.
  19. madfish

madfish

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Radiator (and gas tank if used???)scooted back as far as possible,preferably with rad behind headlight rings, better tucked exhaust, blacked out ladder bars/wish bones and steering column would look good too.

slv63 likes this.
  21. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Ok guys, can I please get a simple lowering and/or slam job on my old shop truck project. Please don't laugh at what I've already done with the bed.
    thumbnail_IMG_5872 - Copy.jpg

22. Truck.jpg

kiwijeff and Locomotive Breath like this.
  23. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

IMG_5872.JPG
    Haha, thank you very much Moose. I love it. You fixed the wall, put the trees back, and fixed my crude bed lines.

Here is what I'm starting with.

24. Looks like it's a pretty unique project. I'll be looking froward to seeing the finished product!

25. Day late...dollar short...

Attached Files:

jeffd1988, kiwijeff, koolkemp and 4 others like this.
  26. madfish

madfish

27. pickup.jpg

kiwijeff, themoose and verde742 like this.
  28. verde742

verde742

:eek: oops, forgot to SLAM IT ?