Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Could someone photoshop these into a chopped 2 Dr custom. Try to leave below the window line stock height. The rear part of the roof in particular bothers me in stock form

Attached Files:

509garyd likes this.
  2. chop.jpg

kiwijeff and Rot 'n Kustom like this.
  3. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I messed around with the top and doors for an hour and couldn't get anything I really liked. Then I had an idea. Take the top from a 4-door '51
    Frazer Manhattan hardtop (or similar Kaiser Virginian) and mount it on the older body. The newer top was chopped by the factory and was pretty sleek. It was still a four-door, but with a glass partition between the front and rear windows. I just eliminated the partition in converting to 2-door coupe.

I used another photo for the base to get the right angles. Hope you don't mind.

Frazer Coupe V2 orig.jpg 25-3-003 1950 Frazer Manhattan Sedan Profile.jpg Frazer Coupe V2 01.jpg

kiwijeff, Sancho and themoose like this.
  4. southerncad

southerncad

OK, need a little help for a friend, trying to make his Stude look a little better....maybe an altitude adjustment and mags of you Photo shop Guru's choice...even a color change if you think so...Thanx,
    [​IMG]

LeoH likes this.
  5. Not exactly what you wanted but I think it would look pretty good.

stud2.jpg

kiwijeff, low budget and lbcd like this.
  6. Thanks guys, I like both versions of the Frazer that you guys modified. The hardtop looks real nice but, coming up with a Manhattan for a donor could be very tricky. Thanks again.

7. southerncad

southerncad

Thanx Moose that looks great, kinda' dig the Stude dog dish caps, and the color makes a big difference. Great job.

8. Squablow

Squablow

That Frazer is a damn difficult car to cut on, every shape seems to want to fight me. I tried for a 4 door version (not bad IMO) and a coupe version (not very good)but fun to play with.

frazer-00001-2.jpg
    frazer-00001-22.jpg

kiwijeff and themoose like this.
  9. Flamed48

Flamed48

Could the gmc get black fenders and running boards please

Attached Files:

10. black fenders.jpg

OahuEli likes this.
  11. southerncad

southerncad

Like I said, I like it....BUT my friend say's that the WWW's don't do it for him and would like to see some mags of your choice....he does like the color though....damn some folks are picky aren't they:rolleyes:

12. It's good to be picky.. I have always like Torque Thrust wheels...Look at my avatar:D Torque Thrust...jpg

13. Rand Man

Rand Man

I have my eye on a '53 Packard for sale locally. I'd say the place to start would be lowered with nice paint (similar to the Larry Earnst '51 Chevy). I have lots of other ideas, but paint first. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff and 509garyd like this.
  14. southerncad

southerncad

themoose likes this.
  15. ...here's my buddy's stude...
    rons stude.jpg

LeoH, kiwijeff, OahuEli and 2 others like this.

16. You didn't say what you had planned for the trim so I left it alone except for extending the trim forward on the front fender for the color break.

paint.jpg

17. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Packard Royale Final 01.jpg I took a similar approach. Unfortunately, didn't have any digital nitrocellulose lacquer at hand! Version 2 - I added a bit of polish to the paint.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    kiwijeff, Rand Man and themoose like this.
  18. Rand Man

Rand Man

Wow. You guys are awesome. I like the first paint colors a bit better. I think I may remove the gravel shield, and paint like the second photo.

For the headlights, it's hard to beat '56 Olds (they're probably used too much). I thought about mounting them up and out just slightly.

Also, I think I'll go with one-piece side glass, because the car has factory air conditioning.

19. OK here it is with new headlights and the gravel shield removed and one piece side glass.....

revised.jpg

20. Rand Man

Rand Man

I dig it. My wife is feelin a little crabby this evening. Maybe try two-tone green. [​IMG][​IMG]

21. Gotta keep the wife happy!!

green2.jpg

LeoH, Peanut 1959, 2redrovers and 2 others like this.
  22. Rand Man

Rand Man

23. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Good choice, this is a much better looking color combo.

24. Squablow

Squablow

Hooray for mild custom Packards! I like the rendering of the Packard with the Olds lights, they look natural there. The one piece glass actually helps a lot, too.

I'd like to see it without the visor and the hood ornament, and with a Kaiser front bumper overrider in place of the stock one. I think that would clean it up a lot more. I know I kinda agonized over removing the hood ornament from my Packard, they're so neat looking, but the overall design was just too busy and it looks cleaner without it.

25. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

26. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

With all due respect waylow64bird, if you make a request of these craftsman you will have to provide a much better photo for them to work with!!!!

kiwijeff, themoose and firengine103 like this.
  27. I agree, is this a project of yours or just for giggles.

28. @Squablow
    Cleaned up version...As always it all depends on your personal preferences

cleaned up.jpg

Rot 'n Kustom, Squablow and kiwijeff like this.
  29. Rand Man

Rand Man

That's probably how I would run it. I haven't bought it yet; my first offer too low.