Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Steve Lang

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Inland empire hot rods, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Sadly we have lost Steve Lang, he was a very talented man who inspired me to go the extra mile on my build, you will be missed my friend

Sent from my 831C using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Andrew Mccann and johnnybravo like this.
  2. Prayers go out to his family and R.I.P. my friend.Bruce.

3. RIP Steve ( Langy) , your builds and talent were top notch.

4. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh no! I was just looking at one of his build threads. I knew he was sick but I had seen him post recently so I didn't think his death was imminent.

Yet another good man is laid low by cancer...

My prayers and heartfelt condolences go out to the Lang family. Steve was a great guy and he will be sorely missed. Treasure the memories that you have of him!

Godspeed brother! Until we meet on the other side...

5. No !! Holy shit. RIP seems not to really fit here. All that building like life was normal, all the while "terminal" the entire time. What a man to continue doing what we all love in such, his condition. I hope God has some Willys builds for him, up there. What a shame. HAMB in peace Langy, and thank you so much for you.

:( ...

6. I'm So Sad to hear of his passing! he was a great talented guy and always happy to help and pass on his knowledge to other rodders, I somewhat personally new him but living overseas I also didn't know he was close to passing, he will be sadly missed by all, rest in peace Steve
    Charlie

7. Very sad news. Prayers going out to the entire Lang family. Steve was one of the most talented people here on the HAMB, posting details of stunning fabrication and build. A great loss to all who love building cars, and spend time here. God Speed Steve, I will never forget you!:(

8. Never had the privilege to meet Steve but corresponded with him a lot. Talented guy who will be missed.

Godspeed Steve

9. troybert

troybert
    from muncie in.

Like losing a family member going to miss him and his workmanship prayers to his family

10. This is so sad...Steve was an extremely talented builder, loved his threads.
    My condolences to his family and friends.

modelkitbasher and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. I just heard this and I am so sorry to see this in print,my heart felt sympathy goes out to the Family and many friends,God Speed. HRP

12. Model B

Model B

Never met Steve but emailed, texted and spoke on the phone, always helpful and friendly.A great guy and exceptional rod builder. He will be missed by all who knew him. My condolences to his family. RIP Steve. Martin.

13. That makes two Hambers this week.:(
    Steve's work was definitely a cut above most, his attention to detail always impressed me.
    I was smitten with his green Roadster.
    RIP Steve.

mad mikey and milwscruffy like this.
  14. Oh man, say it isn't so...
    He was such an inspiration to me. He made some nice comments regarding my work and that meant a lot to me, coming from him. Peace be with his family. See you in the great shop in the sky some day Steve!
    Damn it...

15. catdad49

catdad49

Sorry to hear of his passing. Thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

16. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

I couldn't have put it more succinctly myself, horrible news. Steve's Willys build is a favorite. What a talent lost.

17. carl.p

carl.p
    from grimsby uk

Even when you know it's coming it doesn't make it easier we have lost a Very talented rod builder and a good friend RIP steve keep busy up there mate

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

18. Legendlives

Legendlives

I never met Steve, but we discussed stuff through the forums, especially when he was building his Willys and I was building mine.
    An undeniable talent, taken all too soon.
    RIP Steve. Make some noise on the other side brother.

19. Mister Stainless said goodbye, i`m very sorry. Enjoyed his build threads so much, his work was as good as his humor.
    Hope there`s a lathe where he is.
    Rest in peace, Steve.

20. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

R.I.P. Langy

Sue and family, you are in our prayers!

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I didn't even know he was sick. I thought he was a pretty young guy? My condolences to his family and friends. We had some off-forum discussion about the hunt for the elusive 3/8 Witteks.:(

22. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

RIP Steve. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Sad news, Steve was a very talented guy. RIP.

24. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was also truly inspired by Steve's builds. It is a very sad day for all of us. RIP and my sincerest condolences to Steve's family. Larry

modelkitbasher likes this.
  25. R.I.P. Langy.
    Al.

modelkitbasher likes this.
  26. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I knew this was coming, last saw Langy a couple of weeks ago he had my parts waiting for me on his bedside table.Top bloke and a great mate.Loved his rods and his live music.Gonna miss him.Condolences to Sue and the family.

27. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences to the Family and friends.

28. 117harv

117harv

Punch to the stomach, too many great people leaving way too early. :( R.I.P.