Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects retirement projects ANYONE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnold1938, Mar 24, 2017.

1. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

been saving a few projects to keep me busy during my retirement I LOVE EVERY DAY I OPEN THE DOOR! DSC00147.JPG

2. That's the way to retire! Every day should be fun. Enjoy!

3. 2935ford

2935ford

It's a good gig isn't it! :)

Paul B and Oldbill51 like this.
  4. Squablow

Squablow

Looks like you've got some real fun stuff in there. Sometimes I feel like all my projects won't get finished until my retirement, and I'm 36.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

As long as you don't have to use or move that Pipe Mule in the left foreground of your pic it will stay a good day.

6. Got 3 going at the moment, 5 if you count daily driver maintenance.

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I just sold my 47 ford coupe, The new owner is closing his business doors and wanted a new project.

8. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I've got 2.Wont retire till 4/18.CANT WAIT!

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have 2. I am set to retire in early 2071. I can't wait!

vtwhead and j3harleys like this.
  10. Retired about 10 years ago and found I needed to keep working for the $$$ but I only work part time now. I had several retirement projects but sold everything off except my 34 coupe. And then I bought my brother's old O/T chevelle wagon back again after selling it in the great purge. NO MORE! The wagon and the coupe are quite enough.
    If you're like me and my buddies, you'll find you actually had more time to play with projects when you were working! Seems backwards but it's true. 34SIDE12_21_15.jpg

Tim, HOTRODPRIMER, OFT and 7 others like this.
  11. And more money.

OFT, Paul and hotrodharry2 like this.
  12. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

2yrs to go for me and I hope to have a shed like that with a hoist so I can play. Every day is chooseday, you choose whether you work or don't!:D
    The way I'm going on my 46 Olds, the build will carry over until retirement.:mad::(
    Enjoy yourself, you worked all your life to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

13. If this thread is still going in 2023, I'll get back and reply......

hotrodharry2 and mgtstumpy like this.
  14. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Hope you have as much fun as I have been having. I work with my shop buddy 5 to 6 hours a day on our projects. I think I would otherwise be bored to death rotting on the couch or looking for part time work.

OFT and hotrodharry2 like this.
  15. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I mess around with different stuff and I'm always bringing something home for a project, that I call "retirement projects". The wife claims I'm up to "retirement project " 108. I'm only 46 I'm sure I'll forget most of the projects by the time I get there

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I got one I've been hammering on for a few years now , it's about to be " finished " as it will end up being . It is not a rod but fun daily transportation . It's a 1979 Power Wagon short step side , now powered by a Cummins 4bt , adding Dana 60 front and rear axles soon . It's fun and serves me well , at 26 MPG . I have put 60K on it to date , but the rust is another adventure .

36 ROKIT likes this.
  17. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

"Retired about 10 years ago and found I needed to keep working for the $$$ but I only work part time now. I had several retirement projects but sold everything off except my 34 coupe. And then I bought my brother's old O/T chevelle wagon back again after selling it in the great purge. NO MORE! The wagon and the coupe are quite enough.
    If you're like me and my buddies, you'll find you actually had more time to play with projects when you were working!"

It seems when you have the time you don't have the money and vice versa. Weird how that works.

warbird1, hotrodharry2 and j3harleys like this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

:confused:2071

19. mnjeff

mnjeff

IMG_0764.JPG Saving the "Big Ugly", my 49 Nash for a retirement project.

jvpolvere1 and 57Custom300 like this.
  20. gas & guns

gas & guns

Used to drag home everything that was free or extremely cheap that I could get my hands on. Thinking I would fix it up and make some money. Looked around the backyard one day and thought to myself, "shit, I don't have enough years left to fix all this shit."
    Been thinning out the crap so I can be more focused. I'm sure I'll have plenty left for retirement projects.
    Being the working peasant that I am.

21. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

JUST behind the pipe muel to the right lies a ford 1932 full fendered roadster project for the wife!

22. cfl51

cfl51

I bought my retirement project that naturally I couldn't leave it alone ...so I'm taking my 80's built 1934 Ford all steel car... and spending the rest of my retirement redoing it... IMG_2218.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Third DodgeBrother

Third DodgeBrother

I've found that when I had the money, I didn't have the time. When I did have time, I didn't have the money. Now with time, money, and too many projects, I don't have space to work!

36 ROKIT likes this.
  24. Gman0046

Gman0046

Retirement projects are great therapy. Its just getting harder and harder to do the things I used to do easily. Under the dash board stuff is the worst. Hard to get in the right position and difficulty seeing wearing bifocals. Sometimes I've actually been stuck under there and needed help getting out. Fortunately I'm just finishing up a nut and bolt frame off restoration on the 63 Impala on my avatar. Just some nit noid stuff to finish.

Gary

25. [​IMG]

Man,when you buddy said you need a Christmas tree in your garage he was talking about one like this! :D HRP

upload_2017-3-25_10-45-46.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017