Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Totally agree from Texas on the King Bees. They looked cool. Everyone wanted them. End of conversation.

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  2. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I can find any, I will send a can of Gibb's Brand lubricant to you so that NOS knee won't ever freeze up. LOL. Hope you are doing fine and up to cruising in your steeds. Five bucks is a real bargain ! !

3. Gary how you been. Has that ol Texas.

4. I wonder where my axel is...

crozch likes this.
  5. I was just wondering myself and about to ask

Charlie

paintslinger805 likes this.
  6. birdog

birdog
    from Monroe, UT

volvobrynk and DylanHill1931 like this.
  7. Gary, I have a couple cans of gibbs as I always use it to spray the under side of my cars before going out on the salt. Now I will have to use it on my NOS knee.

loudbang and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  8. Birdog
    You want one?

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. birdog

birdog
    from Monroe, UT

So
    bad!!!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

11. Not only that . . . but when the shockwave hit, his butt cheeks parted . . . a modern day "HotRod Moses" if you ask me! LOL

Stogy, graveyardsledder and loudbang like this.
  12. HotRod Moses...Love it!

13. :) I think he would like that too.

14. Well still no call from okie slow joe.:D Guess I will just keep watching t.v. o_O

15. Good work takes time. Isn't that what they say...:rolleyes:

Stogy likes this.
  16. So bored......................... Maybe I will work on my kustoms till I get my hotrod axel back.

17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

paintslinger805 likes this.
  18. Just a little bit for you Wyatt. Just want my damn axel already. Then I can show the wooooooow shots. Like a good show. "TO BE CONTINUED"

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  19. Oh yea and I have a major piece of the puzzle coming around the 12 of April. Stay tuned for the wtf how the hell and where the &$@@ did that come from.:)

birdog and loudbang like this.
  20. image.jpg I used to love this beer. And all the under the cap riddles....

21. Cool tap top, is that lucky lager as in the canadian beer? We have a lucky lager here in BC which was apparently originally for the north of Vancouver island not too far from where I live

Can't wait to see you get that axle back and back together on the car, what's the story with the black 32 grille another one or did ya paint over that minty beige one?
    Charlie

loudbang and paintslinger805 like this.
  22. I'm not sure where the beer company was from. We used to buy a case of beer and it came in a box with brown small hand grenade style beer bottles. Under the caps were little riddle puzzles.

volvobrynk, crozch and loudbang like this.
  23. It's the same grill shell. Just churched it up in some dark grey lacquer primer like grandpas car. I couldn't live with the ugly poop brown anymore.

Jeff34, volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  24. Cool looking online it appears to be the canadian lucky that was their older packaging logo, did realize it was ever available in the us

I kinda figured, although being in awesome shape it stood out a little too much from the rest of the car and now does look a lot more like your grandpas used to good job keep it coming
    Charlie

25. After further research lucky lager started in 1933 san Francisco cal. They had brewery's along the west pacific into Canada. Yum yum

Stogy likes this.