Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How bad can it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VTjunk, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Calling Aaron Grote.........:D:eek:.. 20170315_123736.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. Looks like some good parts left...:D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. VTjunk

VTjunk

I don't usually ever find stuff like this either. I feel the same way watching everyone else on the HAMB it seems pulling old hot rods or buildable material from barns.

4. chopped f1

chopped f1
    from Australia

Ill drive over from here to dig that out

waynos, stillrunners and chevy57dude like this.
  5. chargin03

chargin03

6. indyjps

indyjps

Drag the '40 out, then go thru the entire ravine with a leaf blower and a rake, see what else pops up.

7. I have a '40 chassis, it's a complete roller with '40 wheels- FH engine, Trans, & most of it still wears it's factory paint plus it has a '40 title. Unlike you though I had to pay for it.
    Now only because my First wedding anniversary is next month I'll offer it up if you want. Once my anniversary gets close , selling it does me no good so I'm keeping it after that.

VTjunk likes this.
  8. If an asshat calls someone a dickhead does it really matter, I mean how can you take it serious?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  9. metalman

metalman

25 years ago I spent 3 hard weekends digging and dragging a 53 Ford convertible out of a ravine for my brother in law. After that a bunch of time helping him rebuild that rusty pos. Often thought we were nuts but he's still driving it today, been a great car and we've had a bunch of good times in it.
    40 Ford Deluxe coupe, now that one would be a no brainer.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

you missed all the fun...:D You are probably better off!

lothiandon1940 and bowie like this.
  11. VTjunk

VTjunk

Well by look for a chassis I meant one I could have for free or almost free lol.

Just kidding man, if I wasn't getting married myself in a few months I'd take that chassis off your hands even though I don't have the car yet. It remains to be seen how much it's going to cost me.

12. I have 2 more 35-41 frames, they are in that price range of a bottle of tequila to pizza. But you can't be afraid of metal work

13. I thought of that thread too. Those were good times.

Vt Junk I support retrieving that thing and build it using this thread as your foundation for a build thread. Nothing like the whole story in one place.

I'm still waiting for someone to top the Hippo paddle wheeler story.

scotty t and falcongeorge like this.
  14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Got that covered. The legendary "shit grinder",:D Ryan just posted a reminder of that the other day!

15. VTjunk

VTjunk

You guys will have to fill me in on that Hippo stuff, I wasn't here yet.

16. Dude you're in for a treat !

falcongeorge likes this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Mikel50 likes this.
  18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The legendary "shit grinder".
    on 01-24-2002 @ 06:46 PM

You know that feeling 'cause you tinker with cars you think you can fix anything?

Well sometimes you better not try, here's why:

I live in an old house from the twenties with originally just one toilet, outside, where you take a crap right into the sceptic tank, somewhere down the line whoever lived here got sick of his ass freezing to the toilet seat in winter and they installed a bathroom on the second floor.

Unfortunately they cut a few corners and instead of running a big pipe up to the second floor to dispose of turds they installed a 'brouilleur": one of those big blenders behind the toilet bowl so they can run the chopped turds down the little sink-drain pipes. Dunno if you have those things over there, they're kinda comparable to those blenders you Americans have in your kitchen sinks.

Anyway, our "brouilleur" has been acting up for months, it just kept on going, normally it shuts itself off 30 seconds after you flushed, first it became a minute, then it just wouldn't shut off at all. So what we do is take a crap, flush, wait 30 seconds then pull the plug. Been going on like that for weeks, so today I finally get my courage together to do the dreaded job of checking out the shit-caked brouilleur box. It's a white plastic box that sits right behind the toilet bowl and out the top comes a small pipe that dissapears into the wall.

It only took a couple of minutes to unhook it, and without getting too much shit on my hands. I take the lid of to be greeted by the most horendous sight ever, tubes and mechanisms with a nice old layer of shit in all shades of brown over 'em.

Take the thing downstairs and outside and pour it's contents over the fence (no neighbours) then take it into the garage and put it in the sink.

I can't see anything, first of all 'cause I can only look at it why holding my breath (me, a smoker, 10 seconds), secondly 'cause you can't see anything other then shit in the shape of machinery.

Logic tells me the mechanism probably shuts off and on with the level of water/piss/sheit in the box. So I decide to plug it in and run water from the tap in it to see what happens.

It fills up, and up, and up when all of a sudden the thing starts mixing, and, remember the pipe coming OUT THE TOP, and THE LID BEING OFF????? There was a fountain of shit coming out of that thing all the way to the ceiling!!!! Of course most of it caught me on it's way back down, it was horrendous, I was shitman, the white T-shirt didn't help either, in my hair, fuck, everywhere...

The missus is still laughing, and I've just spent two hours in bath, changing the water 3 times.....

19. VTjunk

VTjunk

I read the shut grinder the other day when Ryan re-posted it. Good stuff lol

falcongeorge likes this.
  20. catdad49

catdad49

Ain't that the SHIT!?

Mikel50 and falcongeorge like this.
  21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Theres a link to the Hippo Boat thread down the page on the shit grinder thread. Scroll down and you'll see it.

22. VTjunk

VTjunk

Read the Hippo thread. Now I understand. That's hilarious.

falcongeorge likes this.
  23. BJR

BJR

Never read the shit grinder story before, I have tears running down my face from laughing.

24. kustomkatt and kidcampbell71 like this.
  25. Squablow

Squablow

I sold a '40 4 door sedan that was pretty complete and solid for $1800 two years ago, something like that would have been perfect to combine with what's left of this coupe to make a complete car again. I wouldn't want to have to piece it back together from scratch, but with a donor 4 door it could definitely be done.

biggeorge likes this.
  26. VTjunk

VTjunk

Looking at the price of reproduction parts like floors, trunk panels, etc I'll be making my own.

27. a frame can be built - light weight - to get down there and put it together - under the car.....bolt down....and come along it up....pics later - maybe Monday....what I'm using for the frame off on my 39 coupe.....

28. VTjunk

VTjunk

I was thinking of bracing the body at a couple points with wood to keep it from folding up and give something to pull on.

All 4 fenders are there and really not bad, same for the doors, minor rust on the bottoms. The trunk lid is good. The hood will need work, the roof is caved in, but will push out, need some shrinking disc work

falcongeorge and biggeorge like this.
  29. do you want to borrow my sled? [​IMG]

30. VTjunk

VTjunk

That's pretty slick. I'm not sure there's even body mounts on this car.

What did you retrieve with that?