Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Carpet,rubber mat or nothing at all?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 24, 2017.

1. "Carpet,rubber mat or nothing at all"?:confused: We are talking car stuff here right?:rolleyes: My roadster has original style rubber mat and I do like it. Easy to clean etc.
    IMG_8396.JPG
    The coupe has carpet that was the way Coleman built it so it will stay horse hair pad and all. And it looks right with worn spots.
    COLEMAN R&R 002.JPG Coupe Floor 001.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. My old roadster had carpet and after I got caught n a monsoon I realized carpet in a topless roadster was not one of my brightest decisions.:rolleyes: HRP

ct1932ford likes this.
  3. 52lomofo

52lomofo

I know it comes in a big roll I unload it off the truck we use it for conveyor belt at the fertilizer plant I work at

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. 52lomofo

52lomofo

Plan on using some of the old one for in the box of truck

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Danny,
    I used a new rubber mat out of a Ford Econoline van. It was a take out when new at my buddys shop. Has the right look. Used it in my 32 Coupe

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. I like that idea,do you have a photo? HRP

7. alchemy

alchemy

My tudor uses a rag rug in the front. The backseat has a carpet remnant. Nothing fancy.

DSCN6338.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. That looks exactly like the one in my bathroom. :D HRP

9. I'm looking for a factory Ford rubber mat for a '60-'63 full size (Galaxie) if anyone has one. My '61 Fairlane is a factory rubber mat car and it is a little cracked up.

I like the look of rubber mats in the low line (cheap) body styles...

classiccarjack and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. alchemy

alchemy

Your bathroom has vinyl seats and a steering wheel?

11. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Anyone have pictures of rubber mat floor covers installed?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

LOL,what no drain??, Ha,yup have got wet what seems like too many times over the years running around with out a top from my first build in 1959. I'm a little hardheaded too,only took me tell 2 years ago to add a folding top. My head rings,or is that just my ears.
    We all may have a little def ideas of why we build an drive these things. One of my ideas was to help brake the ice with pretty gals to go for a ride,but its got to look like something they'd like to ride in. Nice upholstery is part of it. Here's one looking in my hotrod! I have a rug!
    But some may like animal enclosures?,Yup I'm picking on you!!!!LOL 2015july3show.jpg

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Mine was a cheap rubber mat car, but the rubber mat didn't survive when I removed it to replace my rusted out floor pans. Bummer.... I loved the look

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. No you silly goose,I have a rag rug like your front in my bathroom,but now you have the wheels turning! :D HRP

15. Dana,you can pick on me all you want,as long as you post visual aides! :D HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  16. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Two large truck mud flaps I found on the side of the highway.

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

BGII, my roadster, has paint, and that's all. only upholstery is the seats are vinyl. Would someday like to put some door,kick, and side panels in it, and some sort of rubber mat. No top now and wayyy in the future if at all:rolleyes:Now my '40 Ford coupe is my cruiser, and to the opposite extreme with leather,vinyl, and carpet, even in the trunk.:eek:

18. b-bob

b-bob

I just used a re-pro stock rubber floor mat for the model A. Cheap, easy to install and cleans up easy.

Attached Files:

19. Ever since I lifted the rubber mat over my steel floor and seen the condensation under it I will never use plain rubber again. Maybe you warmer dry climate guys have different results but in the northeast I'm not going to contribute to rust out.

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well down here in GA is prolly even more humid than you folks in NY. What do you use?

21. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

Looks like she belongs in the trophy girl thread, if you got her number!

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

dana barlow likes this.
  22. Her face is familiar. I think I know her.

dana barlow likes this.
  23. I looked at this a little differently than some. If it's a regular driver, beater or nicer but still low maintenance, I want some sound deadening and some temp protection. I used thermotec mat on some, homemade lizard skin on some and a combination of both on some. All were covered with some form of rubber mat but I put dynadeck in the most recent one and am going to redo my 32 and remove the plain mat and put dynadeck in it. There's cheaper mat out there but not anything I'm aware of that does, temp sound and low maint. all in 1 piece.

24. Just paint FB_IMG_1490996546920.jpg

25. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

Rubber running surfaces and gym floors made from recycled tires are not only good sound and temp insulators, they're porous so don't trap moisture against the floor pan. Prices run between $2-3 a square foot for 1/2"-1" thicknesses. More if you want colors other than black. Or just cover the rubber floor with a breathable indoor-outdoor carpeting if you wanna get fancy. Jack E/NJ

26. triman62

triman62

Nothing but spatter paint at the present time, I do have so thin rubber I might drop in the bottoms if it gets to loud when I get it running. 0406160654.jpg IMG_0523.jpg

27. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

I have had good results with rubber mats and bed liner .The 50 ford has that combination in it and it really quieted it down inside.Also waterproof so it doesnt matter that I dont have the side windows in it yet.

28. gene-koning

gene-koning

My 4x4 had some of that cheap silver covered bubble insulation covered with a cheap indoor-outdoor carpet. That worked in a work truck for over 10 years, window leaks and all. I drilled a hole in the floor where the water pooled....Gene

29. wutnxt

wutnxt

My '40 coupe has POR 15, Peel and Seal and a nice repop '40 rubber mat I found at a swap meet for $40 bucks.
    My '46 pickup has POR 15, Peel and Seal with an old pickup bed mat cut to fit. I found it in the ditch by my place.

lothiandon1940 likes this.