Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any Weekend Goals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Federated Auto Parts got me a rebuild kit for my carb. on the 56 Chrysler so that's what I will be doing.I just hope its the right one!Bruce. 011.JPG

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My kid and I just got back from our walk, and Fed-Ex dropped off a package from Summit while we were out.:) rump, rump, rumpity rump...This is for my pseudo 270hp 283. I know, I know, I coulda been a good little conformist and got a 30-30 for less money, and gave up 10-15 ft lbs across the power band, but just because I want to run a "period" cam, that doesn't mean I have to leave a whole bunch of power on the table...;):) At under$75 for springs, retainers and seals, these Summit z-28 spring packages are a good deal, and will work in 98% of the small blocks HAMBers build.
    z-25.jpg

Jet96, bobss396, Muttley and 2 others like this.
  3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

It's been raining so I had to throw a bunch of stuff from outside to inside to protect it
    And I have been sick, so wife says no work
    This weekend, find my Land Speed Truck, it under all that junk somewhere.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ok, another 1/2 hour, and the peak is emerging. At this point, I will rough in the big end,then switch to a finer grit stone, the shape is pretty well there, start to move on to getting it slick. At this point, I'm into this about 1.5 hours in three 1/2 hour bites.
    pitman arm 05.jpg

To be sure, I am no 117Harv, but that's the entire point of these posts. Just because you ARENT 117harv is no excuse to roll over and say "aw screw it, just paint it black and bolt it on". Most of those guys like Blackie, Bakan and Ray Anderegg were young kids with way less resources and money when they built their stuff, and they didn't do it that way. Put some labour in, anyone who is willing to do the work can prep a piece for plating, and all of a sudden, it starts to get a lot more affordable, right @Moriarity ?
    Needless to say, its a long ways to go before this piece is ready to go to the platers, but you cant finish if you don't start, and if you think you cant, well, your gonna be right every time.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Jet96, mad mikey, UNSHINED 2 and 2 others like this.
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Holy crap! Red letter day at the falcongeorge house! First my Summit order shows up, then while I was making dinner, the door bell rang. It was the UPS man! VERY big thanks to HotRodDon for making this possible by purchasing these off Pomona Craigslist on my behalf and shipping them! Late sixties American racing 15x6, 2.5" backspace Sport Wheels for the front of my t-bucket. Its been a real odyssey obtaining these!
    wheels.jpg

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Finally have enough crap moved out of the way and some work room in the basement. Hope to hace the cowl sheet metal fitted to the Steelback shell this weekend. Bob

7. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

My brain hurts. I have not really made much headway in the Shop this week, and Zapato`s passing certainly contributed to my lassitude. Man, I`m really going to miss him. So, Scott (Verbal Kint on here ) is coming by about lunch time Saturday, and we will have a bite, and spend the day at the Portland Roadster Show. Probably worth it just to see the Meeks Model A....

mad mikey and Chavezk21 like this.
  8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

oh man, jeez, I didn't know he passed away.:( I saw that thread today and thought about checking back then I got distracted and never made it back there.

9. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1478.JPG Plan on getting this thing welded up and out of the jig this weekend

10. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Going to God's Country Racing Ass' n Indoor Show in La Crosse on Sat morn. Coming back to work on Max's truck a bit. And start getting the firewall on my '59 prepped for blasting (---fingers crossed---- )

Next weekend will be a blast then!!!! No pun intended of course

Max Gearhead and mad mikey like this.
  11. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

seat risers and adjuster rails.
    snake seats 2 qtr 1 002.JPG

12. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess this is what you do when you suck at welding upside down. #tiltajig IMG_1483.JPG

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^^ If you did the all by yourself nobody will say anything about your welds. Bob

Jet96 and Mike Paul like this.
  14. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

mad mikey and bobss396 like this.
  15. Got my Ford rear out, its a 3.56 ratio and I'll order a 3.89 posi on Monday. Old ham was in good shape outside of some play in the pinion. Did it outside on the driveway so I'd have more room. Still got gear oil spilled in a spot or so. Summit order showed up, got the new flex fan in, will do the cast aluminum valve covers tomorrow. Supposed to snow tonite into Sunday...

mad mikey likes this.
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Cowl fitting on the '29 is going well, may have photos Sunday evening. Bob

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I spent the last couple days scrubbing the buffing soap off my new/old Torq-Thrusts and getting a tach-drive distributor together. The wheels look great now, they are in the living room.:D Not sure how long the wife is going to let that slide

18. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All welded up down on the suspension. It was a productive 12 hour day in the shop IMG_1486.JPG

Jet96, UNSHINED 2, slimcat7m3 and 5 others like this.
  19. Going to start wiring in the AFR gauge, and new fuel pump on sunday.

falcongeorge likes this.
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

More t-bucket parts arrived...:)rockers will be rocking...:p
    cam.jpg

21. mnjeff

mnjeff

IMG_0806.JPG Got the four out of the bugeye, bought a new sawzall, gonna start carving out room for the 215. Let the butchering begin!

Jet96, UNSHINED 2, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  22. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Welcome to the HAMB, nice toy collection. Bob

23. [​IMG]. Trying to get the hood top mounted on the 34...gas tank cover has been fitted, but need the gas filler gasket set..

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  24. Coggs_n'_gears

Coggs_n'_gears

25. tomcat11

tomcat11

New Crossmember almost there.JPG Frame side view.JPG I bought my 31 coupe as a driver in 2010 and quickly realized it was not safe! I have spent 90% of the time cutting and grinding out the crap work (floor and everything between the frame rails) that was covered by carpet, paint, and bondo. Did'nt do another "A"build thread and haven't posted any picks till now. Hoping to finally get the body back on my hand fab'd chassis and do the body mounts.

UNSHINED 2 and mrhp like this.
  26. My bro took some shots of the rear coming out. Spots on the driveway are 99% melted ice and snow I cleared off. My son Ron is supervising, doing a fine job!
    IMG_1017_01.jpg IMG951018_01.jpg

27. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saturday I picked up a spare engine for our 1/2 mile dirt race car, a 14.7 to 1 cr 355" intake to pan. Couldn't get close to buying or building it for what I paid. Sunday I'm loading up our '56 for a trip to the upolstry shop for a headliner and carpeting. Finally getting close being finished..6 months. How do they do it on TV in one week?

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF7231.JPG Got this far and had to stop, cowl has to come up another inch, cross bar under the windshield or the cowl has to be cut. Goal for the week is finding that under windshield trim piece. :confused:Bob

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  29. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

Rocker panel rebuild. Not sexy, but necessary.

Attached Files:

30. 41GASSER

41GASSER

Install rub strip on Willys cowl, and install the hood.