Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any Weekend Goals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Got the driver's side fender to the same point as the passenger side one and even banged out some of it's dents and creases. Now have to shoehorn in the running boards - both sides have the same problem of not enough space. Oh well, the hallmark of this build has always been "fighting for fractions of inches"! Regards, Dave.
    IMG_20170320_161633.jpg

IMG_20170320_161709.jpg

2. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Great progress Cliff! Go man go! Regards, Dave.

3. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Heck George, just have some glass circles cut to fit them and tell your Mrs. that they are some new automotive-style end tables you picked up. Plus the glass will keep the dust off your cleaning job!:D Regards, Dave.

butchcoat1969 and falcongeorge like this.
  4. Picked up the odds and ends locally to get my new rear back in. Rear is on order from Quick Performance. My rear leaf springs showed up yesterday from McVeigh's. Shackles, etc. are to follow from C & G Ford. If the weather is still snotty, I'll be happy to get the housing cleaned up and shot with some VHT paint.

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ha! Halibrand Steve said the same thing!:D

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I presume these are for your RP? You have my interest!:)

7. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

today i was thrashing w/ my friend ''flathead eddie'' trying to get my T-V8 ready to take to billitproof this weekend,eddie moved away for 35 years now back. 40 years ago 1977, we were thrashing to get another of my flathead cars so we could go to glatlin burg rodrun. the only thing that changes is TIME....

joein32 likes this.
  8. Yes but not anything fun. Replacing ball joints on my wife's OT daily.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope to make the two major cuts on the '29 cowl, hope it is done by Sunday evening. Bob

10. joein32

joein32

11. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_2997.JPG I will be casting my first set of these "Super Deluxe" hubcaps.....:)

Jet96 and Cliff Ramsdell like this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^ When will the matching horn buttons be out? VERY COOL to have my Steelback sketch on the wall.:DBob

13. blackanblue

blackanblue

Spring cleaning shop and yard yesterday fired the 52 gmc to get ready for rodmasters swap meet tomorrow now we got rain and more rain at least it will wash most of the salt off the road. Still waiting for willys parts, hopeing this week will be like Christmas so I can get back ater.

bobss396 likes this.
  14. Got my rear leaf springs in today, painted the rear end housing with VHT satin black paint. The posi rear should show up this week with some luck.

15. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Horn buttons ? Hmmm I will have to give that some thought.

16. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

seats and steering wheel set up... haf '36, haf '40 dash...
    gloss kahki 5 visor 007.JPG

Jet96 and bobss396 like this.
  17. It's Sunday afternoon, it's freezing outside and I'm on the HAMB! I guess that says it all.:mad:

Jet96 likes this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Meet a goal I set last week, took longer than it should of, but the '29 Fordor cowl now mates to the '31 Slant Window shell. Just a mockup to see if things will fit, shell has to be sandblasted and cowl stripped to bare metal then it gets final fitting and welding, and detail filling. Bob DSCF7336.JPG

ct1932ford likes this.
  19. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Finished wiring the TCC kit, and mostly mocked up the brake lines for my Chevy. Thanks to whoever it was that suggested using copper ground wire for mockup purposes. Need to get some parts ordered, April is almost here.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. trollst

trollst

Spent the whole day looking for a set of plates from my T bucket, I have torn my shop apart looking for them before, but went all out today, no plates, the garage gremlin has walked off with them. They have sentimental value, it was my first build, anyway, reorganised, found frame plans from total performance, a ton of how to stuff from the eighties and nineties, some HD hardtail frame plans, a box of casters, some aurora ignition wire sets still new in the box, actually gained some shelf space, life is good.

The37Kid likes this.
  21. Well the weekend is over and I'm still working on these OT ball joints. What a pain they have been! Will be done in a couple hours, HALLELUJAH! In the end I will be saving over $600 having done it myself. Had it quoted by a local suspension/alignment shop and it would've been nearly $1,000 for them to do it. Thank God for the know how to do it. Now back to work on the cars I like to work on, the old ones.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Got up early yesterday to clean up the garage in preparation to reassemble my 39 transmission for the roadster... yesterday was cold and damp and I have no heat out there. Tried cleaning up my little electric to cut the chill but it kept shutting off. Ended up just firing up a little halogen work light next to the transmission to keep my fingers from going number. Didn't help the toes though! Got it buttoned up with the help of my Ole man supervising... exactly the opposite of the way it was put together the first time 25 years ago. Hope it lasts that long this time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jet96 likes this.
  23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Eight days in a row that I've done something on the '29 Steelback project. Unboxing the wood kit to get the header so I can fit the visor this weekend. Bob

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Form and weld in the last 1-1/2 square feet of floor in my Falcon. If there is time, make and install the shifter access plate.

I am keeping it light. This has already been a rough week.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my weekend goal for way too long has been to pull my head out of my ass and get to work on something instead of watching Gunsmoke, Bonanza and the Rifleman all day.

butchcoat1969 and bobss396 like this.
  26. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I am either very late or very early depending on which weekend but anyway I finally finished casting these!
    IMG_3004.JPG IMG_3006.JPG

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Mock up the '32 rails, just sent for the dimension sheet. I need them to set the Steadfast kickups to the Steelback subrails. Once they are in place I can attach the rear quarters. Bob

28. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Weather has been crap, rain and cold so painting is tough.

Everything was mocked up. Blew it all apart, welded everything up and got the front end painted.

Put it together last night, rebuilt the F1 spindles and reamed the bushings, paint and wait to dry.

Cliff Ramsdell

IMG_5306.JPG IMG_5305.JPG

bobss396 likes this.
  29. Thursday and no posi... but my sway bar is here so I have something to do. I need to do it outside to get more swinging room.

30. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

This w/end I need to finish the headers on passenger side and build the headers on the driver side. Wish me luck, the driver side is going to be tight 1490981459445.jpg 1490981473437.jpg 1490981480709.jpg