Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 49 Buick sedanette

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cheetahman, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Cheetahman

Cheetahman

Is the main body shell on a 49 Buick sedanette the same as all the other GM(49-52) cars, can the front clip sheetmetal be swaped among the other GM cars of this vintage along with fenders, doors, glass, etc

2. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

In 49 the Buick probably had the straight 8 and a noticeably long front end.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I believe that body is similar to only the '48-49 Cadillac Club Coupe and '49-50 Olds 98. There are two GM fastback style bodies in those years, the smaller used by Chevrolet, Pontiac and Olds 88.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    BJR likes this.
  4. Almost anything can be swapped in but little else than Buick sheetmetal will bolt right in.

5. Cheetahman

Cheetahman

Been looking around for a Buick, but them fastbacks are pretty rare, was thinking of converting a Chevy over with the Buick front clip and rear fenders, but after looking more closely ,it looks like the main shells are different. the search for the Buick continues, thanks boys.

6. morac41

morac41

Hi Cheetahman.....Cadillac..Buick.....Olds....Have a C platform floor pan will interchange most parts.....Chev is to small

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That 'C' body shell was, as you say, '48/'49 Cadillac....but '48/'49 for Olds 98. Buick only in '49. The '50 Olds 98 and Buick fastback models were substantially reskined.

Ray

8. Cheetahman

Cheetahman

Thanks, guys, here's where I'm goin' with this. after the war(II) my dad got out of the USMC with a pocket full of cash and wanted a new Buick, welp ,there were few new cars avaliable so the dealer says" get on the list son", took 'till 49 for his name to come up. I always remembered pictures of that Buick, found a picture of the car going thu his stuff after he passed on,so now its my turn to try and get me one. Found one hidden behind Johnny's, in Elrama Pa, but this one is just about melted into the ground. Iffin anybody got one sitting around they are thinking of selling, give me a holler, thanks, c